• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- English Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They aren't voiced in English. Maybe that is what has you confused?

In my apparently unreliable memory, I recall watching that very scene. But it was silent and the subtitles were in Japanese. And that's what has me confused. Wasn't KH2FM released the same way that KHFM was, where they take the English version of the game, add all the new content, and use Japanese subtitles?

Because KH2FM has Japanese subtitles. Unless there's an option to switch the language that I don't know about?

Gah. My brain.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's voices when you listen to it in Japanese in theatre mode then?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I knew it! I'm not insane.

[video=youtube;e6_hwVoOu48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_hwVoOu48[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Doesn't nullify the fact they recorded voices for it and added it to the game, therefore increasing the chances of the FM scenes getting english voices.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Doesn't nullify the fact they recorded voices for it and added it to the game, therefore increasing the chances of the FM scenes getting english voices.

I hope so. I didn't really mind the voiceless scenes with Riku in KHFM. It fit the mood, cause they were supposed to be kinda dark. And his mouth doesn't really move much. It's mostly just his thoughts as text on screen.

But with these scenes, it would be really weird for them not to be voiced. Hopefully, they will be.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There's voices when you listen to it in Japanese in theatre mode then?

Yeah, that's what it is. I have the game as well, so I can confirm they are silent in the main game, but they are voiced in theater mode when you switch it to Japanese. So since this one will be fully in Japanese in Japan, those scenes will obviously be voiced from the get go, so I would really hope they will record them in English as well now.

And then the new scenes in the Secret episode in BBS:FM are just spoken in Japanese from the start, so I expect those would also be voiced in the English version.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yeah, that's what it is. I have the game as well, so I can confirm they are silent in the main game, but they are voiced in theater mode when you switch it to Japanese. So since this one will be fully in Japanese in Japan, those scenes will obviously be voiced from the get go, so I would really hope they will record them in English as well now.

And then the new scenes in the Secret episode in BBS:FM are just spoken in Japanese from the start, so I expect those would also be voiced in the English version.

Forgot about those. That also reminds me of something. Now that we know for certain that the secret episode in BBSFM will be included on 2.5, I wonder how that whole BBS Volume 2 thing is going to play out. I'm sure they won't touch it, aside from translating it/voice acting it, but I'm still wondering if it won't confuse a lot of people.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
please SE give us the release date already!:cool:

I predict that we'll get the release date as well as the boxart sometime in January or February. I'm only speaking for Japan though. They usually just announce the Western release date without warning, so that could happen any time after Japan's date is announced.

Unless they decided to release them at the same time lol never gonna happen k I'm going to go cry now

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Actually, do you guys think they'll even keep the BbSv2 cutscene in 2.5? Considering at the moment the idea isn't being followed up on as far as we know, I don't know if SE wants to send the wrong message to fans who either don't know about it and get hyped from it or fans who thought that it was scrapped but seeing the trailer again view it as confirmation.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, do you guys think they'll even keep the BbSv2 cutscene in 2.5? Considering at the moment the idea isn't being followed up on as far as we know, I don't know if SE wants to send the wrong message to fans who either don't know about it and get hyped from it or fans who thought that it was scrapped but seeing the trailer again view it as confirmation.

They might remove it, but might as well remove Aqua's realm of Darkness section since it not only shows a new boss, but it did still lead to 3D and KH3. They could redo it so it official leads to 3D.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Personally, I was always under the impression that the BBS Volume 2 thing was a trailer for DDD, but "BBS Volume 2" was the original name for it. However, a lot of people on here have told me that was incorrect, and that BBS Volume 2 was going to talk more about what happened in the events direct leading up to the first KH. Personally, I don't understand why that story would need to be told though. We know what happened, or at least the gist of it, from the various reports and such in each game that tell us about Terra-Xehanort's experiments when he had amnesia. We don't need a whole game about that.

I wouldn't mind, assuming they decide to remaster DDD, if they tweaked that secret ending and changed it to a hint for DDD instead. It would make more sense.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Personally, I was always under the impression that the BBS Volume 2 thing was a trailer for DDD, but "BBS Volume 2" was the original name for it. However, a lot of people on here have told me that was incorrect, and that BBS Volume 2 was going to talk more about what happened in the events direct leading up to the first KH. Personally, I don't understand why that story would need to be told though. We know what happened, or at least the gist of it, from the various reports and such in each game that tell us about Terra-Xehanort's experiments when he had amnesia. We don't need a whole game about that.

Well, here's the thing, we don't know exactly what BBS v.2 would have consisted of had it become a thing or what kind of game it'd be. If the trailer we were shown is anything to go by, BBS 2 would have been a glimpse of all the untold perspectives of Kingdom Hearts. Riku's time in Days, Kairi's time in KH2, Donald and Goofy before they met Sora, the King in the Dark Realm. The concept alone makes it probably one of KH's biggest what-ifs.

3D, however, was a project that took Nomura by surprise. It wasn't the "Mystery Game" he'd been developing during BBS.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, here's the thing, we don't know exactly what BBS v.2 would have consisted of had it become a thing or what kind of game it'd be. If the trailer we were shown is anything to go by, BBS 2 would have been a glimpse of all the untold perspectives of Kingdom Hearts. Riku's time in Days, Kairi's time in KH2, Donald and Goofy before they met Sora, the King in the Dark Realm. The concept alone makes it probably one of KH's biggest what-ifs.

Reasons why it sucks so much it got shelved before even becoming anything. ;-;

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It seems to me that the title "Blank Points" is more applicable to this hypothetical scenario. :p

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Yeah, while it seems from this point that BbSv2 wasn't completely necessary, it essentially would have filled in all the blank points in the series we still don't know about. Aqua's time in the RoD among all those listed above. To me it would have been awesome if we got to play as all these different characters and I honestly would have loved to see how the story played out with so many focuses on different characters. Not to mention the chance to play as Aqua again...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Regarding BBSv2; it would have theoretically covered a lot of gaps in the series and probably would have tied everything together so we could move forward to KH3 with fewer questions.

The "mystery title" that Nomura used to mention (which was not DDD nor BBSv2) was the game that had its plot integrated into DDD, so there is still a story for BBSv2 out there that we have yet to experience.

I forever cry over how beneficial this would have been for the series.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
I distinctly remember...
DAFUQ is wrong with my memory?

If you have a completed save file from Re: Chain of Memories, you can watch every KHIIFM cutsecene in japanese.
Go into Theater Mode and press (if I remember correctly, it's been a few years since the last time I watched Theater Mode properly,) R2 and L2 to switch between 英語 (english) and 日本語 (japanese)

Yeah, like everyone's favorite mistake: BLEIG.

I believe those mispelled names were all corrected for the PAL version, so if SE use that one as basis, their names should all be corrected though.
That is a main reason why I'm missing a NA version of KHII for my KHII comparison thread...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I believe those mispelled names were all corrected for the PAL version, so if SE use that one as basis, their names should all be corrected though.
I come from PAL and I can confirm that is was Bleig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back