• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- English Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That is wonderful. Didn't even realize that Ven's keyblade was literally 2D like that in BBS. So awesome that they're fully rendering the keyblades

Most of the Keyblades unfortunately suffered the same treatment, so it's great that they're actually solid now.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
An English trailer?! What a nice pre-Christmas present!

This translates into something along the line of "Tell me the reason you were chosen." See, there was no topic specified by Roxas; what or whom was Sora chosen by? This might have caused some confusion on the translators' part since they might not have truly understood the context of the sentence, given the relative brevity of the confrontation between Sora and Roxas.

Anyway, it's not too much an issue. Bugging, perhaps, but well, at least we know that Roxas was meaning to ask why Sora was chosen by the Keyblade.
This does make me question as to why they couldn't just translate it to that or to "Tell me... why were YOU chosen?" These days though I kinda like the little oops in translation. It gives me a good laugh.
Didn't II have a few name misspellings as well? I hope that gets fixed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
An English trailer?! What a nice pre-Christmas present!

They followed up on that nicely with a meaty interview with Nomura in Famitsu about 2.5, 3 and KHx~ Merry Christmas!

This does make me question as to why they couldn't just translate it to that or to "Tell me... why were YOU chosen?" These days though I kinda like the little oops in translation. It gives me a good laugh.
Didn't II have a few name misspellings as well? I hope that gets fixed.

Yeah, like everyone's favorite mistake: BLEIG.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
They followed up on that nicely with a meaty interview with Nomura in Famitsu about 2.5, 3 and KHx~ Merry Christmas!

Yeah, like everyone's favorite mistake: BLEIG.

Ugh, I forgot about Bleig...the one I always remember from KH2 is that in Olympus Coliseum they labeled the plaque as being for the Phil Cup and the smallest trophy as being for the Pegasus Cup. Even though, you know, they were the opposite in KH1...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
So...at the end of the trailer, they show a KH2 FM scene. Does that mean they're going to dub the FM scenes in English this time? I mean, the actors' current voices don't differ at all when compared to KH2.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So...at the end of the trailer, they show a KH2 FM scene. Does that mean they're going to dub the FM scenes in English this time? I mean, the actors' current voices don't differ at all when compared to KH2.

I think whatever was voiced in PS2 KH2FM would be voiced in PS3 KH2FM for consistency's sake. That would probably include the FM-exclusive scenes and CO-crew Organization member battles.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Was that scene really from the FM? I can't remember what they added there, but I thought they just put in the battle, not extra cutscenes.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The only scenes that won't be voiced will be the FM exclusive scenes, I'm sure. Just like in KHFM on 1.5, there'll be English subtitles but no voice acting during those scenes.

Was that scene really from the FM? I can't remember what they added there, but I thought they just put in the battle, not extra cutscenes.

No, you're correct. The playable Roxas battle is the only FM exclusive part.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The only scenes that won't be voiced will be the FM exclusive scenes, I'm sure. Just like in KHFM on 1.5, there'll be English subtitles but no voice acting during those scenes.
That can't be said for certain. KH2FM actually had the FM scenes voiced in Japanese whereas KH1FM did not.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That can't be said for certain. KH2FM actually had the FM scenes voiced in Japanese whereas KH1FM did not.

Well, seeing as the KH2 voice actors can still reproduce their KH2 voices (unlike KHFM in 1.5), it IS possible.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I do wonder what this "Big News" that Square is talking about is. My guess is probably the Limited Edition, and I sure hope that it's exactly the same as the 1.5 one. I'm totally cool with buying a LE and a standard copy of the game again, cause I like funding KH.

Considering I'll probably be disappointed with the CE like I was with 1.5, I hope the big news is online...that would seriously be probably the best thing they could announce right now for me.

Just saw the trailer in HD. Shed tears. When something makes you shed tears of joy, it concretely proves its sublimity, and may provide a heartfelt renewal of faith in this flawed world. I WEPT, as every fan should!!!

Implying that if one did not shed tears that they aren't a fan? IDK about that <___< [/sarcasm] but seriously...I didn't shed a tear, should I just give up my whole KH collection right now lol?

Exactly, somehow they mixed up "it" for "he" in translation. (wished they'd fix it)

NOPE! Official confirmation, keyblades have genders!!! I hope Destiny's Embrace is a female :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, seeing as the KH2 voice actors can still reproduce their KH2 voices (unlike KHFM in 1.5), it IS possible.
They didn't even voice those scenes for the Japanese release of 1.5 so I think it was a universal decision to just retain them the way they originally were. With KH2FM having always been voiced, there really is no reason NOT to voice the scenes in English.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They didn't even voice those scenes for the Japanese release of 1.5 so I think it was a universal decision to just retain them the way they originally were. With KH2FM having always been voiced, there really is no reason NOT to voice the scenes in English.

You ARE referring to the scenes that were silent in KH2FM right? Cause I still have my imported PS2 copy of KH2FM and I remember there being several scenes that were just subtitles and moving lips with no dialogue.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You ARE referring to the scenes that were silent in KH2FM right? Cause I still have my imported PS2 copy of KH2FM and I remember there being several scenes that were just subtitles and moving lips with no dialogue.
Can you please list the scenes that were silent?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Can you please list the scenes that were silent?

The one that immediately comes to mind is that one in The Castle That Never Was, where Xemnas goes into the Chamber of Repose to talk to Aqua's armor. There's an exchange between Xigbar and... Saix, I think. When Xigbar speaks, no sound comes out of his mouth and the subtitles are entirely in Japanese. And when Xemnas talks to Aqua's armor, there's no sound.

There are others, but that's the one I always remember.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;PRD_ZsYKYVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRD_ZsYKYVs[/video]

[video=youtube;Oeo6rRJW1_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeo6rRJW1_U[/video]

They're voiced.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
They're all voiced though?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
[video=youtube;PRD_ZsYKYVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRD_ZsYKYVs[/video]

[video=youtube;Oeo6rRJW1_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeo6rRJW1_U[/video]

They're voiced.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I distinctly remember...

DAFUQ is wrong with my memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back