• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well…f***.

There goes my vacation funds…

And my PS Portal funds…

And my Steam Summer Sale funds…

And my wallet…

And my savings...
Well who needed a Steam Deck or Switch 2 anyway?

Or a new kidney?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Lol. As for me, since I'm on a limited income anyway and I need to make sure to save for parts for a PC rebuild, among other things (like stuff for what I term the OH CRAP list for my NEW CAR, I think you guys can imagine what that would be; also need money for the 'con fund); This game's going to be total free to play unless I have to buy the actual game for me. I'm sure it's possible; I did the other two F2P or almost NO paying for stuff, and my Google Rewards account is pretty fat atm. So I should be good.^^

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
What did you expect? Another art style shift

Uh yeah? From the way you write that it’s like you think that’s some outlandish thing from a series that has thrived on doing just that.

when they can just use the KH3 style?

That’s the problem. The medium is the message and this medium doesn’t mesh with “the KH3 style”.

Here it looks generic and nothing like KH3, which, although uninspired at times, makes up for it with some truly outstanding art direction and technical feats in others. Part of the problem I had with KH3 was no longer having any major constraints in the same way they had with other consoles. That meant less innovative ways to transcend those constraints were needed. Made the whole thing less artful than previous entries despite obviously being technically superior.

Same thing with Missing Link vs other portable KH games.

SuperNova

Awards
And I said I wasn't going to play this game, welp I'm eating my words now! The steampunk aesthetic really sells it for me and the KH3 graphics don't look bad for a mobile game. Gives me hope for KH4.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
After 20 years of incredibly solid character designs, I can finally say that KH fell off hard with the new characters seen in this trailer
Yeah, the red head is…bland and he looks unfinished. The new “Kairi’s Grandmother” is fine if not a bit…bland. The player character is boring.

The world itself is cool but character aesthetics are not there. Bland and boring aren’t descriptors we should be using here lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if it's a remade Neverland
That was one of my thoughts earlier! I’d love to go back there.

I wonder if Disney worlds could be tied to real world locations/environments. Like if you’re near woods, you would have more battles set in Corona. Or if you’re near the coast, you could see more island environments like Neverland, etc. If you’re in a city, you could San Fransokyo, Monstropolis, etc.

I think the girl who might be Xehanort’s granny looks fine. Not crazy about the red haired dude with the different shade of red jacket. His hair clashes too much with the jacket in my opinion. The jackets seem to be a society uniform since both of those characters are wearing it, so we’ll probably see more NPCs sporting them. Maybe these are just minor characters compared to Brain, Sigurd, etc. who have unique styles.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Here it looks generic and nothing like KH3, which, although uninspired at times, makes up for it with some truly outstanding art direction and technical feats in others. Part of the problem I had with KH3 was no longer having any major constraints in the same way they had with other consoles. That meant less innovative ways to transcend those constraints were needed. Made the whole thing less artful than previous entries despite obviously being technically superior.

Same thing with Missing Link vs other portable KH games.
I think KH3 shined most during the Caribbean and Secret Episode, where they were once again pushing the limits of the hardware and finding unique methods of hiding imperfections and pushing aesthetic.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I saw an area that reminded me a lot of you the 101 Dalmatians version of London but it might just be another area of Scala Ad Caleum. Still got my finger crossed tho

LoneFox

Awards
The new “Kairi’s Grandmother” is fine if not a bit…bland.
I think the girl who might be Xehanort’s granny looks fine.

Interestingly, my first reaction to her was that she looks very similar to what I'm expecting the Norse goddess associated with things like intelligence, wisdom, and/or knowledge to look like. You know, the one who will eventually become Eraqus's grandmother. Even the dog collar she is wearing sort-of matches: Of course I could never have predicted that particular detail, but some kind of visible weird quirk definitely is expected.

And of course, being Eraqus's grandma doesn't exclude her from being Xehanort's one as well... :LOL:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I saw something on Twitter about every location in the game not being Disney worlds persay but have motifs from various franchises. Like Kingdom of Corona isn't going to be in the game but I suppose an area of it is just part of Scala?

I think there was a Nomura interview that says something like that.

Missing Link takes place before Dark Road right? I think I remember Xehanort saying that Scala is the Nexus from which all worlds sprung, so I guess we might see locations of Disney Worlds but not many characters?

Though the Book of Prophecies seems to still give us powers from characters that don't exist yet so maybe if you go to a location, you can meet future Characters?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Interestingly, my first reaction to her was that she looks very similar to what I'm expecting the Norse goddess associated with things like intelligence, wisdom, and/or knowledge to look like. You know, the one who will eventually become Eraqus's grandmother. Even the dog collar she is wearing sort-of matches: Of course I could never have predicted that particular detail, but some kind of visible weird quirk definitely is expected.

And of course, being Eraqus's grandma doesn't exclude her from being Xehanort's one as well... :LOL:

Did I miss Eraqus’ grandmother being revealed somewhere? I know it was suggested that Brain is his grandfather.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
These are all the Disney characters that have new models:

Aladdin, Tinker Bell, Jafar, Lucifer, Pinocchio, Jasmine, Flora (red fairy), Abu, Ms.Teappot and Chip, Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, Queen from Wonderland, Merryweather (blue fairy), Cinderella, The talking Wardrobe, Snow White

The last person I could tell I think is Prince Florian from Snow White?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I am suspicious about those being new models. It looks to me like the old wireframes were brought in with new textures and glossy UE lighting.

Liodin

Awards
For me the main problem is the one that all characters models since 0.2 have, which is the lighting/shaders. They look like wax or plastic. NPC's and the pieces too.

In 3 they fixed it a lot, although it is still noticeable, but it seems that we are back to Terra in the 0.2 demo.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For me the main problem is the one that all characters models since 0.2 have, which is the lighting/shaders. They look like wax or plastic. NPC's and the pieces too.

In 3 they fixed it a lot, although it is still noticeable, but it seems that we are back to Terra in the 0.2 demo.
It's most obvious on the red haired guy. It's not my favorite design, but it is feels very intentional to contrast "reality" vs "unreality".

Back