• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts - One of the Top 10 Best Series at TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I feel like everybody hated Days...

But I agree with Hamster's view on KH2. Everybody, even people who have only played that one are like "OMG KH2 IS AMAZING HERPADERP!" Re:CoM was the underrated KH game.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
358/2 Days was boring as shit in my opinion. And I know a super film snob on another forum who makes fun of me because of my liking of Final Fantasy (he thinks it's boring) and thinks KH2 is the best KH game.

i was like

lolwut

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Days had really faithful recreations of KH2 worlds and locations which were impressive given that it's the DS

the problem was this didn't make it any less lazy of SE or tedious for anyone playing through them again

Ulicies

Days was so fun. I beat every single multiplayer mission and unlocked everything. But that was back when my friend played the game. If only it had online... *daydreams* And CoM for the GBA is different than Re:CoM. It has more charm, IMO. From the nostalgia.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Overrated????!!!! Hell if anything, it's underrated this series needs more recognition. I mean when KH2 came out there was a release party with voice stars of the games and was covered by Disney Channel's Disney 365 news commercial. Since then, they barely mention the game, and very few commercials advertise the games itself. Last time I actually remember seeing a KH game advertised at least a decent amount on TV was CoM, this series needs to be bigger!

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Naw when I mention the series was overrated way back on the first page. I'm only saying the way the series has gone since more recent games that it doesn't seem like the same game I popped in that very first time back in 2002. In more simpler terms seems like the magic has disappeared from this series it won't be long before KH3 comes out they announced it will have DLC and crap which will make it 100x worse.

I liked BBS, KH1, and Com/Re:Com, but because of the story after each game including BBS I almost can't look at KH1 anymore cause the thoughts of KH2 or BBS run through my mind, and it seems like an epic fail.

Also a game doesn't have to be as big as your Mario, Halo, and COD to be deemed overrated.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Naw when I mention the series was overrated way back on the first page. I'm only saying the way the series has gone since more recent games that it doesn't seem like the same game I popped in that very first time back in 2002. In more simpler terms seems like the magic has disappeared from this series it won't be long before KH3 comes out they announced it will have DLC and crap which will make it 100x worse.

I liked BBS, KH1, and Com/Re:Com, but because of the story after each game including BBS I almost can't look at KH1 anymore cause the thoughts of KH2 or BBS run through my mind, and it seems like an epic fail.

Also a game doesn't have to be as big as your Mario, Halo, and COD to be deemed overrated.

Yeah I feel like that sometimes too, re:coded barely felt like a KH game most of the time....but u kno, it would be nice for one of the 2 heads of this franchise that owns 2 television stations and several worldwide theme parks to advertise the game a little more. Anyone remember on Disney VHS tapes when they advertised video games for the computer and everything??? Disney should take as much pride in this series as they do for their movie and tv licensed games

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
They're overrated by the people who play them?

A game doesn't have to be the size of Halo to be overrated.

I'm not making any statements on how good KH is btw, just saying.

I don't even see that. People play the hell out of them, but it seems like most of the fanbase only complains about the direction the series has gone since CoM. So again, I'm not understanding the overratedness here. I think KH receives exactly what it deserves in terms of love and hate.

billyzanesucks

I can understand that. The series has changed a lot, but that doesn't mean that it's bad, just that it's good in different ways. There are so many fans who criticize the series at every turn that I'm not sure it can be overrated.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
But again a game doesn't have to be as big as GTA or as small as Ico or should a say have a small fanbase to be deemed overrated.

In one sense you could say Heavy Rain is overrated because it's an over glorified point and click adventure. Yet it doesn't even have sales to match up with a game like KH if I'm not mistaken Heavy Rain only has about 2 mil copies sold correct?

This is just an example.

billyzanesucks

But again a game doesn't have to be as big as GTA or as small as Ico or should a say have a small fanbase to be deemed overrated.

In one sense you could say Heavy Rain is overrated because it's an over glorified point and click adventure. Yet it doesn't even have sales to match up with a game like KH if I'm not mistaken Heavy Rain only has about 2 mil copies sold correct?

This is just an example.
We're not even talking about fanbase size or things like that. We're saying that many people who play it criticize it. You're not in an extreme minority here, which makes it particularly amusing when someone calls it overrated. Everyone points out the faults, or at least most people realize the faults and just don't point them out because they still like it more than they hate it. On Youtube there's a ton of haters, and on every KH3D video I go to people say the story sucks, the story doesn't make any sense, release KHIII, stop making spin-offs. We're much more nice here, but I don't think we represent the rest of the fanbase when it comes to that.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yet in some of your posts you talk about how KH fans criticize it so much that it probably can't be deemed overrated/underrated maybe I misunderstood that part.

Remember I am also talking about this series as a whole not just a particular game either just to make that clear.
When I compare this to say FF that brand has 14 main games out vs. KH with just 6 soon to be 7(it can be argued that the side games are actually main games).

Out of the 14 FF games only 1 was extremely bad(XIV) two were mediocre(XII, XIII), but you know this is a bad example as FF changes with every release vs. KH which stayed the same course at least with main characters.

I guess this is one reason I'm tired of KH because of the it's "Sora's Story." I'm trying to hold back from ranting though as I don't have time like that.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
two were mediocre(XII, XIII)

I still don't see why people consider XIII mediocre. It's actually one of my favorite games to play, and had a pretty solid story. Hell, I actually consider it better than KH2 and Days, which I both loved.

billyzanesucks

Yet in some of your posts you talk about how KH fans criticize it so much that it probably can't be deemed overrated/underrated maybe I misunderstood that part.
That's what we said before and that's what we're saying now. Your calling of KH as overrated is a form of criticism, and there are many more people who criticize it even though they still like it to an extent. So I'm saying that not everybody loves the series and what they're doing with it, but they still somewhat like the series or some of the games. And the there are just people who hate the series in general, which can be pretty common. It still gets plenty of praise, but it's countered by criticism and balanced out; it's not like the whole fanbase kisses every game. So I don't think it's overrated.
Remember I am also talking about this series as a whole not just a particular game either just to make that clear.
Of course, I never meant to designate any specific games.
Out of the 14 FF games only 1 was extremely bad(XIV) two were mediocre(XII, XIII), but you know this is a bad example as FF changes with every release vs. KH which stayed the same course at least with main characters.

I guess this is one reason I'm tired of KH because of the it's "Sora's Story." I'm trying to hold back from ranting though as I don't have time like that.
I get what you mean. I kind of wish they would have a brand new protagonist and story for each saga. But I think we'll always have a few games like BBS that aren't completely tied to Sora. Since FF has completely different stories, I'm sure it will remain marketable for a long time. It's sad that this isn't the case for KH, but it's likely that they wouldn't make the sagas deeply interconnected, so that new players can join without too much confusion.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm a bit surprised that Kingdom Hearts is still doing well despite its games being all over different consoles. But then I look at the numbers for the KH1 sales compared to the other KH sales and think that the fanbase shrunk a bit.

Or it could be because of poor advertising. Days was good, not the best, but good in that department.

BbS and Re:coded, on the other had, didn't have that much that I saw.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Or it could be because of poor advertising. Days was good, not the best, but good in that department.

BbS and Re:coded, on the other had, didn't have that much that I saw.

Re:Coded's advertising was pitiful, but I know I said this earlier, BbS' was just as good as Days advertising, they just varied channels.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Problem with XII and XIII they were two different extremes for a FF fan at least that's what I gather with FFXII it was a MMORPG shell. Then you had FFXIII which was on the opposite end very limited in many areas like exploration and such.

Where as you had a balance with FF between I-X and somewhat FFXI(haven't heard to much criticism from it).

Main problem though with both were the stories either uninteresting(FFXII) or just too sudden(FFXIII)

@ billyzanesucks

See I don't think Kingdom Hearts needs new protagonist or even all new worlds you can reuse areas just can't make them feel the same as the previous games. Let me go out on a limb to say that using new worlds is a good thing if they contribute to story.

One thing I will say is that a story has to have a end and to be honest Sora's story should have ended at KH2 good or bad it had the perfect ending, and now with each game they release afterwards they make it look as though KH2 doesn't exist in a way it's like their doing it on purpose because of all the back-flap the game has received even to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back