• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Knight's journey: Likke of Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
here's the next chappie...

note: riku_gunblade i know i sadi i'd post in a couple of days but i couldn't help myself. i like typing now and with no more adue....

Chapter Nine: Start of Journey

“Donald!” Sora said excitedly.

Sora then rushed to Donald, almost hugging him. He tried to calm Sora down but he was too happy. It must’ve been years since they last saw each other. Everybody seemed to be happy, except Likke, whose jaw dropped. She’s seen weird things before but not a duck that could talk.

“The duck! It talked!? Aren’t you freaked out about this?!” she blurted out to them.

“Hey! Be careful how you talk missy!” he said.

“Likke? Haven’t you seen animals talk before? It’s kinda shocking at first, so get used to it.” Kairi said, tapping her shoulder.

“If you say so… but how can he talk?” she uttered softly. “How and are there more here that can talk?”

After their little discussion, Donald led them inside the castle. To Likke, it was the most beautiful place she’s been. They passed corridors and halls until they came to the throne room. A dog stood waiting for them with a goofy-looking smile.

“Goofy! Long time no see!” Sora said again putting a big smile.

“Gawrsh Sora, you’ve grown. I hardly recognized you!” he said.

“A dog and a duck that can talk… by this point nothing should surprise me.” Likke said to herself, crossing her fingers. “Nothing should surprise me… I hope.”

“It’s nice to see you guys again but why are you here?” Donald suddenly asked.

They started to get serious again. It wasn’t the time for jokes or talking animals right now. They needed to stop Hito and whoever else was planning something. And moreover, Likke wanted to know her past, even if it may not help them fully.

“Is the king here? We need to talk to him. The heartless started appearing again and something may be going on.” Riku said instantly without hesitation.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you but he isn’t here…”

Queen Minnie showed up from affront them, with a mixed expression of sadness and worry. Donald and Goofy also frowned and kept quiet.

“I see… I’m sorry your majesty. Did the king go to another journey?” Sora asked.

“He did. Though it’s alright, you shouldn’t apologize.” she said, trying to smile. “But indeed, peculiar things have been happening with the heartless reappearing and that’s why the king left.”

“Then, we better be off too. We’ll try to figure things out for ourselves and stop whatever bad that’s about to happen.” Sora said confidently.

She then nods at them. “Please be careful and take care.”

They then went outside and got ready to board the gummi ship. Likke noticed Rue didn’t come out yet, guessing he was still angry. She sighed and hoped that his temper went down, although that could be impossible.

“Rue… what am I going to do with you?”

“He’s still upset? I’m sorry for bringing up the topic.” apologized Kairi, after noticing that Likke was talking to herself. “I didn’t mean to bring up a sad event.”

“No Kairi, it’s not your fault. It’s just that things haven’t been well and he’s emotional about it.” she said waving her hand.

“Was it really horrible? What happened between Rue and… uh… Hito was his name right?”

Likke stopped talking again and replied with a nod. As much as she wanted to talk to Kairi about it, the moment she saw Hito hurl the keyblade against Collsiea had a strong impact on her, making her unable to say as much as a word. Kairi then tried to comfort her and Likke grinned. Just as they boarded the ship, Donald and Goofy came running towards them.

“Wait up!! We’re coming with you!” they shouted.

“That’s great! Although, which world are we going to first to look for answers?” asked Sora, preparing to drive.

“Hollow Bastion.”

Haku

<3
Great chapter, nice cliffhanger at the end it really wants the reader to read more.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
here's chapter ten.... is it me or do i type within one day? weird... well... no more delay

Chapter Ten: Triggerhappy

The sun began to set and the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee ended their work for the day. The place kept on becoming more wonderful each day and they decided to take a break at a shop.

“Welcome! You guys are working hard.” The shop owner said with a chuckle.

“We sure are old timer!” Yuffie said cheerfully.

“Heh, old timer huh? Well, since you guys are here, what will it be?”

Yuffie, along with Leon and Aerith took their seats and began to order. Leon was quiet as usual while Aerith looked at a small menu the shop owner lent to them.

“I’ll have juice please!” said Yuffie, waving her hand.

“Coming right up, miss.”

But they weren’t the only ones there though. A woman sat on the far corner of the shop. Her identity was hidden due to her blindfold and she was also wearing a long cloak. Leon started getting suspicious but he hid it from Aerith and Yuffie.

“The wretches haven’t been here yet… but I better stay here for awhile.”

“Uhm, pardon me miss, but I’m going to delay your order for a moment.” the shop owner said to the woman.

“Oh, forget it. I’ll be leaving now anyway.” she said, starting to leave. “And you can keep the money.”

As the woman went out of the shop, Leon thought who she was. He suspected her as a former organization member but he could be wrong though and decided to keep it for himself.

“Hey mister” Yuffie began to talk “The lady that went out, did she arrive from somewhere? It’s kinda obvious she’ not a resident.”

“Well, I can’t be sure but she started hanging out in my shop days ago.” He replied, wiping a glass dry.

“Let’s just not let our guard down.” said Leon “I think something’s going to start… and it doesn’t feel right.”

~*~*~

“We’ll be arriving Hollow Bastion in a few minutes.” said Sora, while maneuvering the gummi ship. “Hey Riku, what do you think about what’s going on?”

“I don’t know.” He replied. “Oh, and when you have the time, talk to Likke. Her reason for being here was to ask you something and she might have some knowledge.”

“Ok then. Rue’s a keyblade master like us isn’t he?” he asked. “I overheard them talking some time ago and I noticed he held a keyblade while we tried escaping the heartless.”

“It appears so. Though I’m not sure about Likke if she has a keyblade or not.”

“We’ll know sooner. Tell everybody to get ready because it’s two more minutes ‘til we get there.”

They arrived at Hollow bastion after two minutes. Rue finally got over his temper and went out with the rest of them. Likke was relieved. She couldn’t stand the pressure if he hadn’t stopped. Sora and Riku talked to each other for some time and then spoke to all of them.

“Me and Riku are going to find Leon and ask him something. He may know some information we need. Until then, Kairi, stay with Likke and Rue.” He said.

“Alright, if you say so.” said Kairi “But what about Donald and Goofy?”

“You two are staying with them. Make sure nobody gets hurt and be careful. The heartless can show up at any time.” Riku added.

“Roger!”

They then went on their way to look for Leon. Kairi started thinking on what to do while they were gone. They didn’t want to do nothing while Sora and Riku were looking for clues.

“Well, I don’t have any ideas on what to do. What about you guys?”

“We could ask the locals for information.” said Goofy “There are lots of nice people here so it wouldn’t be hard.”

“That’s not a bad idea.” said Donald “Finally, you’re making logical ideas.”

“Sounds good to me.” said Rue.

“What do you think Likke?” Kairi looked around but was surprised she wasn’t around.

“Likke? My gosh, where’d she go?”

“Darn. She must’ve gone when we weren’t looking. Likke’s got the maturity of a two year old and she dashes whenever she feels she needs to do something.” he said in an annoyed manner. “What was she thinking?”

For some time, Likke was running around Hallow Bastion. She wanted to help in looking for information, thought that she would go ahead of them and ask the people for answers- just as Rue had said. She then became exhausted and sat on a bench she noticed around the area.

“This place’s too big for me.” she said scratching her head. “And I think I’m lost…”

Suddenly, a bunch of heartless showed up in her area. In number, they were as much as twenty. Likke gulped and turned pale. She tried to run away but one of them blocked her path. They closed in on her and started to attack.

“It’s over…” she said ducking and covering her head.

As the heartless swarmed to attack, they were destroyed suddenly in a blink of an eye. A woman then stood in front of her, she wore a long cloak and in her hand a gunblade. Likke looked up and realized the heartless were gone and noticed the woman who protected her. She sprang to her feet and held the lady’s arm tightly.

“Thank you!! You saved me!” she said bursting into tears.

“Ack! Don’t cling on me like this.” The woman replied, shaking her arm.

“But if I let go, the heartless will come after me again!” Likke said again, refusing to let go. “I’m too young to die!”

“I know you’re scared but stop clinging on me like a darn koala. It’s uncomfortable and annoying.”

“I don’t think I’ll manage on my own…”

The woman then gave a sigh and shook her head. Though she was annoyed, she realized Likke had a point. Likke wouldn’t last long if she stayed by herself.

“Well, I won’t mind having you along, seeing you can’t even fight or fend for yourself.” she said “But on one condition.”

“What is it?”

“Let go off my arm now, please. The circulation of my arm’s blood is decreasing.”

“Ok then.” Likke replied, agreeing on her condition.

“But tell me… do you have any friends or companions along? I can drop you off to them.”

“I have. Would you do that for me?” she questioned.

“Yes.”

Both of them left and headed back to the direction Likke went. She was really lucky the woman had come and saved her before the heartless even laid a finger on her. As they walked, Likke noticed she wore a blindfold and began to ask.

“Why are you wearing that thing over your eyes?”

“This?” the woman said, touching her blindfold. “I want to keep myself unknown to others. I haven’t asked for your name yet, have I, little girl?”

“Nope. Well, I’m Likke. I really appreciate you saving me. Can you tell me your name?”

She grinned at her question but didn’t reply immediately, which made Likke impatient.

“Well? What’s your name?” Likke continued to ask.

“I can’t really tell right now… but you can call me… Triggerhappy.”

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
Meh... tired... well here's my next chappie. =3

Chapter Eleven

“No, it’s not here, either.”

Song and Avorquin started their day looking for the missing journal. Ever since yesterday, their schedule had been hectic, leaving them little time for a scavenger hunt for the journal.

“Are you sure it’s supposed to be here? All there is here are some rotten books and some with messed up words on them.” said Avorquin, pilling the books carelessly, causing dust to spread.

“Those ‘rotten’ books hold important information.” she replied “And so far, all you're doing is making the dust fly around.”

“Face it Song, it’s not here. Maybe Mason has it or something... ”

“Well, I hope you’re right. I’ll be in trouble if it’s not anywhere in this castle.”

Meanwhile on Hollow Bastion…

“Something bothering you?”

Triggerhappy suddenly stopped on her tracks. She looked around, sensing something wrong and prepared her gunblade. Likke got startled and hid behind her.

“Are the heartless coming again?” she asked.

“It’s not a heartless…”

“Eh? If it’s not what is it then?”

She then took something from her cloak and gave it to Likke. It was a short dagger, with the sheath decorated with a blue jewel.

“I’m going to have to separate from you. That path up ahead is safe.” she said, holding her gunblade in position. “This thing’s going to kill you if you’re anywhere near me.”

“You’re not serious are you and what’s the dagger for?”

“The only person you can rely on right now is yourself. You can’t always expect other people to protect you.” Triggerhappy said, pushing her away. “Now go!”

“Wait!-”

Likke tried to stop her but she was too far now since she ran really fast. She started to think what the thing that Triggerhappy sensed but thought that it wasn’t important right now. The heartless could reappear again and she wasn’t willing to encounter them again.

“I wonder how the others are…” she mumbled, while running.

*~*~

Meanwhile, Sora and Riku entered the Hollow Bastion restoration committee’s office. Cid sat in his usual chair, doing research on his computer. Aerith and Yuffie weren’t around, probably checking if anything went wrong.

“Hey, it’s been ages you two.” said Cid as he was typing.

“Cid, have you seen Leon?” asked Sora “We wanted to ask him about-”

“The heartless? Those things showed up again, haven’t they.” he said, cutting Sora off. “Leon’s with the girls. When you find him make sure you get back here. We’ll be discussing something important.”

“We sure will.” said Riku.

They then went outside the office and started on searching for Leon. While walking on the streets, they encountered an attack from the heartless again.

“These things keep getting on our way.” said Riku, somewhat annoyed.

“Aww come on, Riku. Don’t tell me you’re getting angry.” teased Sora. “We’ll fight our way out like what we always do.”

Sora took out his keyblade and Riku did the same. The fight lasted for minutes due to the heartless increasing in number. One of them inched near to Riku but stopped its attack. It was like something was calling them to halt and they disappeared into the shadows.

“What was that about?” uttered Riku “The heartless had never acted like this before.”

“I wonder if the others are okay?” said Sora, looking upwards to the sky.

“They’re with Donald, Goofy and Rue, so don’t worry. Those guys can fend for themselves.”

“Uh… yeah, I guess.”

Just then, a sudden movement caught Riku’s eye. He motioned to Sora to the direction where the movement came from and planned to attack. He nodded and sneaked closer without creating any sound. The grip on his keyblade tightened. They dashed to attack but heard a scream. It belonged to a girl, who had fallen to the ground, shivering intensely while pointing a dagger at both of them.

“Likke? What are you doing here?” asked Sora.

“I’m supposed to be the one asking you two.” she replied, as she returned the dagger back into its sheath.” What the heck were you trying to do?! Kill me!?”

“Sorry ‘bout that.” apologized Riku” We thought you were a heartless.”

Riku lent her a hand. She grabbed it, pulling herself back to her feet. Likke started to shake off the dust off her clothes. Her dagger caught Sora and Riku’s attention and both of them didn’t hesitate to ask.

“You mean this?” she said showing it to them “Triggerhappy gave this to me so I could fight for myself. She’s really nice but she’s kind of mysterious.”

“Who’s Triggerhappy? She’s got a weird name if you ask me.” Sora said. “And weren’t you supposed to stay with Kairi?”

“Uhm… It’s a long story and no, she’s not weird.” Likke replied “Have you met with this Leon person already?”

“We haven’t. Although the heartless’ attacks keep on increasing and probably, somebody’s controlling them.”

“For now, we should check if Kairi and the others are fine. I can’t help thinking if they’re alright or not.”

All of them agreed and began to go back to the gummi ship. Likke felt an unusual feeling on her chest. She slowed down a bit and eventually stopped. The feeling wasn’t painful and rather felt warm inside. Her hand gave off a slight glow, though it didn’t last long and faded.

“Whoa… what just happened back there?” she thought, with her eyes widening.

“Likke, come on! We don’t have all day.”

“Hey! Wait up!”

im gonna have to make the pace of the story faster... oh boy... but if im having fun who cares? :thumbsup::toungesmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back