• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Latest Famitsu features KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they put in the effort to give an Elephant a hat then they better have gone to the effort of inserting Chirithy into DDD.

YES YES YES ! ! ! :DDDDDDD So much yes! I want Chirihy as a DE AND in my room as a plushie! ;~;

Liking the new Dream Eater, looks like an elephant wearing a fedora, haha.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Solve puzzles and face terrifying boss fights while adventuring through the Realm of Darkness in KH0.2. KH0.2 in particular is intense. It uses the same development engine as KHIII. We aimed to make the last dungeon enjoyable, the sense of environment scale and the movement when Shadows become a large vortex is amazing!

I am not sure if I am reading too much into this, but I like how Yasu specifically mentions puzzles at the beginning here. Makes me think that there will be more puzzles on 0.2 and possibly in KHIII then in lat few KH games. It makes me happy since KH1 had all sort of little tasks/puzzles which very pretty fun. Nothing super heavy or complex, but I enjoyed the heck out of them.

I like the way they are approaching 0.2. The games takes place in the RoD so it should be terrifying and intense. Hearing these kinda of things makes one even more excited for 2.8!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I am not sure if I am reading too much into this, but I like how Yasu specifically mentions puzzles at the beginning here. Makes me think that there will be more puzzles on 0.2 and possibly in KHIII then in lat few KH games. It makes me happy since KH1 had all sort of little tasks/puzzles which very pretty fun. Nothing super heavy or complex, but I enjoyed the heck out of them.

Yes! Like the envelope collecting thing in Traverse Town, I absolutely love little things like that and have really been missing them in the other games. Everything I hear about 2.8 just makes me more hyped for it ;v;

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yes! Like the envelope collecting thing in Traverse Town, I absolutely love little things like that and have really been missing them in the other games. Everything I hear about 2.8 just makes me more hyped for it ;v;

KH1 had the most of all sorts of little puzzles which were not that heavy, but they made the game more diverse in my opinion. I loved solving them with a very limited English vocabulary when I was a kid playing KH1 the first time. DDD had some puzzles which were based on movement and I liked them too. I wonder what kinda puzzles 0.2 will have? Will they be centered around on Aqua´s movement and platforming, or will they be the similar to KH1 more cryptic ones: like firing a lamp with a fire spell, moving thing and etc...

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
KH1 had the most of all sorts of little puzzles which were not that heavy, but they made the game more diverse in my opinion. I loved solving them with a very limited English vocabulary when I was a kid playing KH1 the first time. DDD had some puzzles which were based on movement and I liked them too. I wonder what kinda puzzles 0.2 will have? Will they be centered around on Aqua´s movement and platforming, or will they be the similar to KH1 more cryptic ones: like firing a lamp with a fire spell, moving thing and etc...

I'm pretty sure there's going to be something related to that room in the trailer that turns upside down. We could already see that some of the chests can only be accessed like that, kind of like in BBS where you had to manipulate the gravity to get some of the chests in Deep Space. I hope the mechanic is used for something else too!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I'm pretty sure there's going to be something related to that room in the trailer that turns upside down. We could already see that some of the chests can only be accessed like that, kind of like in BBS where you had to manipulate the gravity to get some of the chests in Deep Space. I hope the mechanic is used for something else too!

Yeah. Or, I know this is not 100% same, but a bit similar how in Wonderland you could only access to certain areas when you entered the room in different places, and the whole thing would turn around, making it almost a different experience. 0.2 puzzles will also probably have something to with the strange gears that Aqua needs to hit to change her surroundings.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I know you meant that. I was just suprised that it was his render and not an actual plushie.

Yes, I know it wouldn't be the same one as the Players. Indeed I was talking about the talking part. And would it actually have a form of intelligence so to speak? The other Dream Eaters don't talk, or seem as intellegent as the Chirithy.

I had the exact same thing. I'm not even dissapointed anymore...

Oh well yeah, that is kind of the question right now. In general I have been wondering why Chirithy is more intelligent than other Dream Eaters. We honestly still barely know a lot about its origins other than what they are, and the basic function they were created for. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some reason they are more sentient than normal. I suppose the whole Chirithy in a bottle thing seems to be in the trailer so we may see more in Back Cover.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Thank you for sharing! By chance, other than the director's message, were these going to be translated? I'm really interested to know what some of these speech bubbles say, especially all text in second page.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah. Or, I know this is not 100% same, but a bit similar how in Wonderland you could only access to certain areas when you entered the room in different places, and the whole thing would turn around, making it almost a different experience. 0.2 puzzles will also probably have something to with the strange gears that Aqua needs to hit to change her surroundings.

While I'm super okay with the hour glasses, I'm still confused at having to hit the poles to turn that one hall upside-down.
I mean, the thing itself is cool, but why not hit some sort of significant object she has to hit in order for the place to turn around?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
While I'm super okay with the hour glasses, I'm still confused at having to hit the poles to turn that one hall upside-down.
I mean, the thing itself is cool, but why not hit some sort of significant object she has to hit in order for the place to turn around?

Hmm, it`s a bit hard to say at the moment. I guess there was something wonky going on with the pillar and we will eventually find out when we play the game.

Also, I was watching the trailer again and I think it`s cool how twisted the dwarfs diamond mine is:
tumblr_inline_odg7lqevsn1u21k0v_500.gif

I am not a miner but that looks really, really wrong. The whole shaft seems to have collapsed and it looks like you are descending to this bottomless dark pit, and only the diamonds which loom in the distance give you light. At least I think those are diamonds.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The shaft itself doesn't look that wrong to me (except for the fact it's going down instead of straight forward), but the fact that the whole surroundings are missing makes it look kinda creepy.

Hirokey123

Awards
Each world in the realm of darkness is supposed to have its own gimmick. In CoD there is no time so you use gears to rewind the clock which literally rewinds the world to a less decayed state. While Dwarf woodlands seems to dealing with mirrors, the mines remind me of how when you reflect a mirror in a mirror you get just an infinite corridor from the reflections. While the castle appears to have the ability to shift what side of the reflection your on by hitting those pillars. I can only imagine what the gimmick for the Enchanted Domain will be.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Each world in the realm of darkness is supposed to have its own gimmick. In CoD there is no time so you use gears to rewind the clock which literally rewinds the world to a less decayed state. While Dwarf woodlands seems to dealing with mirrors, the mines remind me of how when you reflect a mirror in a mirror you get just an infinite corridor from the reflections. While the castle appears to have the ability to shift what side of the reflection your on by hitting those pillars. I can only imagine what the gimmick for the Enchanted Domain will be.

Aah, so the place with the pillars where Aqua seems to manipulate gravity/which side of the reflection she moves probably is the dungeon area in the evil queen's castle.
Speaking of Enchanted Domain, is it Maleficent's Castle that looms in the distance at the end of the trailer, with all the Darksides?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Aah, so the place with the pillars where Aqua seems to manipulate gravity/which side of the reflection she moves probably is the dungeon area in the evil queen's castle.
Speaking of Enchanted Domain, is it Maleficent's Castle that looms in the distance at the end of the trailer, with all the Darksides?

Probably, it's full of thorns after all

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I did not actually remember what Maleficent's castle looked like, and only made that connection yesterday when I started a new game in BBS. But now that I saw it again, it defenitely is her castle. The position and the towets are the same.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

This sounds really interesting. It reminds me of the first game when every world kind of worked by its own rules and you had to navigate them in particular ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back