• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Less Talky, More Playing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What do you think about the Final Fantasy cut scenes?

• Less. Movies and video games need to be separate mediums.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Eh, I don't mind. Prajna, stop complaining!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • MOAR!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I just wish they were shorter.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajna

I'm sure it's not just me when I say this but I've been playing FFXIII for a bit and it seems with each new FF release the number and duration of cutscenes seem to increase every time. I enjoy the romantic and epic stories and it doesn't hurt to listen to them reminisce about things at times, but it honestly feels like I'm watching a movie half of the time. It's always walk for a bit, get into some fights, cutscene and repeat until you find a save point and go on to fight a boss which prefaced with a 3 minute exchanging of words between the character and the boss... The games are great, there's no question about it, but it seem like 2/3 of the game is a Disney/ Pixar film.

So what does everyone else think?

denizenofevil

I like the long cutscenes. Final Fantasy X had a lot of them. My aunt who watches me play sometimes does think it's like watching a movie but I'm not much of a gamer anyways. I suck at gaming in general so I just play for the story.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I love most of the movies in Final Fantasy and I hate the turned-based battlesystem, so damm simpel. It's fun with the longer more challanging battles but "I" haven't seen manny of them at all. (have not bought FF XIII jet)

Llamapox

It's really a matter of personal opinion. Some people (like me) really enjoy the stories, and most of the cutscenes tend to develop the story, so you tend to like watching them. Others just like playing the game. This is when the "skip cutscene" option in newer games is excellent.

Of course some of the cutscenes are just terrible. Anyone else remember the laughing scene in FFX.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This is when the "skip cutscene" option in newer games is excellent.
I hate when games can't do this, HATE IT!
Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core and even some games on the PS3 can't skip every cutscene but mostly most of them (R&C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back