• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making a theme for the forums!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What Background do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallade

Awards
Sorry for holding back on this one, but we had to add some stuff:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Took me forever to get Sora, Riku and Mickey off of the clouds >_>

And here is the background alone (feel free to add it to the wallpaper section on the main page, the dimensions are 1920x1080)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I like it with the pink-ish colours. Suits it better. I also feel Sora and Riku shouldn't be too noticeable, instead make them kinda faded or something like that.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
WOW! That blue one (my favorite color is blue so maybe I'm a bit biased) is drop-dead dreamy!!! Is there only a certain number of skins a forum can have or does it take away space if you have to many or something like that? I love the idea of using the argyle patterns from each game to create a skin based on that game (for example, Days would have the Roxas image where he is taking off the coat which dissolves into his memories with the argyle pattern that has the Nobody signs) but if that isn't possible, I think my favorite would be to use the blue argyle pattern (reminds me of the sky background on the cover) with either "no effect" or the glow around them.

Rallade

Awards
Well here's one of the last additions, the info panel, I also tried to reduce some of the eyesore:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The banner is up to Hillboy now

Rallade

Awards
Trust me guys, the fading thing doesn't look good.

Edit: I said nothing, it looks great.

Here it is:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
I'll be honest... I don't particularly like any of those options, but here's my input: no fade on Sora or Riku, no sparkles, and try to pick a less obnoxious red and blue for the user info and the posts. they're extremely bright and an eyesore.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I like the first prototype combined with Zephyr's sparklies!

I would like to see the argyle pattern stretch across the whole background. It fades at the sides where they would be most visible, yet is centered right underneath where the threads would be, blocking the luscious argyleness. Another issue with the fading/composition is that Riku and Sora look really awkward when facing down on the right sides - you see their bodies, but their heads are being swallowed by "darkness". Their legs fading out into a white cloud background would be pretty neat though. (Also, I'd prefer them both upright.)

All-in-all, some good brainstorming. Can't wait to see the completed skins!

Rallade

Awards
I think I've done everything I can for now, the rest is up to hillboy, expect the poll to be up sometime during the week.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Here's what I tried to do. I've added some sparkles.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I love those, but sora really needs to stay falling. I hate how retarded his head looks because his hair was drawn specifically for falling. Fix that and you guys will be as good as gold.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think you should change the gradient instead of just a plain black and white. The white's making everything look really washed out and doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the bg. Try playing with colors and see what works best.

I think I've done everything I can for now, the rest is up to hillboy, expect the poll to be up sometime during the week.

As it stands right now, I don't think this is ready to be voted upon. It's great that you're both so passionate about this, but you've only been working for about a day and I think this would be better if you take your time and brainstorm more ideas to add and improve just one skin at a time instead of pushing out one after another as quickly as possible. Momentai guys.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i really appreciate the initiative even if i wouldn't use this particular skin

keep it up guys :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back