• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New old information on BBSV2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMS

Reviewing some old interviews, I came across this:

"Gemaga and Dengeki PS Magazines (2007)
Gemaga: Are the characters who appear in the new CG “secret movie” added to Final Mix from the new title?

Nomura: They are people who have some relation to the new series. However, the next title won’t just be Kingdom Hearts III. If it were III, we wouldn’t call it a new series.

Gemaga: Will Sora and Riku make an appearance in the new game?

Nomura: *Laughs* I can’t say. It may have something to do with Xehanort though.

Dengeki PS: What can you tell us about the new title?

Nomura: First, it’s not Kingdom Hearts III. Of course, because we’re calling it a ‘new’ series, it won’t be Kingdom Hearts III. Also, it’s a series, so it probably won’t be just one title."

This is from 2007, after II Final Mix +'s secret video about BBS.
proof he's talking about BBS:
*snip*
s “Aqua” and “Ven”. Are those the names of the other 2?

Nomura: Yes. The blue-haired girl is Aqua."

source: Summary of Kingdom Hearts Interviews - Kingdom Hearts 3

tl;dr: 2007 rumor on BBSV2

StVen

And the main point is? I didn't actually get what you're trying to say. I thought maybe he's just talking about the BBS itself.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kinda sounds like he's talking about how BBS, Days, and Coded all fit into each other in a sort of "series".

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Or perhaps Birth by Sleep will be a series itself. Going Birth by Sleep, Birth by Sleep Vol. 2, Birth by Sleep Vol. 3?? Or maybe even some magna to accompany it...

...just shootin' ideas here, not gold.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Or perhaps Birth by Sleep will be a series itself. Going Birth by Sleep, Birth by Sleep Vol. 2, Birth by Sleep Vol. 3?? Or maybe even some magna to accompany it...

...just shootin' ideas here, not gold.
Yeah..... no.The date makes the notion that Nomura would give a hint on BBSV.2 a far stretch. At that time, the three new games were just announced, and work on all of them was being done. Nomura had that and his Final Fantasy to do.

He probably didn't start properly discussing the idea of BBSv.2 with his co-workers until late 2009, when the Jap and English versions of Days were released. To imply that BBS itself will be a series(with the V.2 and V.3) is preposterous.

Not to mention the manga. I don't think Days' manga is done. KH II's isn't done. BBS will probably be done after KH III is released because of how long they're taking.

You may be just shooting ideas, but they're really not very good ideas.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Like I give a fuck, just getting my post count up. The OP was silly in the first place and not explained well...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like I give a bonk, just getting my post count up.
Now that ain't right.

The OP was silly in the first place and not explained well...

That is true. It's the wording of the whole thing.

This is how it should have gone:
I've been reviewing some old interviews and I came across this:

"Gemaga and Dengeki PS Magazines (2007)
Gemaga: Are the characters who appear in the new CG “secret movie” added to Final Mix from the new title?

Nomura: They are people who have some relation to the new series. However, the next title won’t just be Kingdom Hearts III. If it were III, we wouldn’t call it a new series.

Gemaga: Will Sora and Riku make an appearance in the new game?

Nomura: *Laughs* I can’t say. It may have something to do with Xehanort though.

Dengeki PS: What can you tell us about the new title?

Nomura: First, it’s not Kingdom Hearts III. Of course, because we’re calling it a ‘new’ series, it won’t be Kingdom Hearts III. Also, it’s a series, so it probably won’t be just one title."

This is from 2007, after II Final Mix +'s secret video about BBS.
And the proof to support that he is talking about BBS:

“Aqua” and “Ven”. Are those the names of the other 2?

Nomura: Yes. The blue-haired girl is Aqua."

source: Summary of Kingdom Hearts Interviews - Kingdom Hearts 3

tl;dr: an interview done in 2007 might contain a clue to the mysterious BBS V.2

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Might as well delete the thread seeing their is no relevancy whatsoever. It will knock me 2 posts anyways. Besides, Chaser's remark made him sound like a dick about it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Besides, Chaser's remark made him sound like a dick about it.
How? Thinking logically that Nomura was dealing with a lot and wouldn't have had time to birth the idea of BBSv.2 to the rest of S-E headquarters, and that a manga is out of the question for the moment? Totally dick like behaviour.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The OP does not explain anything about the interview except the bolded text. Recon takes a stab at guessing. Chaser shoots him down -.-

kingjustink

You may be just shooting ideas, but they're really not very good ideas.
Now why... Why did you have to go and finish your post with that remark? You had a wonderfully valid and contributing post, but did you really need to sneak in that personal and insensitive line?

Anyway, on topic, perhaps what the OP is trying to guess at is that Nomura was hinting at a prequel series? In which case, I'd rather doubt that's what Nomura meant as he did state that he didn't wish to dwell too much in KH's past. I'd reckon he was talking about the new direction KH is taking with BBS, Days, and Re:Coded at the time.

padlock

Awards
Hello... this is an translated interview from 2007. Clearly he is talking about Days/coded/BBS. They were announced as a new trilogy that tied together at the end of that year.

Now why... Why did you have to go and finish your post with that remark? You had a wonderfully valid and contributing post, but did you really need to sneak in that personal and insensitive line?

Whilst I agree that Chaser didn't need to add the snark, all that was undone by the idiotic post count remark. Recon doesn't "take a stab at guessing". He spams. Oy Vey.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Hey say that again and I go back and delete your posts for spam.

-_______-

Ethy from an old interview said:
Well, I try to get over 50 spam posts in a day in the KH section and 50 somewhat thought-out posts. I really beat myself up when I don't reach my daily goal. I usually just do under 50 idiotic posts and pray a mod doesn't read them so i won't get an infraction for half of the BS I say.

You of all people should understand Ethy lol

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Oh no! Somebody's discovered my corruption!

QUICK! SOMEBODY POISON THE WATERHOLE!

None must know of this event. NONE I SAY!!

*ahem*

Yeah, sounds like he's talking about how BBS, Days, and Coded were like a sub-trilogy of the series as a whole. Which makes sense if you look at how their logo colors match those of Sora's Drive Forms...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
it sounds liek playing as the apprentice trio again might be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back