• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official E3 2012 Preview of Kingdom Hearts 3D!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Official E3 2012 Preview of Kingdom Hearts 3D!*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

Raio Mitsuno (Product Manager for Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]): Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kingdom Hearts [Dream Drop Distance] is the newest installment in this 10 year franchise. It picks off right where Kingdom Hearts II left off; it is the continuation story and the follow-up that fans have been eager to play. A lot of new features have been implemented.

First and foremost, Flowmotion is a brand new feature where Sora and Riku can interact with anything in their environment. If there's a pole, they could spin off of it. If there's a rail, they could grind on it. If there's any wall, they could kick off of it. It's not great just for going from Point A to Point B really fast, but each of those can be linked to a special finishing attack, so if you're in a corner with a bunch of enemies surrounding you, one kick off the wall can land you a really powerful attack that just clears the way for you.

Reality Shift is a brand new feature. Each world actually has a unique one; as you attack the enemy, you could get a prompt to swipe down on your touchscreen, and if you do so, your character will actually dive into the bottom screen. Each world is different in its own way, but you'll be prompted to do some sort of touchscreen input. If you do it correctly, you'll land a very very powerful attack on all of the enemies in the screen.

So, the Dream Eaters in this game, like the Heartless in Kingdom Hearts I and the Nobodies in Kingdom Hearts II, in the worlds that Sora and Riku visit in this game called the "Sleeping Worlds", they creatures that exist there are called "Dream Eaters". They feed off of people's dreams. Specifically, Nightmares are the ones that are bad; those are the ones that you fight; they consume people's dreams. The ones that actually consume the nightmares, which are your buddies; they're called "Spirits". You can actually breed them and kind of treat them like pets, and they'll actually fight alongside you.

We wanted to make sure that newcomers are not completely alienated from jumping in now. What we made sure is that throughout the game, there's going to be moments where, it's called the menu "Memoires"; basically it helps to recap what happened in the previous games so if you didn't play Kingdom Hearts II or you didn't play Chain of Memories, it'll actually summarize it for you so that when you're in the middle of the action, you know what has led up to that point. For long-time fans, we wanted to make sure that everything felt new to them. It still feels like the classic Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but it feels new. One way we addressed that was every Disney world that the players visit as Sora and Riku in this game have never been used in the series so far.

Kingdom Hearts is known for a very fast-paced action-oriented gameplay, and this one really takes it up a notch. Everything that you do in this game is faster, flashier and more powerful that what you've played in any of the series so far. It really does give you a glimpse that this franchise is constantly evolving and constantly reaching to a new level, so it kind of gives you a lot of hope that after you play this game for what the next one could occult be.

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is exclusively on Nintendo 3DS and will be out on July 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
He always has such nice posters in his shots...I want the one to his right (the left of him in the video). As usual, there is nothing new here but thats fine, I know he mentioned the memoirs here and he didn't last time. I'm curious why they went back to using that early Japanese footage towards the middle considering it is not only Japanese, but they had a bad quality version of it.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
There isn't much he said that the common fan doesn't already know, but I think it's great that the game is getting so much attention before E3 has even started.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm starting to think he's the only one who works at S-E ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is kinda off topic but has anyone heard anything about the release date for the Demo! I've been looking all over!!!

Nothing's been said since it's reveal in the Ultimania unfortunately, but all in due time~

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Could someone make it into a youtube video? It won't play on my computer D:

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I'm starting to think he's the only one who works at S-E ;)

lol. Me too.

Also @kupo1121, I was wondering the same thing. Why not use some new stuff? But anyways it's great to see that KH is getting attention.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought it would show videos along with what that guy said? Or is it just old footage?
Really old footage. The only english footage is of what we've seen. There's actually footage in there from the very first trailer, where there were Heartless in the Realm of Sleep

Ulicies

Is this not the place to discuss theories about the trailer linked above, like the reason why Sora is shown sitting on top of the Organization chairs?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Is this not the place to discuss theories about the trailer linked above, like the reason why Sora is shown sitting on top of the Organization chairs?

No, this is the thread to discuss an interview one of the product managers for KH did which is posted above.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well it wasn't a trailer. It was Raio talking about the game. We can theorize here, though, dince we don't have a place to theorize...

Sora is sitting in that chair because he was kidnapped while he was sleeping? He's definitely not awake and it mirrors Ven in a way.

Ulicies

Either that or his heart is stolen or missing like how Ven was acting in the BBS flashback?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The Kingdom Hearts DDD E3 2012 trailer is nice and, its very refreshing to see however i believe that its been shown before.

I think you guys are in the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back