• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
That’s the thing with KH, there are SO MANY CHARACTERS and not enough time to see them all interact. I mean the sea salt and wayfinder trios only got one scene all together in kh3 because they were all busy doing other things and there was so much going on in that game already. And there’s really no way to fix it because let’s be real, now that we’re in this new arc we won’t be seeing all of our old favorite characters as much anymore.
I mean, it could work. Just let the original characters interact in Disney worlds instead of confining them to original worlds that are no longer the priority development-wise.

But I guess that's never going to happen. And if KH3, the climax of the Dark Seeker Saga wasn't an ensemble story it's unlikely that will change going forward.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Awards
I read this and holy moly, I loved this! I loved the characterization of Riku and Sora, I loved their dynamic and this was just a pretty good fic overall.
Although, it wasn't until like halfway through the fic that I realized this was supposed to be a high school AU and not just a post KH3 au or anything like that lol.

I just remembered a NamiKai fic that I'd like to share as well, if you mind.

And another NamiKai fic with a mix of SelKai in there, too.

But one question I'll add is do you have any headcanons for any ships?

KairiTheMang0

Awards
I do! Mostly for Soriku and Akusai

Soriku:
Depending on my mood they either confessed to each other in the secret place post kh3 before Sora disappeared or in Quadratum.
Sora made them bracelets with their pride flags on them (Sora had the rainbow one and riku the mlm gay flag)
Since they got together they have spent every Friday night on Sora’s couch going through Riku’s very very long list of movies he wanted to watch. Sora usually ends up passing out but Riku doesn’t really mind because it gives him an excuse to take stupid pictures of Sora while he’s sleeping

Akusai:
THEY DO JIGSAW PUZZLES TOGETHER!!!! Lea would purposefully put pieces in the wrong spots and Isa would get so angry at him.
They moved in together after kh3 along with Roxas and Xion. I’ve got a full fic idea for this one that I’m hoping to write at some point
Lea confessed first, Isa gave him the “Oh I know” and kissed him on the cheek before leaving. Lea went into an intense gay panic mode and somehow thought Isa didn’t like him back despite kissing him and so Lea ignored him for days before Isa cornered him, and asked him out.
Lea helps Isa deal with him gender dysphoria!!!!
They place bets on who are going to get together and 90% of the time they’re right

Some other ones short ones for other ships

KaiNami - Kairi hated the idea of coming out and kept their relationship a secret until Lea and Isa told her she was being an asshole because the gay dads know everything

Hayner and Olette crush on Roxas and Kairi respectively and have talk to each other nonstop about them because they’re “the only one who’d get it”

NamiXi - They started flirting as a joke thinking the other didn’t like them that way

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nobody:

The KH subreddit last Week:
SdiKgp0.png

eEXVZtd.png

grC18cQ.png

AwVTAWk.jpg

72VlMBu.png

SWc1pPL.png

LMgT7an.png

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Got another question for you guys! What’s your favorite piece of fan art for one of your favorite ships?
There's the adorable Xehaqus strip I shared here a while ago, and this:

And this:

Though I'm dying to see Aquarella art with Cindy wearing the incredibly bi outfit she wears in the end credits to Cinderella 3.

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
You know now that I think about it Jim n Sora isn't the weirdest ship I've seen and I kind of dig it.
smovs made entire comics about their possible dynamics in a Treasure Planet world. You should check them out! They're a lot of fun!

Jim is my favorite Disney character to pair up with all and any of the KH cast in his age range. Jim/Kairi is a mood.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
You know now that I think about it Jim n Sora isn't the weirdest ship I've seen and I kind of dig it.
I had a weird obsession with them a few months ago and I still really really like it. I dunno, they’d have a really cute friendship/relationship.

Out of any KH world I wish wasn’t cut Treasure Planet is the one I wish we got to see. I love the movie and would’ve killed to see Jim and Sora or Jim and Riku interact.

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
Exactly! I'm sure so many other people have said this but that's the problem with trios and just "designated groups" for characters to "belong to", especially for series like Kingdom Hearts with such a wide cast of characters, because those "designated groups" limit character interactions vastly.
You know, this is understandable to a degree. When you have such a big cast restricting characters to "cliques" makes juggling their relationships a lot more manageable. But it absolutely is limiting, not just with establishing new relationships, it's also cut off existing relationships.

Larxene seems to have become Marluxia's designated love interest because they're a man and a woman who were allied and introduced together. But the thing is, that wasn't really their relationship in Chain of Memories. In CoM Larxene tries to hit on Axel. He's not exactly receptive, but it indicates that there were unique relationships between the various Organization members.

Are they ever going to follow up on that? And it wouldn't even have to be in a shipping way, they could just do something with the fact that Axel gained their trust before betraying them. Unfortunately, I can't see anything happening because the characters have been relegated to different cliques.

Back