• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opening line of KH2 relevant to KH3d?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zdude2099

Ok, so I was just thinking today about the opening quote from KH2
"A far off memory that's like a scattered dream... A scattered dream that's like a far off memory... I want to line the pieces up... your's and mine."
And that struck me as kind of reminiscent of what we know about KH3d so far: The strange out of place but familiar events (twilight thorn in traverse town, etc.) ("A far off memory that's liker a scattered dream"), and the story line based on two character's and the theme of "trust" ("I want to line the pieces up... your's and mine")

So now my question is: Do any of you guys think this line might have some to do with KH3d?

I don't know, just joggin my noodle. Thoughts?

Allister Rose

French Lover
you know it has a high chance nomura might actually do it. it's sort of like those lines you see after kh1 menu when in kh2 it turns out to be the letter kairi wrote for sora

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Eh, I always figured the line was referring to CoM... what with it being placed over Sora at the crossroads.

Not to mention these lines FROM CoM:
"fading memories...reconstructed memories...and a dream - a dream of you in a world without you"

and Re:CoM:
There is always sleep between part and meet
with our usual words on the usual street.
So let us part like we always do...
And in a world without you
I'll dream of you.
When I come to, let us meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I doubt KH3D was even a concept in his mind when he put those words in KH2. But he might look back on them and think it fits for what he wants in KH3D. Like the heart shaped moon in the KH1 cover.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't that referring to CoM? Namine repairing Sora's chain of memories and all...

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think it could relate to both COM and 3d. remember kairi's letter? it was originally from kh1 video after the menu timed out. if they can put that in kh2, i'm sure they can put this in kh3d. but i would like it to be in kh3.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
i think it could relate to both COM and 3d. remember kairi's letter? it was originally from kh1 video after the menu timed out. if they can put that in kh2, i'm sure they can put this in kh3d. but i would like it to be in kh3.

Well that was more for a dialogue that appeared in all the KH1 trailers. And it also appeared in the KH2 trailers as well... I don't know, I think it'd be kind of stretching it if it was meant for both COM and 3D...

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well that was more for a dialogue that appeared in all the KH1 trailers. And it also appeared in the KH2 trailers as well... I don't know, I think it'd be kind of stretching it if it was meant for both COM and 3D...
well i mean, they both have the same idea.....

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I just don't see the point of him even trying to tie it together. What's he going to do? "Oh hey, remember that line in the KH2 opening? It has small ties to this game!" It just seems kind of pointless =/

Allister Rose

French Lover
I just don't see the point of him even trying to tie it together. What's he going to do? "Oh hey, remember that line in the KH2 opening? It has small ties to this game!" It just seems kind of pointless =/
well, the way you see it is different from mine. i'm saying he could, and depending on what kh3D is about, it might. we don't know enough yet.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
nomura might use it if he thinks about it just to act like he has it all planned.
Problem is, that doesn't sound like Nomura at all. He openly admits that he doesn't have a set structure for the series, and that he makes it on a rolling basis (work heavily on one set of games, while thinking in detail about the set that will follow, etc). He's not the kind of person who "pretends" to have it all planned.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if it's not from CoM that's much possible

Except I'm pretty sure everyone would see it as a hokey attempt to make things seem like they're connected instead of actually being connected.
haven't that been done before anyway? kairi's letter for example, that was great

"I've been having these wierd thoughts lately, like is any of this for reall or not?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back