• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

picket signs for my wicked crimes.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crossroads

Re: Have you ever been driscriminated?

Yea its pretty stupid. And even some ignorant people ask me if i want to be asain because i listen to asain music, shows, books, things like that. Pisses me off as well. White people will be like :your not black enough or you dont talk like your black"

I KNOW!!! It's ridiculous.

Nozomi Ai

The uneducated hood mentality. Such a shame that it permeates the "African American" culture.
Yea so its bassically like this if i dont

1. Talk in an improper way(hate it when people do)
2. Have "nappy hair"
3. listen to rap
4. cuss
5. use the n word over and over again
6.act like street trash

Then i am not black but a "White person trapped in a black grls body" as some like to put it.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards

250px-Gingerericsouthpark.png
I lol'd

C

Crossroads

2. Have "nappy hair"
3. listen to rap
4. cuss
6.act like street trash

Then i am not black but a "White person trapped in a black grls body" as some like to put it.

I'm freaking out!

That's exactly what they said to me! "White boy trapped in a black man's body."

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

2. Have "nappy hair"
3. listen to rap
4. cuss
6.act like street trash

Nailed it

Nozomi Ai

Also another issue i think i need to adress is when you occasionally have the hispanic or white person(mostly hispanic) that hangs around all these black people that say the n word. All of a sudden they use it and then it likes its okay. I have a lot of those at school. I dnt see the difference in a white person saying it and a hiispanic person saying it. It is both equally bad. I actally have a few of these at my school and witnessed them saying the word and then everyone acted like it was okay. I was pretty okay. Before you know that word will slowly become a trend in the next generations.

legendary_Dosa7

2. Have "nappy hair"
3. listen to rap
4. cuss
6.act like street trash

I think that is retarded

C

Crossroads

Also another issue i think i need to adress is when you occasionally have the hispanic or white person(mostly hispanic) that hangs around all these black people that say the n word. All of a sudden they use it and then it likes its okay. I have a lot of those at school. I dnt see the difference in a white person saying it and a hiispanic person saying it. It is both equally bad. I actally have a few of these at my school and witnessed them saying the word and then everyone acted like it was okay. I was pretty okay. Before you know that word will slowly become a trend in the next generations.

Nah. I actually think it's going to start going away believe it or not.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

ugh that happen at my old school and that word just bugs me and kinda hurts me inside

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

regarding certain words it's usually cause their friends are okay with them saying or joke with them and say it, or at least it was in my school. You had a hispanic friend you'd call him spic in a joking way, you have a aisan friend you call them chik. Just how kids communicate in high school by use of insults.

Oh and cause of the boondocks...

Nozomi Ai

regarding certain words it's usually cause their friends are okay with them saying or joke with them and say it, or at least it was in my school. You had a hispanic friend you'd call him spic in a joking way, you have a aisan friend you call them chik. Just how kids communicate in high school by use insults.
Although there friends are okay with it doesnt make it okay because they are disespectint a whole race. Not jst playing with their friends.

C

Crossroads

regarding certain words it's usually cause their friends are okay with them saying or joke with them and say it, or at least it was in my school. You had a hispanic friend you'd call him spic in a joking way, you have a aisan friend you call them chik. Just how kids communicate in high school by use of insults.

That's a great system the world has I tell you what...

Shuri

Because of your race, ethnicity, country origin, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation, lifestyle, weight, age,class, or for simply being left handed( yes sometimes we do get discriminated).

If so do you have an example?
Although outright discrimination does bother me, I think the kinds of prejudices I find the most dangerous and offensive are the ingrained kinds people aren't even completely aware they have. Like, on the matter of race and ethnicity, being Native "American" in America, it's a constant struggle to keep your identity as a normal human being intact. It's disturbing because people still watch movies like Peter Pan and consider the blatant stereotypes portrayed in them to be OK. But then there's the whole hypocritical political correctness that I have to deal with: like, if the "Natives" in Peter Pan were black, people would be up-in-arms. The entire movie would have to be remade to omit that scene. But since it's just the Indians, who cares? Then there's just the annoying historical inaccuracies of films like Pocahontas. Every time I see a clip of that movie on TV or wherever I can't help but think, "3/5 human being." But very few people seem to recognize just how disparaging idiotic cartoons like that are for Native people. They'd rather downplay them as silly shows that aren't meant to be accurate, just entertaining. Sure. Kind of like minstrel dances. And the whole perception of indigenous peoples adopted through the stories portrayed in movies like that are consequently flawed by default. And then I have to deal with ignorant bigots who think that because I'm an indigenous person I must smoke tobacco and hum gibberish around a drum by firelight.

Age and gender are the two other huge discriminatory factors in my life. Particularly where I am now as a "young man", I'm constantly treated like I should uphold the responsibilities of an adult but without any of the rewards of legal adulthood. That sucks majorly. And as a boy...I've just never felt very "manly" or anything of the sort. I also get in trouble because I don't believe fabric has a gender-tag attached to it and so my clothing choices don't always mix well with the general perception of how a boy should dress. I'm pretty sure it's the ultimate form of sexism when only men can be considered transvestites. I don't even accept that terminology as applicable to me. I don't dress in women's clothes. I dress in clothes that I find comfortable. A century ago, a woman in pants would have been considered outrageous. I don't see why people get so hung up on clothing anyway. I prefer nudity above all else.

And, of course, beliefs like this, coupled with my sexuality, tend to damage my image even further. Being gay in America is just like this open invitation for a shitstorm of hate and insult. It's like being Jewish in Nazi Germany, or (ironically) Native in Occupied America; you can't help it, but you're still treated like a criminal for it, and if anyone sympathizes with you or tries to help you out, they're just as guilty as you are. And the absurd misinformation that is perpetuated about LGBT individuals in the name of religion, and even some in the name of science, is disturbing. Especially when people are dumb enough to accept it as truth. The hardest thing is when people won't even get to know you because they'd rather just sit in judgment. They won't take an opportunity to actually learn about they people they're degrading because it's much simpler to assume that they've been right all along and pass misconceived judgments and reasonless hate.

The fact is that America is so far from the land of the free and the home of the brave that it honestly disgusts me when people are able to take pride in this nation. For everything I am and everything I know I'm going to be, this country is like a vat of acid slowly filling to the brim, burning me a little deeper with every passing moment. Belize sums it up pretty nicely in Angels in America:

I hate America, Louis. I hate this country. It’s just big ideas, and stories, and people dying, and people like you. The white cracker who wrote the national anthem knew what he was doing. He set the word 'free' to a note so high nobody can reach it. That was deliberate. Nothing on earth sounds less like freedom to me. You come to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean. I live in America, Louis, that’s hard enough, I don’t have to love it. You do that. Everybody’s got to love something.

Shuri/Eli

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

The fact is that America is so far from the land of the free and the home of the brave that it honestly disgusts me when people are able to take pride in this nation.

That's the whole freakin' world.

Shuri

^ True, but America is the most pompous and self-absorbed from what I can tell. Plus, it's where I live, so naturally I can't say what it's like to grow up in the UK or Japan. Only people from those places can rightly distinguish them as good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back