• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

picket signs for my wicked crimes.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrossWinter

Re: Have you ever been driscriminated?

Well said Shuri. Well said.

I've been classified into the cliques. People call me emo just cause I like dark colors, people call me a geek just because I have a 4.0. They bark at me, I bite back. I think I have something that can sum up my thoughts. I wrote this a while back.

They say that segregation ended with Martin Luther King Jr. That it ended with a man greater than us all, who was struck down for merely standing up for those who couldn't find the strength to do so. For fighting to prove that it is the quality of our person, and not the color of our skin, that decides our character. He died fighting for, and defending that belief.

Yet I'm beginning to think that it was almost all for naught.

We classify people based on so many things, and based on previous actions of people who we thought of the same way, we assume their character without even really knowing them. It is in this that 'cliques' are born. The punks, the gangsters, the outcasts, the nerds, the rejects, the jocks, the mean girls, the skanks, the emos, the goths, the skaters, and all that stuff. Each classifies the other as something without even really knowing their character.

And just how do we decide this? Adults say that teenagers are non observant, and we are inclined to agree at some points, but we are observant about this. We classify people based on their clothing, language, behavior, brains and participation, athletic ability, and the music that they listen to. We all are guilty of this.

We assume that one single action decides what kind of person another is. The truth is plain and simple. One action does not define a man. It is the life that they lived before, that should be what we make our opinions on. We weep for the dead not just because they are dead, but because of the life they lived prior to that death. The character of the man.

All humans are born with good and evil in them. It is that good and evil that make a person's character. And no matter how far down they stray from the fine line of balance, a little bit of the the smaller bit is always there. A prime example: Adolf Hitler. He would not use mustard gas unless we used it on them. He would not place his troops under that, as he had gone through it in the WWI. There was that one ray of goodness within him for that to be known. But the rest of the man was a right wreck and filled with dementia.

But back to the labeling of others. We file others based on those who dress like them, and automatically assume that they're just as bad. The real-time gangs, for example. Because of their actions, we think people that sag, wear bandannas, and chains are all violent and think that they'll liable to try a use almost any means necessary to get their way. All thanks to the actions of others. But, did you ever take the time to walk up to a person that you just assume to be one way and strike up a conversation, just to see if they're different?

$5 says you don't.

Segregation is still here. The boundaries of cultural differences and beliefs is all that separates us now.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

Because of your race, ethincity, country origin, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation, lifestyle, weight, age,class, or for simply being left handed( yes sometimes we do get discriminated).

If so do you have an example?

A little bit, but soon enough it'll be nothing new.
Even if the kid was "joking" I'd still call it that. Said people would like me better if I was white.
Then I kind of got people in the stores trying to keep away from me when I'm skimming the isles of a store.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

I'm a teenager. Ageism is probably the one thing that everyone in the world experiences/has experienced.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

In my old elementary school, I was the only asian girl there. Everyone else was like just hispanics and whites. Everyone always called me a chink. Or like "hey chinese girl!" or shit like that. Everyone always tried to wear make up even though it was freaking elementary. My culture just seemed so different then theirs..Even being small part mexican didn't help LOL. Like I couldn't even hang out with anyone since they wouldn't let me or stuff like that. And then everyone had like wavy or curly hair.. Lol, I wanted to curl my hair once, stupid. But then my parents wouldn't let me. Lol now I see why.. In middle school though, we moved to this other area of SD, and there where more asians and all that. The maijority there was like, 1/3 Asian, 1/3 White, and the other 1/3 was like hispanics, blacks, ect. I was sorta waay happier there, lol. I felt more proud to be asian, instead of always trying to hide my eyes and being some loner or w/e.. It might sound sorta bad, but it felt more, like familyish with at least asians at that school. I still got along with all the other races and everything, I wasn't like those people who where always like "only asians clique, only mexicans clique, ect." It just felt like I could be proud of who I was instead of always trying to hide.. Lol.. one small sorta bad thing was that everyone always assumed I was chinese. Well, that was the maijority of asians there. Im Jap/Thai/Mex. Well, other friends where also Jap, Thai, or Mex, but not like all mixed together, sorta odd. lol. Most asians there are chinese..2nd's gotta be Viet. :d

Gah, now im rambling.. well, got discriminated for being asian.

Oh, and some pinoys also dicriminated once at this other elementary, though not as much as the other one. They always said I was so pale. I mean cmon, that's a freaking normal color just like all the other colors "/ w/e.. They're cool and all xD I was more able to make friends with them though at that elementary.. The maijority of ppl there where nice, some where like super pinays though, always talking in tagalog. it was funny... >~<

then hs next year..

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com

There have been several times where a person would walk past and say, "Speak English, this is America." while either my parents or myself would be talking in Spanish to ourselves.

I've gotten pissed, sure. But, the sweet part is when I (or one of my parents) turn around and speak in fluent English to them quite politely. They get those most 'omfg' face ever seen. :D tbh, I kind of wait for those moments now to get a kick out of them.

I'm a nonathletic, geeky white kid. Yeah I face discrimination. But not a lot of discrimination.

And people assume that I'm emo. Because a lot of the music I listen to (and openly endorse) is considered emo.

Aria

braver by the minute

The only time really was when I first moved to where I live now and I used to live in Kansas and everyone thought I grew up on a farm and had cows and horses and that stuff, when I really just lived in the suburbs. They got a kick out of my accent too. But other than that not really, my friends get a kick out of dumb blonde jokes whenever I do something stupid though.

canito_q

Yes.

There have been several times where a person would walk past and say, "Speak English, this is America." while either my parents or myself would be talking in Spanish to ourselves.

I've gotten pissed, sure. But, the sweet part is when I (or one of my parents) turn around and speak in fluent English to them quite politely. They get those most 'omfg' face ever seen. :D tbh, I kind of wait for those moments now to get a kick out of them.

Where are you from?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

Theme parks hate fat people.

not when there's hot dogs and cotton candy,
it's the tall people theme parks really hate.

I can't really justify myself being a black person,
because i have no idea what makes a black person
in this world, other than the color of his/her skin. I
faced discrimination a lot, by the way acted, by the
color of my skin, by the clothes i wear, the music I
listen to, the games i play....etc. People in this world
are always going to be judgmental whether it bothers
you or not, but you can't leave out the fact that
people are not perfect and that the majority of
judgment is imperfect.

In the end we're all just humans, with different
actions, opinions, decisions, and so forth.

^ True, but America is the most pompous and self-absorbed from what I can tell. Plus, it's where I live, so naturally I can't say what it's like to grow up in the UK or Japan. Only people from those places can rightly distinguish them as good or bad.

Countries share distinct differences, but if every country
was held with the same aspects of America, would they
be just as pompous as the America you're explaining to us?
I've traveled the world, and i know enough of families who come
to America, only to be just as scum as you proclaim this country
to be. People in general can be pompous and self absorbed.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;4218457 said:
it's the tall people theme parks really hate.

Tell me about it...

Shade737

Silver Member

There is still people that think blacks are not humans and all.
There will always be idiots who think this. The best aim is to keep them in a small minority.

A Nice Guy

Of course.

Being called chinese is getting annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back