• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

picket signs for my wicked crimes.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Have you ever been driscriminated?

i was called fag/woman/scene kid/retard when i had shoulder length hair.

legendary_Dosa7

Although outright discrimination does bother me, I think the kinds of prejudices I find the most dangerous and offensive are the ingrained kinds people aren't even completely aware they have. Like, on the matter of race and ethnicity, being Native "American" in America, it's a constant struggle to keep your identity as a normal human being intact. It's disturbing because people still watch movies like Peter Pan and consider the blatant stereotypes portrayed in them to be OK. But then there's the whole hypocritical political correctness that I have to deal with: like, if the "Natives" in Peter Pan were black, people would be up-in-arms. The entire movie would have to be remade to omit that scene. But since it's just the Indians, who cares?

Shuri/Eli
Yea I find that annoying, like its not okay to be racist to blacks ( Im not saying racism is ever ok), yet its ok to be racist towards other ethnic groups. Natives gone through alot worse than blacks,yet there still treated like crap.

C

Crossroads

Yea I find that annoying, like its not okay to be racist to blacks ( Im not saying racism is ever ok), yet its ok to be racist towards other ethnic groups. Natives gone through alot worse than blacks,yet there still treated like crap.

Yeah you guys got messed up worse than anyone.

At least Africans still have their country.

Shade737

Silver Member

Racism/discrimination is wrong to any race. Stop identifying one race over the other.

Last edited:

legendary_Dosa7

Racism is wrong to any race. Stop identifying one race over the other.
I'm just saying that people only focus on blacks but forget other groups.Like for intance everybody knows when is African american month,February. But don't know Hispanic month which is on september or Asian month on May, NAtive American month on November. Hardly anybody know these.

C

Crossroads

I'm just saying that people only focus on blacks but forget other groups.Like for intance everybody knows when is African american month,February. But don't know Hispanic month which is on september or Asian month on May, NAtive American month on November. Hardly anybody know these.

Ha
I forget about Black History month every year.

Shade737

Silver Member

Your saying the same thing that I'm saying.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Although outright discrimination does bother me, I think the kinds of prejudices I find the most dangerous and offensive are the ingrained kinds people aren't even completely aware they have. Like, on the matter of race and ethnicity, being Native "American" in America, it's a constant struggle to keep your identity as a normal human being intact. It's disturbing because people still watch movies like Peter Pan and consider the blatant stereotypes portrayed in them to be OK. But then there's the whole hypocritical political correctness that I have to deal with: like, if the "Natives" in Peter Pan were black, people would be up-in-arms. The entire movie would have to be remade to omit that scene. But since it's just the Indians, who cares? Then there's just the annoying historical inaccuracies of films like Pocahontas. Every time I see a clip of that movie on TV or wherever I can't help but think, "3/5 human being." But very few people seem to recognize just how disparaging idiotic cartoons like that are for Native people. They'd rather downplay them as silly shows that aren't meant to be accurate, just entertaining. Sure. Kind of like minstrel dances. And the whole perception of indigenous peoples adopted through the stories portrayed in movies like that are consequently flawed by default. And then I have to deal with ignorant bigots who think that because I'm an indigenous person I must smoke tobacco and hum gibberish around a drum by firelight.

The movie was made in the 1950s. Sure, it was racist. But, I mean, it's Peter Pan.

And, as far as Pocahontas goes, yeah, it's historically inaccurate. But, it's more based on the story of Pocahontas, not exactly the facts of Pocahontas. And the film isn't racist in the slightest. It did a marvelous job portraying situations from the point of view of many different people. It wasn't meant to be a documentary.

zachen

Awards

Let me see being an obese person i get loads of crap.
An example of this would be how this year I was sexually harrased by one of the most cruel pathetic excuses for life that i will ever meet *coughs*CHELSEAFISCHER*cough* well what happened was we were in Lit class and well i always wear baggy pants so i was sitting on a chair and the rest of my group was on the ground (this group included chelsea and her little gay croonies0 well she looked up and notive a lump near my pelvic area is sticking up so later on that day everyone in my7th hour class is talking about me and when i finally find out what they are talking about its a little cruel rumor that chelsea fischer started about how i masturbated in class and had a boner so for the last month af school i was sexually harrased and when she finnaly got in trouble it was the last day of school.....

C

Crossroads

Obesity is actually a health problem...

So lose some weight.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Let me see being an obese person i get loads of crap.
An example of this would be how this year I was sexually harrased by one of the most cruel pathetic excuses for life that i will ever meet *coughs*CHELSEAFISCHER*cough* well what happened was we were in Lit class and well i always wear baggy pants so i was sitting on a chair and the rest of my group was on the ground (this group included chelsea and her little gay croonies0 well she looked up and notive a lump near my pelvic area is sticking up so later on that day everyone in my7th hour class is talking about me and when i finally find out what they are talking about its a little cruel rumor that chelsea fischer started about how i masturbated in class and had a boner so for the last month af school i was sexually harrased and when she finnaly got in trouble it was the last day of school.....

Girl sounds like a bitch.

zachen

Awards

Girl sounds like a bitch.

you are correct and another reason she didn't get in trouble was because she's buddy buddy with pretty much every teacher

C

Crossroads

you are correct and another reason she didn't get in trouble was because she's buddy buddy with pretty much every teacher

Ha, yeah you'll encounter that a lot. Especially if she's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back