• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PoH = BWHoPL?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are the PoHs and BWHoPL the same?

• They're the same.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • They're different, thus the different names.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Some people might be both, but not all of them.

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Po[s]o[/s]H?

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Because I grew weary of Days threads for the next five minutes and wanted to open up an old topic for debate again.

For those unfamiliar with the terms:

Princess Of Heart.
Beings With Hearts of Pure Light.

So.
Are they the same people?
Are they different?
Will we see a male BWHoPL?

Both seem to be needed to reach Kingdom Hearts in a way.
Terra sensed the Light in Snow White's Heart, and is seen conspiring with Maleficent over Aurora. Throw Cinderella into the mix and we have a seemingly logical conclusion that the 7 we know from KH1 are the same we're dealing with in BBS.
But why change the name then?
What about Alice's age, making her unborn Lawl in BBS?
And what about the painful possibility this is as big a red Herring as Xion's Kairi appearance is, and they simply placed the plot in the PoH's worlds to throw us off the scent?!

Not much to go on here, I know, but still.
Vote and discuss.

Last edited:

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Yes, PoH = BWHoPL.

I really have no clue why people are taking the name change so literally--we all know who these 'Beings with hearts of Pure Light' are. Who else could it be but the PoHs, who have hearts of pure light. C'mon now.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
People we don't know about.
XH was called "Ansem". Does it mean he's Ansem? Nnnooooope.
A rose by any other name wouldn't be a rose anymore.
Until we know why they changed the name and that reason doesn't mean without a doubt that we're talking about the same people, I wouldn't be so sure it's the same thing.
Am I saying they're all different people? Probably not. Am I basing this too much on Alice? Probably. But it is of reasonable doubt, imo.

Altimo

Because I grew weary of Days threads for the next five minutes and wanted to open up an old topic for debate again.

For those unfamiliar with the terms:

Princess Of Light.
Beings With Hearts of Pure Light.

Might want to change that to Princess Of Heart, though I'm sure everyone knows what you mean. ;P

That being said, it did bother me how two of the PoH (at least) are in BBS. I mean, 10 years and they almost don't age. Maybe it'll be explained that Maleficent captured both of them during the events of BBS and they were effectively cyrogenically frozen.

But yeah, Alice would be unborn. She is... under 10, right? Yes? Assuming that there's some kind of law that there are always seven alive at any one time, maybe there will be some different, plot-related, new PoH. But maybe no law like that exists. It just sounds nice, with there being seven of them. Seven is a fun number.

A

Azrael

I have the feeling they're the same shit, except BWHoPL can be guys too.

Like Ven, I have a feeling he is one of pure light.

Would explain a lot of things involving Roxas.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have the feeling they're the same shit, except BWHoPL can be guys too.

Like Ven, I have a feeling he is one of pure light.

Would explain a lot of things involving Roxas.

I don't doubt they're effectively the same type of being. I should rephrase that now, I see, but I meant more along the lines of "Are they physically the same people?"
Does it mean that we HAVE to have the 7 PoHs we have now as the BWHoPL?
Which, by your post, you think - no. :)

Awards
I dislike whoever coined the phrase "Beings with Hearts of Pure Light."

All I see here is an introduction to the Princesses of Heart, the story behind where the legend comes from. It seems clear to me that "BwHoPL" is just something that was said off hand without directly referencing the term PoH. And I think people are looking far too much into it.

We know there are seven "BwHoPL" from what Maleficent said. I would think that'd be enough for people to infer what they're talking about to be PoH, but, alas.

You're crazy if you don't think it's referring to the "beings" that the Princesses are. I can see if you're, say, doubting if it will be the original 7 from KH1, but even that I think is looking too far into things.

So... we know 6 of the 7 princesses would be alive during BbS. What about Alice, then?

Well, what about Alice? With no plot left in Wonderland to use for BbS, I doubt she would be relevant back then even if she was alive.

I'm not saying that they're just going to ignore the existence of Alice to get around a plot hole. I don't think there's any plot hole to begin with.

People assume that all 7 PoH MUST exist at the same time, but that's as ridiculous as suggesting that all 7 are the exact age. And we know a detail like that would be irrelevant. There's nothing in the legend that says all 7 PoH have to be around at a specific time, nor does it say anything about some other Princess or "BwHoPL" having to take the place of an absent PoH.

Again, I think people are just looking too much into it. I can guarantee you the "issue" here will not be brought up in BbS.

Awards
I know it's not confirmed that these beings from BbS are all the same PoHs from KH1, I know that, trust me.

It's just that I see this as something blatantly obvious that people are looking at too hard.

: /

Niburu

I think there are many BWHoPLs like Ven.
But I think PoHs is referring to ONLY the 7 princess with the "purest of hearts". Maybe their hearts are pure-er? I mean obviously BWHoPL's hearts are pure but maybe PoHs have the purest. I'm not sure though, I'm no expert in these matters.

wait... Being with hearts of pure light ... <_< does that mean that since the princesses are representing hearts in general does that mean they might have a little darkness? I know that's probably wrong but why didn't they name them Princesses With Hearts of Pure Light or something along those lines.

That sounds dumb but I'm just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I think that the Beings with Hearts of Pure Light are different from the Princesses of Hearts to a degree. The name is vague enough fo it to be male or famale. Also it the the option open for Ven to be a Being with a Heart of Pure Light.

Awards
I think there are many BWHoPLs like Ven.
But I think PoHs is referring to ONLY the 7 princess with the "purest of hearts". Maybe their hearts are pure-er? I mean obviously BWHoPL's hearts are pure but maybe PoHs have the purest. I'm not sure though, I'm no expert in these matters.

Maleficent said:
Those who do not have any darkness, seven of pure light―

Seven.

sballien

Isn't sora a Being With a Heart of Pure Light? I might be wrong but, isn't he. Because if so, then he'd be the male BWHoPL.But some are the same some are different, at least, thats my stand-point.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Sora is not a BoPL, otherwise he wouldn't have Roxas or have turned into a heartless.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora is not a BoPL, otherwise he wouldn't have Roxas or have turned into a heartless.

Actually, you have to wonder what would happen had Kairi herself used the Heart Unlocker on herself. Her Heart left Sora's Body because Sora's Body was cast off. Why was it cast off? Because he let the Darkness in. That's what the Keyblade was described to do, so in a sense, we can't say for certain that Kairi would've gotten the same result had she used it on her own Body, and thus - on her own Heart. Maleficent, after all, didn't turn into a Heartless - despite the Keyblade being used on her. So no, I don't think we can surmise what that Keyblade truly does to everyone, let alone the infamous exceptions to the rule being the PoHs.
It's not like Sora gave in to his Darkness; he used a cheat sheet.

A

Audo

Well, I am of the group that believes they could be different, though - I only believe it is different from one person.

If Alice weren't actually alive in the times of BBS then that does create a problem. They stress that you need all seven. Meaning there would always have to be seven at one time. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if, due to them having not been referred to as the PoH yet, one of them was a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back