• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Prairie View A&M University

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
After I've already sent in my housing money to Texas State, talked with Texas State coaches to discuss me having a walk-on tryout for track, and already agreed to room with my best friend of the past 4 years, my father is trying to get me to go to Prairie View A&M because they're willing to offer me a full ride based on my SAT scores alone. But of course they would, as you only have to score an 800 to even be accepted there. =/

What do I do? I've heard about how ghetto most of the students there are, the state of the dorm rooms, and the overall atmosphere of the place leave much to be desired. I'm afraid my heart is already set on Texas State now, and this is throwing off the plans I've already set in motion to do in college. And I just don't think I'd even last a full year at Prairie View, scholarship or not. Which decision do I make? Do any of you maybe know anything about the school itself that could help me? =/

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
After I've already sent in my housing money to Texas State, talked with Texas State coaches to discuss me having a walk-on tryout for track, and already agreed to room with my best friend of the past 4 years, my father is trying to get me to go to Prairie View A&M because they're willing to offer me a full ride based on my SAT scores alone. But of course they would, as you only have to score an 800 to even be accepted there. =/

What do I do? I've heard about how ghetto most of the students there are, the state of the dorm rooms, and the overall atmosphere of the place leave much to be desired. I'm afraid my heart is already set on Texas State now, and this is throwing off the plans I've already set in motion to do in college. And I just don't think I'd even last a full year at Prairie View, scholarship or not. Which decision do I make? Do any of you maybe know anything about the school itself that could help me? =/

Honestly....i made the same decision exact same decision last year.....I really wanted to go to a school where i knew i would do really well and be somebody. However another college offered me a full ride based on my ACT score alone basically. Thinking about my parents i decided to go to the school that game me a full ride instead of going to the school of my choice....and i had plenty to choose from. Well to make a long story short i have hated the experience at the school i am at now because of the things you mentioned above. DO NOT THROW YOUR CHANCE AWAY TO GO TO A SCHOOL JUST BECAUSE IT OFFERS YOU MONEY!. Go to Texas State man.......you will most likely do better there becasue it is somewhere u chose to go.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It may be a full-ride, but don't cheap out on the plans you already made. TSU is a fine school. Prairie View is mostly for kids who couldn't get accepted to Texas A&M and want a second shot so they can be matriculated in. If that's something you're interested in, you could do that, I suppose.

But it looks like you're all set and ready for TSU and you've got everything worked out.

Go for what you think will be best for your future; don't think about the money or what your parents think.

Believe it or not my parents didn't want me to go to schools like MIT for various reasons, including money and how far away they were. Even though I wasn't accepted, I would have gone in a heartbeat regardless of what they say because it was for a future that would pay off later, even if I had to get into some debt for it.

I say stick with your plan.

btw http://www.studentsreview.com/TX/PVAU.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back