• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Probably the generic break up problem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
This isnt a new problem. I have tried my ways and I feel no better so I am getting pretty short on hope.

Last November, I think it was Nov 24, my girlfriend dumped me.
We have been seeing each other for over a year, officially it wouldve been a year on dec 18. We had been together and an unofficial couple for around 16 months.

At the time we were together, I loved her a lot. She was being distant towards the end but she kept telling me that it was because of exam study, which she had been doing a lot of according to her sister. I hoped that was the reason because I was eager to get back to being with her after around a month of not seeing her outside of school. I dont think I was being too clingy or anything. If she had a problem, she would tell me.

On the last day of exams, nov 23, I was so happy that exams were finished, not because I hate exams, but because I wouldnt have to miss her so much. The next day I went to her house to see her and we went for a walk to the river, our common romantic place to sit and be together, but while we were there she never looked at me and seemed as lifeless to me as she was when we had no contact during exams. I got very worried and she picked up on it, I could see she did. Fearing the worst, like I seem to do in the heat of the moment, I hug her very tight and tell her something like "I know what you are about to do but can you give me this one day with you before you end it all?". In retrospect, I probably shouldnt have said that because in response to me bringing up the subject, she dumped me immediately.
While I was trying to stop panicking, she said all the expected things, like "I still want to be friends","I love you, just not in the way you want me to" etc.

When I was about to go home I explained to her what I was fearing for the relationship, that we would get further and further apart and she would completely leave me. She assured me that wouldnt happen and I was sceptical.

Now, as a result, I spend my spare time at home watching tv and doing anti social things like that, not because I want to but because I dont have her to do things with. When I was single I was very outgoing, I had heaps of friends who I was with all the time, but I gave this all up and now that she is gone I dont have any of it. I still love her. She has been terribly cold to me and ended up doing everything I predicted.

The main problem now is that I cant remember who I used to be back then. Who I am now doesnt get me far anymore. I dont know how to talk to other girls because I trained myself to be loyal and to stop flirting with others, my friends learnt to live without me and are still in the habit of excluding me, my ex girlfriend has cut off all contact with me and ignores me at school.

I have tried to toughen up. It worked for a while. I was ignoring all my emotions, which amazingly worked, but then I still had no one to talk to and it made everything bland and dull, not painful but ultimately equally unpleasant.

I dont want to have to talk about it here. It is nothing against you all, I just want to be able to do it by myself, but I am out of ideas. Everything I have tried is ineffective.

Any ideas?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Have you tried getting a hobby? It can keep your mind off things whilst meeting new people. Worked for me anyway.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Give it six months to a year and you'll be laughing at yourself.

In other words, occupy yourself. Go to the library and read a book. Find a nice field and lie down in it. Find someone to go camping with. You have it a lot better than some people, considering your ex looks like she's cut off from you completely. Some peoples' exes play mind games with them.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Have you tried getting a hobby? It can keep your mind off things whilst meeting new people. Worked for me anyway.

I have got hobbies but it my mind always goes to it.

get friends

I have friends. They just learnt to live without me outside of school.

I know I am young. I know it is probably very trivial, it is to me anyway. I want it to be over with. I am really trying to make this seem as unimportant as I can but it still doesnt make me feel any better.
I used to think everyone I knew of who had this problem were just over reacting but I am trying my hardest to ignore her but I cant.

You have it a lot better than some people, considering your ex looks like she's cut off from you completely. Some peoples' exes play mind games with them.

She was really really nice and was always great to me. I only got to know her because she liked me and started talking to me. I think i should have gotten to get to know her before she had a altered attitude towards me. Maybe then I would have seen how she would act when she lost those feelings. It is my own fault.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Get a hobby, hang out with friends, or maybe a puppy (dogs are wonderful companions). I know it's difficult to pull yourself out of something like that, but that's what you have to do (and if the people around you are worth anything, they won't mind lending you a helping hand). Also, the age thing comes into play. You will get over it eventually. It's an inevitable thing for us teenagers.

tell her something like "I know what you are about to do but can you give me this one day with you before you end it all?".

Not to beat a dead horse; but yeah, not under the list of "good moves".

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Get a hobby, hang out with friends, or maybe a puppy (dogs are wonderful companions).
I started playing with lego for a while. It was good fun. After I had made my AT-AT walker (A friggin sweet one), I couldnt bring myself to destroy it and make something else.

I know it's difficult to pull yourself out of something like that, but that's what you have to do (and if the people around you are worth anything, they won't mind lending you a helping hand).

I have like one friend I can talk about this with, the others arnt serious enough to be of any emotional support, even though they have been through similar things.

Also, the age thing comes into play. You will get over it eventually. It's an inevitable thing for us teenagers.
I thought it wasnt a big deal before it happened to me. I was convinced it only happened because people were intentionally making their lives seem more dramatic but I honestly wish it was all done away with. I learnt my lesson the hard way.

Not to beat a dead horse; but yeah, not under the list of "good moves".

If I had said that to her while she was as kind as I assumed she always was, she wouldve done it for me. That was the first time I really saw her change.

S

Shadow Soldier

Your first mistake was excluding and cutting everybody off for her.

That's probably the worst thing you could've done, because you based your life around one person.

Secondly, rent video games. Download new music (I recommend Motion City Soundtrack [all four albums].) It helped with my breakup (but now we're back together), but their words get to you, and pick you up.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being alone and anti-social. Pretty much everybody is like that.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Your first mistake was excluding and cutting everybody off for her.
Yeah, that was my fault.

That's probably the worst thing you could've done, because you based your life around one person.

I havnt done that with other girls so I mustve really felt a need to. I deffinately dont feel it now.
I didnt even notice, till now, that I changed my life for her.

Secondly, rent video games. Download new music (I recommend Motion City Soundtrack [all four albums].) It helped with my breakup (but now we're back together), but their words get to you, and pick you up.
Screamo and Death metal has the same effect for me. Most of their stuff, that I listen to, is about girls.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
To me, you still seem so young to be worrying about a small break up like this. It's her fault for breaking with you hun. Just go get a hobby to keep your mind. Play some video games that aren't mushy and imagine her as the monsters. Go to the mall and play DDR and get pwned. Do something that's funny and have fun!

Please understand, it's not the end of the world, go out and have some FUN with those friends of yours!

krexia

Translator
Awards
Okay, so you made the mistake of cutting your friends out of your life. Is it really too late to fix that mistake? To go back and start rebuilding bridges?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
美咲 四季;4839388 said:
To me, you still seem so young to be worrying about a small break up like this. It's her fault for breaking with you hun. Just go get a hobby to keep your mind. Play some video games that aren't mushy and imagine her as the monsters. Go to the mall and play DDR and get pwned. Do something that's funny and have fun!

Please understand, it's not the end of the world, go out and have some FUN with those friends of yours!

He's one year younger than you, patronising him won't help :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back