• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

reason behind the hype for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I just hope it doesn't become the new 'worst game of the series' after it's released. But seriously, are people afraid that the story is gonna suck? The dialogue will be bad? The gameplay will be boring? No replay value? Too long? Too short? I don't think any of those things are going to be evident in KH3. And if they are, I'll just ignore them and focus on the good parts. I have a feeling that most of the criticism KH3 will get will be just nitpicky. Just a feeling.
Then again, it could be horrible in every aspect.
Still, I wonder if it'll ever live up to the 'mighty' KH1 in the fan's eyes. Probably not.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I just hope it doesn't become the new 'worst game of the series' after it's released. But seriously, are people afraid that the story is gonna suck? The dialogue will be bad? The gameplay will be boring? No replay value? Too long? Too short? I don't think any of those things are going to be evident in KH3. And if they are, I'll just ignore them and focus on the good parts. I have a feeling that most of the criticism KH3 will get will be just nitpicky. Just a feeling.

Even if it's the best game in the series, critics are still gonna bitch about it's long release date. I don't care about when it releases, as long as they don't fuck it up like Final Fantasy XIII.

D.D.D

Even if it's the best game in the series, critics are still gonna bitch about it's long release date. I don't care about when it releases, as long as they don't fuck it up like Final Fantasy XIII.
See, that's the thing. People cry and whine about the long wait, but they don't seem to understand that good things take time. This is how I view the series: all these apparent 'side games' are just practice for the biggie, KH3. I mean, do you think all the experience the KH teams and Nomura have gotten from making all these games will go to waste? No, it'll be used to make KH3 to the best of their ability. In the mean time, we get appetizers to gnaw on while waiting for the 'main course'. ;)
And I didn't play FF13. But I heard it wasn't the best.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
See, that's the thing. People cry and whine about the long wait, but they don't seem to understand that good things take time. This is how I view the series: all these apparent 'side games' are just practice for the biggie, KH3. I mean, do you think all the experience the KH teams and Nomura have gotten from making all these games will go to waste? No, it'll be used to make KH3 to the best of their ability. In the mean time, we get appetizers to gnaw on while waiting for the 'main course'. ;)
And I didn't play FF13. But I heard it wasn't the best.

I agree completely. Because they rushed XIII, it sucked. They should realize that and shut up.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
First on the main point of this topic, as many have stated, I started with the secret ending of KH2FM. Many people really didn't know how to take it back then. Nobody knew if Terra was Sora, or Aqua was Kairi, or Ventus was Roxas and everyone went crazy thinking how cool the game could have been. If it didn't hurt enough that no info came around, SE added insult to injury by announcing that not only was that trailer not an officially numbered game, but that they were releasing not one, not two, but THREE new games, none of which were titled "Kingdom Hearts 3." I often go on the Kingdom Hearts Facebook page (despite the fact that there is no admin there and it has gone crazy...though I enjoy partaking in the trolling...it is quite fun) and what I largely read are people are mad that SE keeps making handhelds. It seems that really is the reason people are mad. They think that SE is intentionally hyping them for KH3, which isn't coming out for a long long time.

Even if it's the best game in the series, critics are still gonna bitch about it's long release date. I don't care about when it releases, as long as they don't CENSORED it up like Final Fantasy XIII.

Final Fantasy XIII was not a mess up. So what if SE tried something new for the FF series, some things worked, some things didn't. At least they are fixing it with FFXIII-2. The way I see it, FFXIII is like KH2 to the KH community. To the hardcore fans who analyze everything, the game is really bad for numerous reasons (mostly because we compare the game to its predecessors). However, if you just play the game like a casual fan, not really delving into every aspect, the game is quite good, despite its many flaws.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
First on the main point of this topic, as many have stated, I started with the secret ending of KH2FM. Many people really didn't know how to take it back then. Nobody knew if Terra was Sora, or Aqua was Kairi, or Ventus was Roxas and everyone went crazy thinking how cool the game could have been. If it didn't hurt enough that no info came around, SE added insult to injury by announcing that not only was that trailer not an officially numbered game, but that they were releasing not one, not two, but THREE new games, none of which were titled "Kingdom Hearts 3." I often go on the Kingdom Hearts Facebook page (despite the fact that there is no admin there and it has gone crazy...though I enjoy partaking in the trolling...it is quite fun) and what I largely read are people are mad that SE keeps making handhelds. It seems that really is the reason people are mad. They think that SE is intentionally hyping them for KH3, which isn't coming out for a long long time.

Final Fantasy XIII was not a mess up. So what if SE tried something new for the FF series, some things worked, some things didn't. At least they are fixing it with FFXIII-2. The way I see it, FFXIII is like KH2 to the KH community. To the hardcore fans who analyze everything, the game is really bad for numerous reasons (mostly because we compare the game to its predecessors). However, if you just play the game like a casual fan, not really delving into every aspect, the game is quite good, despite its many flaws.

I guess you're right. But for Kingdom Hearts II, I was that hardcore fan. And I loved every minute of II. People are critics, they also need to leard the beauty of Days. And before you say it, I don't hate COM, I just wasn't too big of a fan of the gameplay. And RE:COM's difficulty spike wasn't very enjoyable for me, either.

D.D.D

If it didn't hurt enough that no info came around, SE added insult to injury by announcing that not only was that trailer not an officially numbered game, but that they were releasing not one, not two, but THREE new games, none of which were titled "Kingdom Hearts 3."
I wasn't hurt at all when they announced BBS, coded, and Days. In fact, I shat my pants every single time a new piece of info was released about each. Besides, I enjoyed BBS and Days thoroughly(I didn't play re:coded), despite their obvious flaws.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I wasn't hurt at all when they announced BBS, coded, and Days. In fact, I shat my pants every single time a new piece of info was released about each. Besides, I enjoyed BBS and Days thoroughly(I didn't play re:coded), despite their obvious flaws.

Again, I significantly agree with you. I thought that the only flaws in Birth by Sleep were the lack of a complete main story, relying too much on the Disney aspect, and the MF's unforgiving difficulty, while Days just lacked a better multiplayer.

D.D.D

Again, I significantly agree with you. I thought that the only flaws in Birth by Sleep were the lack of a complete main story, relying too much on the Disney aspect, and the MF's unforgiving difficulty, while Days just lacked a better multiplayer.
The flaws I saw in BBS were the emptiness of the worlds, a little bit of bad voice acting here and there, and, I agree, the MF battle. I mean, you fight him as Terra and you're guaranteed to get raped. Unless you have an insane amount of luck on your side.
Days was flawed with the repetitiveness of the missions, and the multiplayer was a little funky. I would usually mention Xion, too, but that;s just my opinion.
To the thread opener, I think what really started this KH3 demand was just, excuse me if I offend anyone, but I think it has to do with society, in a weird sorta way. Nowadays, if people want it now, they GET IT NOW. Who cares about the other fans who might enjoy more than just the numbered titles, or that the release of side games would put Nomura and his teams more at ease while trying to finish Versus, or that good things take time? NO, ME WANTS WHAT I WANT AND I SHOULD GETS WHAT I WANT, NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. I feel for you guys that just want the Xehy saga's end to arrive, but no one's making you stay and wait. If the waiting is THAT painful, then it should be easy just to pack up and leave, correct?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The flaws I saw in BBS were the emptiness of the worlds, a little bit of bad voice acting here and there, and, I agree, the MF battle. I mean, you fight him as Terra and you're guaranteed to get raped. Unless you have an insane amount of luck on your side.
Days was flawed with the repetitiveness of the missions, and the multiplayer was a little funky. I would usually mention Xion, too, but that;s just my opinion.
To the thread opener, I think what really started this KH3 demand was just, excuse me if I offend anyone, but I think it has to do with society, in a weird sorta way. Nowadays, if people want it now, they GET IT NOW. Who cares about the other fans who might enjoy more than just the numbered titles, or that the release of side games would put Nomura and his teams more at ease while trying to finish Versus, or that good things take time? NO, ME WANTS WHAT I WANT AND I SHOULD GETS WHAT I WANT, NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. I feel for you guys that just want the Xehy saga's end to arrive, but no one's making you stay and wait. If the waiting is THAT painful, then it should be easy just to pack up and leave, correct?

But like you said, they lack patience. I'm just glad Nomura doesn't say "BONK YOU ASSHOLES, I QUIT!"

D.D.D

But like you said, they lack patience. I'm just glad Nomura doesn't say "BONK YOU ASSHOLES, I QUIT!"
I wholeheartedly agree. Nomura puts all his energy into his games, taking away from his own personal and family time. How much more can you ask of him? In fact, I'm kinda sad that Nomura forced himself to release a game EVERY year; I hope after he's done with KH(if that ever happens), that he takes a break. He deserves it. I appreciate what he's done for us. Without KH, I wouldn't be the person I am today, however sappy that sounds, lol.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
the kingdom hearts 2 ending started the hype imo fan seen the letter from mickey and they knew that the series wasnt over. than the birth by sleep trailer basically just dumped gasoline in the fire. and every thing just sorta blossomed from there.

something tells me nomura's kh team already started on the kh3 project they are either just denying it or not saying anything.... after KH:3D releases some time next year there will probably be a ultima mag were he says that kh3 is about 45% done...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
the kingdom hearts 2 ending started the hype imo fan seen the letter from mickey and they knew that the series wasnt over. than the birth by sleep trailer basically just dumped gasoline in the fire. and every thing just sorta blossomed from there.

something tells me nomura's kh team already started on the kh3 project they are either just denying it or not saying anything.... after KH:3D releases some time next year there will probably be a ultima mag were he says that kh3 is about 45% done...

You uh, know there's no way that's true right? Not only are they making 3D, but Nomura's priority is Versus and that isn't nearly done. The most that could be prepared for KH3 is a basic storyline and I severely doubt there's even that.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
You uh, know there's no way that's true right? Not only are they making 3D, but Nomura's priority is Versus and that isn't nearly done. The most that could be prepared for KH3 is a basic storyline and I severely doubt there's even that.

its not unusual to develop multiple games at once though most of your attention is on a separate project(s). lets not forget that kh2 was released 6+ years ago and tho they worked on on other projects during this time ( kh:re COM, KH:358/2days, Birth by sleep, kh:coded/re:coded, Plus other square games) doesn't necessarily mean kh3 development was completely halted.... "just sayin"

But back to the topic it sorta seems that the hype has died down just a little for kh3 but with TGS, and KH:3D coming next years i'm sure it will pick up.

billyzanesucks

KHIII won't be made until Versus is done. There's also the mystery game to think about and announcing KHIII any time soon would just take attention away from it completely.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
KH2 came out 2005/2006 and since then we have had KH2:FM, Re:COM, Days, BBS, BBS:FM, Coded, Re:Coded, we will have DDD and there's a possibility of BBSv2. That's technically 8 or 9 games since KH2. We're not even including Nomura's work on Versus or any other projects he's been involved in (art work, etc). o_O

How can you expect all of that, and then for them to have been secretly working on KH3? I would suspect that Nomura will have the story-line done in a year... but thinking there will be more than that is beyond wishful. Not that it wouldn't be nice.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Just to clarify, didn't Nomura say that there would be a game to tie coded, Day, and BbS together? Isn't that said game 3D? If so, what is this other mystery game you speak of? I haven't been following up on KH in the past few months.

Bobjam

Awards
Just to clarify, didn't Nomura say that there would be a game to tie coded, Day, and BbS together? Isn't that said game 3D? If so, what is this other mystery game you speak of? I haven't been following up on KH in the past few months.

It is the highly speculative 'BBS v2' me thinks...but nothings confirmed as of yet.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
what hype is there? the game is only in coneptual phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back