• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red-Eyed Unknown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
]
The only one thing I don't quite agree with this statement, is that technically in theory, Vanitas should then look exactly like Ven.

But if in the end they say this is what he actually looks like, minus the connection to Sora, then IMO it's to add even more appearances to this game. And from what I've seen, there are quite a lot of different models in this game as is....I'm really liking the capacity that the 3DS holds. I really need to get myself one.
But when Ven wasn't connected to Sora, it was just an empty face (described in the novels having unversed eyes). So in theory it would be that again.

I like the Torment Theory but I also think it might relate to the Red Eyes Boss in BBSFM giving it more of a role in the story besides just being a strong Heartless.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Maybe. He did say "now that my body is about to perish" so, it could just be a floating/walking heart, dressed up in an org. cloak. That makes some good sense.

But what if he does have a body.....what would be the possibility of there being a Replica made to house Vanitas' heart?

There are many different things I could see them doing.

But when Ven wasn't connected to Sora, it was just an empty face (described in the novels having unversed eyes). So in theory it would be that again.

I like the Torment Theory but I also think it might relate to the Red Eyes Boss in BBSFM giving it more of a role in the story besides just being a strong Heartless.

Well then, I stand corrected. I must have missed that part in the novel.

But the novels aren't always 100% canon, until what is said in them is proven as canon within the games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly my point. Ventus destroyed only his body.

That was only in their first final fight at the Keyblade Graveyard.

In their second fight at the Awakening station Vanitas even warned Ven that if he destroys the X-blade he would also destroy his heart (and Vanitas's as well since both hearts intersected built the core of the X-blade).
He said something along the lines of "The X-blade is made of your heart, too. Destroy it and your heart will vanish forever."

Ventus however resisted the full fusion of their hearts and in the end destroyed the X-blade...which in turn damaged his heart in the most horrible way.
Since Vanitas's heart was also part of the X-blade, his heart should have suffered the same fate.

Again, we can take the novels as one possibility, but due to their ambigiuous canon not declare it as fact.
Ven's heart is still connected with Sora's though, and more closely than anyone, so that shouldn't apply to Vanitas anyways. (And we see him with his normal face earlier).

The heartless in BBS FM has yellow eyes, they only appear red when it makes itself invisible.
Also, how would you squeeze that thing into a black coat? 0_o

Radar

Bronze Member
I just thought..the end of the trailer shows Ventus' armor

Terra's armor had a role in the story//

Aqua's armor had a role in the story..

See where I am going with this.. ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I just thought..the end of the trailer shows Ventus' armor

Terra's armor had a role in the story//

Aqua's armor had a role in the story..

See where I am going with this.. ;)

Well, it wasn't exactly the end, as it's around 9.17 to 9.18 (the last scene is the Xehanort parliament sitting at their chairs), but it's clear they're up to something with Ven...since we have him in his armor lying on Sora's awakening station and a darkened nightmare-version of the same armor.

Zul

Awards
We saw Ven's armor with a nightmare symbol on it, I'm assuming this thing is a nightmare clone of YMX and will serve as one of the enemies in TWTNW, think multiple anti-sora's.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Am I the only one hoping that the saga after KH3 will have no more black coats? I'm quite sick of them.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Am I the only one hoping that the saga after KH3 will have no more black coats? I'm quite sick of them.

They were created by Xehanort and Xehanort's Saga ends after KH3, so by that logic they should go....doesn't mean they will.

They serve as a means to hide the identity of a person.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They were created by Xehanort and Xehanort's Saga ends after KH3, so by that logic they should go....doesn't mean they will.

They serve as a means to hide the identity of a person.

They're a staple of the series by now, lol.

Just you wait...next time we'll see Aqua with Ansem the Wise in the RoD she will also have a black coat.
Terra maybe gains one along the way as well, lol.
Only Ventus will get an exception in order to not make him totally identical with Roxas, he gets a white coat. ;P

Love Machine

strut strut strut
That was only in their first final fight at the Keyblade Graveyard.

In their second fight at the Awakening station Vanitas even warned Ven that if he destroys the X-blade he would also destroy his heart (and Vanitas's as well since both hearts intersected built the core of the X-blade).
He said something along the lines of "The X-blade is made of your heart, too. Destroy it and your heart will vanish forever."

Ventus however resisted the full fusion of their hearts and in the end destroyed the X-blade...which in turn damaged his heart in the most horrible way.
Since Vanitas's heart was also part of the X-blade, his heart should have suffered the same fate.

Which means that Vanitas could have found a body to inhabit, whether it has a heart already or not.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I agree with the people saying it is Vanitas, yet YMX is also harbouring Vanitas's Heart I think.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I think the Red-Eyed Unknown is the Mysterious Figure. If the Mysterious Figure is a shapeshifter (which I believe he is) then even that entity needs a true form. I think the Red-Eyed Unknown is the Mysterious Figure's true form.

billyzanesucks

I think it's the Red Eye Hunter, Vanitas, and/or the Guardian. I'm 60% sure it's at least one of those things.

Crystal

Silver Member
At first, i thought it was Sora's anti-form then only reliase it has a red-eyes xD
I think it's something which related to Vanitas and Ven.. Not sure about it.

Draydi

I'm throwing in with the Vanitas theory. Here's what I think happened.

Xigbar/Braig creates all those hooded figures that surround Sora, one of which is YMX. Now, to my understanding, Sora still has Ven's heart. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.) We are not entirely sure that YMX is up to, and a lot of it kind of doesn't make sense. So what I think he did to Sora at the end of the trailer was tried to somehow gain access to/take/ste free Ven's heart. And Ven's heart was with Roxas for a time too. YMX trying to do this is what caused Sora to see all these brief flashbacks consisting of Riku, Kairi, Ven's Nightmare Armor (which I think everyone is still confused about), Xion, Namine, and what I believe to be Vanitus, some people Sora couldn't possibly know without Ven's/Roxas' memories. Why Ansem SOD's Guardian was thrown in at the end is still kind of confusing too.

cloudzack117

i had a funny idea this morning, what if it is aqua in a disguise? I was thinking, the only time in the series we have seen anything with crazy red eyes like that was that weird heartless she fought, which was the first time we had seen a heartless with red eyes. The thing i was thinking of was that when aqua fought it, it appeared with the red eyes when it used the darkness to conceal itself. What if Aqua is using the same technique to disguise herself as she goes after Xehanort,Terra, and Ventus? It seems weird that NOmura would put in a crazy new heartless as a final boss if he wasnt going to use it in the future

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Okay so ive been readying all the things everyone has been saying here. Like others thought immediately i saw the RE Unknown to be similar to either the guardian or the Hunter o the Dark. But Yen Sid has stated in the trailers that heartless are unable to enter the world of sleep. The only reason im thinking of that Ansem is in the game is because he was one of MX many personas and the guardian is an extension of Xehanorts darkness.

So now i see all this talk about Vanitas. Again i can see him as being the RE Unknown I GUESS even though for me its a stretch. Aat the end of BBS Ven's complete heart was once again damaged through the defeat of Vanitas' persona both in the physical and metaphysical world. Its not that Vens heart survived and Vanitas didnt but that Ven was able to fully conquer his darkness however with the X-blades destroyed brought Vens heart to the brink. Then it once again rejoined with Sora to mend itself. Now someone was talking about how all the armors have played a significant role minus Ven's and in the trailer we see a psuedo dreameater Ventus sentiment. We also see the various Xehanorts and other cloaked members holding Sora hostage.

So here is my theory IF the RE Unknown is Vanitas (as Nomura says noone really dies in KH):
-the RE Unknown is the last bit of Ven's darkness still living within Sora
-the Xehanorts are holding Sora to somehow release the "Ventus sentiment" to combine with the cloaked Vanitas
-YenSid has stated that Xehanort might not play to return alone and i doubt he meant having ALL the forms of Xehanort return but rather Xehanort's most trusted inforcer/pawn (i mean comeon how many people did it take to defeat Vanitas!?)

So thats my theorythough im still open to a better one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back