• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Proposition 8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Banned
I think it's a fucking disgrace.

People can debate the ethics of marriage and whether or not it's strictly a union between a man and a woman, but this commercial (and therefore, I would presume, the proposition) is nothing but discriminatory. The implication here is that homosexuality is something bad and evil and should be kept away from children at all costs -- so it's better to teach people at a young age to be ashamed of their preferences than to work towards a society that supports equality and embraces diversity?

You know what I say? Let the little girl marry her princess. Isn't it written into the declaration that we are born with unalienable rights to the pursuit of happiness on our own terms?

Pretty much what I think.

The whole sad fact of the matter is that they're attempting to push an idiotic, religious morality into the government office, by disguising it behind a technicality. It's ridiculous how people have the audacity to attempt this sort of shit, and it's even more INSANE how it isn't put down immediately, not only for violating the separation of church and state but also violating another individual's freedom. But I suppose that's what America was founded on - good old fearmongering.

Last edited:

Disluxia

It makes me sick to see people so homophobic still. What is wrong with the world ? I understand the religious thing but we are a growing world and we need to see that these people need equal rights. It's also really getting me mad that everyone is still saying that it is a choice. Do you not have half a brain?

Celestial Star

Pokemon=<3
I am very insulted by this.
My friend was telling me about this around the election and I have yet to see it until this moment.
I ask, what the hell is wrong with humanity? Oh no, a girl kissed a girl. Shame shame. Kids need to learn this. They need to learn that there are different kinda of love. There isn't only one type of love and by not teaching them, we're creating a temporary ignorant world for children to grow up in. Why not teach them this sort of thing when they're younger? Children are very keen to observing things and absorbing things, so by not telling them, it'll be harder for them to comprehend later in life. Or they'll have the view "gay marriage is wrong" and look at the world in the world the government has created for them.

Also, you don't need a fucking license to tell someone you love them. Yeah, its a nice thing to have, but just like the theory with money, it's just a piece of paper. You could write anything on a piece of paper and it could have a sorts of meanings. Isn't just being with the person you love enough? Isn't saying "I love you" enough No, because the government limits gays from unionizing themselves. So the gays are discriminated against like we saw in the ad. They make it look like being a homosexual s a terrible thing that should be locked away in a cellar. Didn't we learn any shit from V for Vendetta or Hitler for God's sake? Do we want another Hitler revolution? Wait, ha ha. It's already happened, not as extreme as Hitler who wasn't right in the head, but it has happened. We are locking away the truth from children and making them think gays are wrong etc etc.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
It makes me sick to see people so homophobic still.
At this point, we need to stop throwing around this term.

I have a fear of heights, but I tolerate it when I have to fly.
I have a fear of storms, but I tolerate it because there's nothing I can do about it.

There is a very clear differance between homophobia and intolerance.
Homophobia is a psychological problem, that causes someone to be afraid of homosexual people.
Intolerance and bigotry are mindsets. They are the real evil.

shinysilver

Also, you don't need a fucking license to tell someone you love them. Yeah, its a nice thing to have, but just like the theory with money, it's just a piece of paper. You could write anything on a piece of paper and it could have a sorts of meanings. Isn't just being with the person you love enough? Isn't saying "I love you" enough No, because the government limits gays from unionizing themselves. So the gays are discriminated against like we saw in the ad. They make it look like being a homosexual s a terrible thing that should be locked away in a cellar. Didn't we learn any shit from V for Vendetta or Hitler for God's sake? Do we want another Hitler revolution? Wait, ha ha. It's already happened, not as extreme as Hitler who wasn't right in the head, but it has happened. We are locking away the truth from children and making them think gays are wrong etc etc.

Wow, you nailed everything with that. As straight as I may be, Proposition 8 really hit a nerve. I have a very close cousin who revealed to our family just a few years ago that she was a lesbian, and shortly after she began dating another girl. I have never seen her so happy in my entire life, and I nor my entire family would ever want to take that away from her just because she gave her love to another girl. Plus, her girlfriend is an amazing person and a wonderful and welcome addition to our family. Love is love, there is no way around it.

Celestial Star

Pokemon=<3
Wow, you nailed everything with that. As straight as I may be, Proposition 8 really hit a nerve. I have a very close cousin who revealed to our family just a few years ago that she was a lesbian, and shortly after she began dating another girl. I have never seen her so happy in my entire life, and I nor my entire family would ever want to take that away from her just because she gave her love to another girl. Plus, her girlfriend is an amazing person and a wonderful and welcome addition to our family. Love is love, there is no way around it.
Aww, that's sweet. :3

Exactly, the gov't shouldn't tie down people, bonding them and forcing people to hide. They may be homosexuals, but thay are people.

Hell I don't know if I'm straight. Actually no one is 100% straight. At some point you will get attracted to the opposite sex whether it's just a short glance "oh wow she's/he's drop dead sexy" or to the point where you date, so be it. It's healthy in my viewpoint.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
At this point, we need to stop throwing around this term.

I have a fear of heights, but I tolerate it when I have to fly.
I have a fear of storms, but I tolerate it because there's nothing I can do about it.

There is a very clear differance between homophobia and intolerance.
Homophobia is a psychological problem, that causes someone to be afraid of homosexual people.
Intolerance and bigotry are mindsets. They are the real evil.

...i....i love you.

shinysilver

Hell I don't know if I'm straight. Actually no one is 100% straight. At some point you will get attracted to the opposite sex whether it's just a short glance "oh wow she's/he's drop dead sexy" or to the point where you date, so be it. It's healthy in my viewpoint.

I agree. I think that it helps with the soul searching a bit and helps you figure out parts of who you are.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The problem I have with Gay Marriage is that the ceremony of marriage is religious in and of itself. You know, the whole "power vested in me by God" speech given by an ordained pastor. It's basically like asking the religion to do something it's opposed to simply to fulfill your notion "equality". I'm actually surprised that the institution is even recognized (referring to it's religious nature). Though, I suppose it's for legal reasons.

Well, at least no one's used the "population control" argument.

Joy

Bronze Member
The problem I have with Gay Marriage is that the ceremony of marriage is religious in and of itself. You know, the whole "power vested in me by God" speech given by an ordained pastor. It's basically like asking the religion to do something it's opposed to simply to fulfill your notion "equality". I'm actually surprised that the institution is even recognized (referring to it's religious nature). Though, I suppose it's for legal reasons.

Well, at least no one's used the "population control" argument.

I agree in the sense that marriage is rooted in religion, yes. But there are now legal aspects of marriage. The fact that marriage is now part of our government is why it can't be banned.

It's, in a way, like Christmas being commercialized like it is today.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I agree in the sense that marriage is rooted in religion, yes. But there are now legal aspects of marriage. The fact that marriage is now part of our government is why it can't be banned.

It's, in a way, like Christmas being commercialized like it is today.

And I understand that, but does that mean that we are to forfeit those religious beliefs for the sake of that?

We talk about people being intolerant of homosexuality in this regard, but isn't the opposite like being intolerant of religion?

Q

Banned
And I understand that, but does that mean that we are to forfeit those religious beliefs for the sake of that?

We talk about people being intolerant of homosexuality in this regard, but isn't the opposite like being intolerant of religion?

separation of church and state says hi

And how exactly would a legal ceremony be intolerant of religion? That makes no sense. The legal ceremony is separate. Not all marriages are forced to go through the Juedo-Christian standard of a priest or other holy figure to ordain it. You only need (in the U.S. at least) two witnesses to see you sign the papers. Then boom. Done.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
separation of church and state says hi

And how exactly would a legal ceremony be intolerant of religion? That makes no sense. The legal ceremony is separate. Not all marriages are forced to go through the Juedo-Christian standard of a priest or other holy figure to ordain it. You only need (in the U.S. at least) two witnesses to see you sign the papers. Then boom. Done.

Seperation of Church and State refers to the idea that Government shall not establish a set religion (which, considering the origin, could mean simply not establishing a particular denomination of Christianity). Religion (or at least moral guidelines) must take part in Government, or else it will fall.

Yes, but marriage was always been established as between man and woman at the beginning. Why should it be changed? Simply because it's a cultural concern that's become politically correct? If we redefine murder to exclude revenge, is that really acceptable? Though, I suppose it might be to moral relativists.

Benjewman

People need to stop giving a shit about what people do with their dicks. The entire government is in our pants, making stupid laws. In Illinois, it's illegal to have sex with the blinds up. That's the most riduculous thing I've ever heard, and it needs to stop, starting with legalizing gay marriage.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
And the freedom continues to shrink...

Is it seriously a problem that people of the same sex are getting married? What about the other problems around the world that they could be protesting about? It's not like if people's kids were taught about same-sex marriage and couples that they're going to automatically grow up and get married to whatever they're sex is. They could probably do that on their own. Government needs to step out of people's love life and Prop 8 protesters need to deal. I support union between a man and a woman, but if LGBT should have the right to marry if they can. It's still love, just a little different.

Q

Banned
Seperation of Church and State refers to the idea that Government shall not establish a set religion (which, considering the origin, could mean simply not establishing a particular denomination of Christianity). Religion (or at least moral guidelines) must take part in Government, or else it will fall.

Yes, but marriage was always been established as between man and woman at the beginning. Why should it be changed? Simply because it's a cultural concern that's become politically correct? If we redefine murder to exclude revenge, is that really acceptable? Though, I suppose it might be to moral relativists.

You're fucking retarded. I will have to say it.

Religion MUST stay separate from government AT ALL TIMES. The whole point of the separation is so that a religious organization cannot take control of America and push their moronic beliefs onto me. I don't want some dumb-ass motherfucker telling me what I can do and what I can think under some religious ideal that ISN'T MINE. No, Religion MUST NOT take part in government - government is a secular entity. Individuals can do whatever they want with their religion - I don't care if you worship a piece of shit - but if you ever try to push your religious morality and beliefs onto me, or try to interfere with what I believe in, I will go crazy. Read up on your damn history before running around making blatant statements such as that, because that's what causes all this bullshit about "BUT MARRIAGE IS SACRED GUIEZ :<". That statement is true in probably three major religious denominations. If we didn't give a fuck about stupid-ass monotheistic religions telling you what you can do with your cock because they want more babies, we'd all be in such a great fucking shape it would be amazing.

Also, the whole murder-revenge argument is useless in this case - making homosexuality legal in marriage isn't going to kill anybody, unless you're one of those bible/qu'ran/torah-thumpers who desires only children for YOUR HOLY GREAT ALMIGHTY religion. So sure, keep prancing on being ignorant, it'll only bite you in the ass later, but for me? I don't want my government telling me what I can't do if the thing they're telling me I can't do doesn't hurt anybody. Gay people are fucking people - they deserve all of their rights.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
You're fucking retarded. I will have to say it.

Nice one

Religion MUST stay separate from government AT ALL TIMES. The whole point of the separation is so that a religious organization cannot take control of America and push their moronic beliefs onto me. I don't want some dumb-ass motherfucker telling me what I can do and what I can think under some religious ideal that ISN'T MINE. No, Religion MUST NOT take part in government - government is a secular entity. Individuals can do whatever they want with their religion - I don't care if you worship a piece of shit - but if you ever try to push your religious morality and beliefs onto me, or try to interfere with what I believe in, I will go crazy.

Are you kidding me? People have made rules based on religion FOREVER. How else do you think guidelines for Government could ever be developed. Even if it wasn't a particular religion, those people had moral guidelines for what is and is not acceptable behavior, and that carries over to government. What do you think would happen if religion (which is the normal foundation for strict moral guidelines) didn't exist in Government? Everything would come crashing down around itself. Once you lose the moral guidelines, government no longer has a say (or has the only say, in some cases). If there is no right and wrong, than anything can be made to be right, and the government merely becomes a medium for the people's constantly changing ideas. All of that inevitably leads to Anarchy. You really shouldn't downplay religion's importance.

The Constitution of the United States of America was founded on Christian ideas. That is, after all, the very reason the pilgrims left for the New World. If that foundation is removed because people think it isn't necessary, then the entire interpretation of the Constitution is up in the air. Suddenly, it can mean whatever the current leaders want it to mean, and as long as a few people in the Supreme Court are willing to support it, then it becomes the "new" law. Precedents can only protect the original interpretation for so long. This is entirely apparent now when you see the whole Strict vs. Loose Constructionist debate.

Read up on your damn history before running around making blatant statements such as that, because that's what causes all this bullshit about "BUT MARRIAGE IS SACRED GUIEZ :<". That statement is true in probably three major religious denominations. If we didn't give a fuck about stupid-ass monotheistic religions telling you what you can do with your cock because they want more babies, we'd all be in such a great fucking shape it would be amazing.

And here we have an example of intolerance for religion.

Anyway, marriage absolutely has a religious background, and is religious in nature. Granted, there are legal ramifications to marriage, but those are worked in afterwords. It was already established before legal purposes were incorperated into it. After all, what is the initial purpose of marriage, if not a religious one? If it is truly just "another thing to do", then why bother? We could just have sex with whomever we want and not even worry about marriage (a lot of people do that anyway, but whatever).

Also, the whole murder-revenge argument is useless in this case - making homosexuality legal in marriage isn't going to kill anybody, unless you're one of those bible/qu'ran/torah-thumpers who desires only children for YOUR HOLY GREAT ALMIGHTY religion. So sure, keep prancing on being ignorant, it'll only bite you in the ass later, but for me? I don't want my government telling me what I can't do if the thing they're telling me I can't do doesn't hurt anybody. Gay people are fucking people - they deserve all of their rights.

Honestly, you didn't get it? I thought it was pretty clear, but oh well. Do you honestly think that when I use that argument it means that I'm saying homosexuality is the exact same thing as murdur? Granted, I believe both are wrong, but the two actions are VERY different. My "marriage-revenge" argument was merely to demonstrate how pointless rules are if the meaning of those rules changes over time. In that case, the argument is most certainly useful. However, I will apologize if I didn't make that blatantly clear in my original post.

Last edited:

Naryx15

ワンダ;3579676 said:
People need to stop giving a shit about what people do with their dicks. The entire government is in our pants, making stupid laws. In Illinois, it's illegal to have sex with the blinds up. That's the most riduculous thing I've ever heard, and it needs to stop, starting with legalizing gay marriage.

Well, in Florida, oral sex is illegal xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back