• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's upcoming development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He probably won't be able to do all of the advanced Dark powers he used to have, but his magic would still be Dark themed. He does only know Dark spells like Dark Fire/Fira/Firaga and during Eternal Session, both Riku and Sora blast out dark energy in the Dark Cannon part.

:3 Oh, I love the idea of us watching Riku gain a new fighting style~

But I'm afraid of him being very limited in the beginning because of it. That is fine though. :D

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I wonder how they're going to use Sora's battle styles. It's probably going to be a lot of magic based on light, probably like one of his finishing attacks in Re:Coded where he shoots a giant bolt of light on top of his enemy. I wonder how it would be if the creators decided to miss it up and give Riku light magic and Sora dark. That would be kinda screwy.

localorange

I wonder how they're going to use Sora's battle styles. It's probably going to be a lot of magic based on light, probably like one of his finishing attacks in Re:Coded where he shoots a giant bolt of light on top of his enemy. I wonder how it would be if the creators decided to miss it up and give Riku light magic and Sora dark. That would be kinda screwy.

I feel there's a chance that they'll mess around with Riku's attack styles a little in 3D, or at least until he's deemed to have reached the mark of mastery via Yen Sid. Then I think (or at least I hope), that Riku will settle into some sort of unique hybrid of a dark/light attack. And given that his name means "land," I wouldn't mind seeing him pick up some sort of power that's related to his name, rather like some of the things that Terra and Ventus had.

I wonder if the teaser of 3D and the screenshots we see of Sora and Riku are telling us that something like that will be included on a unique level.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

Good point. But maybe under yen sid's tutelage he'll have picked up some standard magic's and even some light-based magic... Ironic is, this reminds of a fear a certain someone had in BBS... anyway, I'm just wondering what keyblades he'll be picking up or if he'll be using the way to dawn the entirety of he game. I also hope he picks up a new fighting style, well compared to 358/2 days's version, I wouldn't mind if his attacks pick up some speed.

localorange

Good point. But maybe under yen sid's tutelage he'll have picked up some standard magic's and even some light-based magic... Ironic is, this reminds of a fear a certain someone had in BBS... anyway, I'm just wondering what keyblades he'll be picking up or if he'll be using the way to dawn the entirety of he game. I also hope he picks up a new fighting style, well compared to 358/2 days's version, I wouldn't mind if his attacks pick up some speed.

I can see new keyblades being created exclusively for Riku that aide him in a light/dark balance, as well as a few that are unique to the Disney worlds he visits, just like Sora has always done. I'd love to see Riku wield the Ultima keyblade, but I have a feeling that's going to be a keyblade unique to Sora.

You're talking about Riku's attack speed, right? I hope, and believe that Riku's attacks are going to pick up some speed. His above average athleticism has always been highlighted to some degree or another, and I think that part of him is going to be taken into account.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I can see new keyblades being created exclusively for Riku that aide him in a light/dark balance, as well as a few that are unique to the Disney worlds he visits, just like Sora has always done. I'd love to see Riku wield the Ultima keyblade, but I have a feeling that's going to be a keyblade unique to Sora.

You're talking about Riku's attack speed, right? I hope, and believe that Riku's attacks are going to pick up some speed. His above average athleticism has always been highlighted to some degree or another, and I think that part of him is going to be taken into account.

Never know, Maybe iku will get his own version of the Ultima Keyblade... especially since it seems to change shape and form in every incarnation.

Yeayh I'm talking about his attack speed, honestly it wasthe only crux that caused me to not be able to stand his gameplay, since I'm the typical charge in head first neglect magic, spam fast melee attacks and chain combo's type. But anyway It'll be great to see where this heads.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I feel there's a chance that they'll mess around with Riku's attack styles a little in 3D, or at least until he's deemed to have reached the mark of mastery via Yen Sid. Then I think (or at least I hope), that Riku will settle into some sort of unique hybrid of a dark/light attack. And given that his name means "land," I wouldn't mind seeing him pick up some sort of power that's related to his name, rather like some of the things that Terra and Ventus had.

I wonder if the teaser of 3D and the screenshots we see of Sora and Riku are telling us that something like that will be included on a unique level.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

that would be land so earth again
i'm wondering if we will be limted to just soul eater the entire game. Can he use gears or somthing to upgrade his weapon. Or possibly being able to use different keyblades through out the game, riku with the chaos ripper would be awesome. Also riku needs to make some allies.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
What's left? Riku turns to darkness... again? Riku redeems himself... again? Riku struggles with darkness... again?

How about Riku going down a path of acceptance, as in not trying to push his pain away, or trying to rid himself of unwanted and unchangeable events of the past (He does seem pretty accepting at the end of KH2, but I don't know how much of that might be a farce).

He's going through changes, and I see him converting to the light; wielding light (which he'd suck royally at), etc., but to wield it effectively, he has to accept his negatives, and positives. He's like a candle in the dark waiting to ignite, I think. (In fact, he reminds me of Kain (FFIV: After Years) in this situation).

Honestly, I don't see Riku falling back into the darkness. Tagline for this game says something like when light and darkness stand beside each other, light falls to darkness.

Sounds like Sora will be doing the falling.

I agree with the bold. I actually see him taking a page from Luke Skywalker when he was training with Yoda; Sora has premonitions of Kairi in distress and of his possible descent into darkness. Going against Yen Sid's advice, he leaves to save Kairi, promising to return; never does.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
How about Riku going down a path of acceptance, as in not trying to push his pain away, or trying to rid himself of unwanted and unchangeable events of the past (He does seem pretty accepting at the end of KH2, but I don't know how much of that might be a farce).

He's going through changes, and I see him converting to the light; wielding light (which he'd suck royally at), etc., but to wield it effectively, he has to accept his negatives, and positives. He's like a candle in the dark waiting to ignite, I think. (In fact, he reminds me of Kain (FFIV: After Years) in this situation).
He is very much live kain
we noticed it alot especaiy his attitude in days

I agree with the bold. I actually see him taking a page from Luke Skywalker when he was training with Yoda; Sora has premonitions of Kairi in distress and of his possible descent into darkness. Going against Yen Sid's advice, he leaves to save Kairi, promising to return; never does.

i was kinda hoping kh doest borrow anymore from star wars

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i was kinda hoping kh doest borrow anymore from star wars

You know it will....which is the sad fate of this series. KH is an entire ode to SW/ST pretty much when you see how similar the story-lines are, and how Nomura personally requested Leonard Nimoy and I presume he did the same with Mark Hamill.

localorange

Sora could also be tricked. Remember, we don't know what kind of role the MF is going to play. I'm leaning towards the idea that Sora might get tricked into falling into the darkness, rather than him actually doing it on his own. And I mean he gets genuinely tricked, because one could say Riku was tricked into accepting the darkness as well - but there was a bit of a reckless acceptance on Riku's part. Sora's might just be complete obliviousness (which we all know he tends to be from time to time. XDD).

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
i could see a mx controlled terra tricking sora into the darkness and riku having to going dark once again to save him

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i could see a mx controlled terra tricking sora into the darkness and riku having to going dark once again to save him

becasue he foolishly puts all his trust in it agin ? or to sacrifice his well being to save sora again?
I want riku to have his own adventure, learning things about himself he didnt know as and becoming a better keyblade weilder
he can be much more then a piece of sora's story

Relix

A traveler
Awards
just to throw in my thoughts...for some reason I don't see Riku falling into darkness but rather...rising(for lack of better word) into the light from here on in. I'm not saying he's going to abandon the dark power he possess but for some reason Riku's path at the moment seems to be implying a rising hero of sorts. that's just me. I see him becoming what Terra must have saw in him when he performed the rite on Riku. So I do not think Riku will turn to darkness again.

NotaHero21

Riku falling into darkness? Thats so kingdom hearts I, get with the times of course he wont do that mess again. In fact I agree with relix I think from here on the skys the limit for my favorite silver haired youth. I've always seen him as the greatest hero among the keyblade wielders ready to sacrifice his very happiness for the sake of others, and nearly trading his life for sora's. He has always had this in him, I think more people will begin to see that now that, perhaps thats one of the assumptions nomura was referring to when he said previous misconceptions would be addressed. Maybe along with the soraxkairi shit too.

FriendsArePower

Theres no way Terra/Xehanort would try to control Sora it cant happen. Sora has to much light in him. And the test will probably be a small part of the game. The title makes me wonder if dreams hold the key to helping TAV, RAX, and namine.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
You mean Terra's?

As much as I don't like that idea because it's been really overdone with Sora, I will admit I can see Riku at least having part of Terra's heart inside of him.
what? when? where? how and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back