• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Romance in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
They should define bro.

I'll rephrase that, then. The nature of his relation with Riku vs the nature of his raltionship with Kairi is different, for better or for worst. Now, they are both his best friends and he does love them both, that much is clear.

Riku is, in many ways, a rival, and in more ways, just like a close folder brother to him. They've had the chance to connect even more over this journey, and their trust and connection and overall views on each other make them very easy to be just open with each other and completely truthful. They've been to heck and back together.

Kairi, on the other hand, was probably able to be considered "one of the guys" earlier, but Sora, for whatever reasons, acts differently around her or in regards to her than with Riku. He was all disappointed when he hadn't really kept his promise and he was a little too shocked to respond first when she hugged him. Thoughts of her made him blush and he daydreams about her, and when Saïx and Axel dragged her intro this, he was willing to get on his hands and knees to beg them to let him see her.

And stuff. It's late, I'm out of things to say, and this was probably barely coherent, but long story short, Riku is his bro, Kairi is... well, that's up to interpretation, but being the shipper I am, I dub her his crush.

Youniquee

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

He seems to be kind of bad at the whole flirtin' thang.

if anything he'll be relationship-less.

I died at this scene. All those fanfics with Riku being a suave flirter is now VOID.

I doubt anyone will be in a relationship though. Nomura will troll us all and Kairi and Sora do something romantic...then do something questionable with Riku and Sora just to confuse us v_v

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

To be fair shiki already has eyes for someone else. Though I did enjoy seeing riku flustered, we proably won't see that again

ShailsTDSPT

I doubt anyone will be in a relationship though. Nomura will troll us all and Kairi and Sora do something romantic...then do something questionable with Riku and Sora just to confuse us v_v

I guess it would be more along the lines of Donald popping out of nowhere followed by Goofy in an attempt of stopping Donald. I could see Donald say something like "LESS HUGGING MORE WORKING!"

Kurdistan

Wow guys, a lot of references that I forgot all about :D

these little things i like about KH, how romance plays a small but sweet role in the series, never outstays its welcome, but is still there in abundance, if you want it to be.

Roro

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That scene was hilariously cute. Though I kind of felt sorry for Riku in that scene, I always thought Riku would be better at those kind of things, and Sora was the more oblivious one lol.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Romance isn't one of the main aspects of KH, so romance isn't really a focal point. There might be more focus on romance down the road, but who knows? Personally, I don't really care one way or the other, I'll just put my faith in Nomura-dono.

Last edited by a moderator:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
You will never see any physical relationship in Kingdom Hearts, other than Disney worlds that include it between the Disney characters of that world, and/or FF.

That's pretty much it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It exists, Sora and Riku are the canon pairing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I think it exists too and i'm pretty sure that if there is a canon pairing it'll be Sora/Kairi *though personally I hate that ship and i'm a firm Namora believer* and maybe Roxas/Xion

But if not we'll just keep on getting hints and whatnot instead, like everyone else has said above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back