• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas is getting new battle quotes for Kingdom Hearts: II Final Mix + KH 2.5 HD ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's not that big of a deal. It's just battle grunts and all that for the first hour or two of the game. Probably not even noticeable, which is probably what they were thinking. If it is actually the case.

It's a series of "not that big of a deal"s that become a problem though. While it's true this instance may not be noticeable by some, as previously stated, there should have been no reason for the switch in the first place. The project files are all labeled, so whether they switched them on accident or on purpose (as some oddball Easter egg), the point remains that Jesse McCartney tried to make Ven and Roxas sound completely distinguishable from one another. That could be a little jarring jumping in and out of battle and hearing two different voice types/tones and what have you.

Articus

Well, unfortunately I cannot open the OP's link anymore. If I remember correctly, it was just an article by some dude. We don't even know for sure if it's true. Despite the other rushed mistakes, we should be careful before making a big deal out of something like this, and if it is ACTUALLY jarring or not.

It's not like they are replacing dialog with Ventus'. In fact, if they did do this, perhaps they thought that the sound of the two was not so different, it didn't matter. Even if the voice actor made a great effort in making the two sound different, it's hard to distinguish grunts and yells.

I am surprised though after looking it up, they do sound different completely when played in succession. I doubt it's a complete swap though, if it actually happened that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaDiIs9cpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqsKjXAX-yg

The main difference between the two is Ventus has a lot more words in battle while Roxas does not.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
When I originally heard that Roxas had new battle quotes, I was really hoping that they actually had new quotes that Uchiyama and Jesse would have for Roxas, but I wasn't quite expecting this. The Days voice clips I can understand, but why Ven's? They sound juuuuuuust different enough to where it would just sound weird to go from a Roxas quote to a Ventus quote.

I just hope he still has that "C'mon!" clip from 2006. For some reason, I always kind of liked that quote.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Just because it may or may not be a big deal shouldn't prevent it from being discussed.

Even if the voice actor made a great effort in making the two sound different, it's hard to distinguish grunts and yells.

That's subjective. Just because you may not pick up on the differences doesn't mean others won't either. #audiophile

I am surprised though after looking it up, they do sound different completely when played in succession. I doubt it's a complete swap though, if it actually happened that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaDiIs9cpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqsKjXAX-yg

The main difference between the two is Ventus has a lot more words in battle while Roxas does not.

See. I think different. The change wasn't noticeable to me because Ven used more words. The script/words themselves have no impact on the voice, it's the voice actor's manipulation that affects way something is read. From those two links you provided, I instantly picked up on Ven's higher pitch, increased power behind the vocals, and the quickness in his delivery. He sounds more energetic.

Articus

I agree he definitely sounds different for the most part.

We still don't know the swap is even true.

Antar

Awards
The swap is true, Everglow stated that himself and he is a person you can trust.

I'm pretty sure all of you are overreacting. Some people already have bought up that concern and Everglow has stated:
There's no need to be disappointed by this, since the only noticeable quote taken from Ventus is a finisher one, which sounds just fine on Roxas. There's a great concept of continuity in this Collection, since those people who played the NDS version of Days (and even Re:coded) will hear Roxas fighting just like there.

Here is the full thread if you want to get a better understanding on what happened:
Private Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX event in Italy reveals new battle quotes for Roxas - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - KH13.com Forum - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts
There's no need to make problems out of nothing.

Wander

There's also the fact that it may not make it in the release version of the game. Days quotes are fine if the audio quality is on par, Ven quotes are odd since they've taken the effort of differentiating the two in all but visuals so far, but you really can't judge until you've heard it for yourself.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The swap is true, Everglow stated that himself and he is a person you can trust.

I'm pretty sure all of you are overreacting. Some people already have bought up that concern and Everglow has stated:

Here is the full thread if you want to get a better understanding on what happened:
Private Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX event in Italy reveals new battle quotes for Roxas - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX - KH13.com Forum - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

I don't see anyone here actually experiencing problems with this revelation. There's nothing here but skepticism at best, which is understandable, all things considered.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Not sure that I would call that continuity when it is more likely laziness.

It's one thing for Roxas to be using Days quotes but he is not Ven.

5glitchers5

Awards
The battle quotes for Roxas in both the prologue and his Boss battles actually makes sense. They want him to sound more like a boss battle when you fight him and those that played KH Re:Coded would be familar with Roxas's boss quotes. Of course this also means outside the boss battle he gets mostly KH Days quotes, and some of Ventus's to fill in the gaps. Anyways it's not that big of a deal to me and it's almost like we get to play KH Days on the PS3 because of the KH Days battle quotes. And don't be mad, the Japanese versions of games recycle battle quotes more than the USA versions of KH games which makes me a little mad. I closely compare the battle quotes when an enemy, boss or playable character is used and obviously they do make some new quotes. Anyways this is something to be excited about because this means there's a good chance the KH CoM Absent Silloutes, plus their Data Battles have some KH Re: CoM/ KH Days battle quotes. although this makes me wish KH 1.5 HD ReMIX was paid more attention. Like for KH Re: CoM, they should've gave Sora some KH Re: Coded/ KH 3D Battle quotes, while Riku could've used KH DAYS/ KH 3D/ use existing battle quotes.

Awards
The battle quotes for Roxas in both the prologue and his Boss battles actually makes sense. They want him to sound more like a boss battle when you fight him and those that played KH Re:Coded would be familar with Roxas's boss quotes. Of course this also means outside the boss battle he gets mostly KH Days quotes, and some of Ventus's to fill in the gaps. Anyways it's not that big of a deal to me and it's almost like we get to play KH Days on the PS3 because of the KH Days battle quotes. And don't be mad, the Japanese versions of games recycle battle quotes more than the USA versions of KH games which makes me a little mad. I closely compare the battle quotes when an enemy, boss or playable character is used and obviously they do make some new quotes. Anyways this is something to be excited about because this means there's a good chance the KH CoM Absent Silloutes, plus their Data Battles have some KH Re: CoM/ KH Days battle quotes. although this makes me wish KH 1.5 HD ReMIX was paid more attention. Like for KH Re: CoM, they should've gave Sora some KH Re: Coded/ KH 3D Battle quotes, while Riku could've used KH DAYS/ KH 3D/ use existing battle quotes.

I really hope they add english battle quotes to the Absent Silhouettes. If they could do that for CoM, Re:CoM, Days, Re:coded, etc. They can do it for this. There's no excuse. I'm actually really surprised they didn't do that for the Japanese version. I know they are still the japanese voice actors, but when the original KH2FM was released, it had english voices, so the only battle quotes they could make were just grunts. They now had the opportunity to add actual phrases from Re:CoM and Days, but they didn't, which is just silly in my opinion.

And Re:CoM in 1.5 was left completely untouched except for the new Days cards. It wasn't even a remastered version, regardless of claims. It's an upscaled version, which explains why some things in it look so pixely.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I saw a new trailer of KH2.5 from kh13, and in the end it has Roxas fighting against Setzer and Vivi. You can hear the new battle quotes, at least I think Roxas sounds little like Ventus now. I think it`s not that bad, I can live with it.
Here is the trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqTA5cgYKk#t=127

It is kind of idiotic though because Jesse McCartney does do some effort (best noticeable in DDD) to make Roxas and Ven sound different.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It is kind of idiotic though because Jesse McCartney does do some effort (best noticeable in DDD) to make Roxas and Ven sound different.

Yes it is weird why they decided to change the battle quotes, since Jesse did a pretty good job. I hope at least the KH2FM battle has Roxas original quotes, since I liked. Oh well. All in all I don`t really mind.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes it is weird why they decided to change the battle quotes, since Jesse did a pretty good job. I hope at least the KH2FM battle has Roxas original quotes, since I liked. Oh well. All in all I don`t really mind.

It doesn't bother me either, at the end of the day, Roxas and Ven are still two different people.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
It doesn't bother me either, at the end of the day, Roxas and Ven are still two different people.

Yeah, this is what I think also. I did not even hear the difference first, but after playing the trailer again, I noticed the similarity to Ventus. I`m interested to see do the more casual fans hear the difference.

Alecs27

I don't know why in the new trailer Roxas has Ventus' grunts but in the english version, Roxas has definetely his battle grunts of KHII. Check out the Roxas' prologue in InfernoBlast32 channel and see for yourself.

Antar

Awards
I don't know why in the new trailer Roxas has Ventus' grunts but in the english version, Roxas has definetely his battle grunts of KHII. Check out the Roxas' prologue in InfernoBlast32 channel and see for yourself.

That's a hacked version, that's why. That voice change didn't exist when the Japanese version was released.

5glitchers5

Awards
That's a hacked version, that's why. That voice change didn't exist when the Japanese version was released.
After hearing these I didn't hear any KH Days quotes. It's possible they (somehow) switched Ventus' and Roxas' quotes so we might hear Roxas quotes in KH BBS FM! lol

Edit: I heard one or two KH Days quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back