• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should KH3 feature multiplayer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoomKey

I mean, it's not like we haven't seen it done before (KH Days) And I honestly think that with all these new keyblade wielders apearing in the new game, it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of the new gen's abilities. Online would also be pretty cool, especially with how big the worlds will probably be and the amount of sheer content there will probably be.

Larxene012

Banned
i personally don't think KH should have online cpabilities. KHx is the only exception but overall, it just seems more like western gameplay. i like KH as is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't want an MP mode unless it is like Arena battles. Give us vs. arena battles with friends (local and online) like in BBS. Or a boss rush mode where we can fight in-game bosses + arena bosses with friends (local and online). It shouldn't have too many trophies, and have an offline mode so if players want to solo, they can. For solo boss rush mode or vs. mode, just add in CPU enemies/partners.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, I think Coliseum/Arena battles (I don't know if Mirage Arena would come back at. all. I'm putting money on the coliseum, but it shouldn't be hard to mix a little mirage arena in that for a special mode) with varied things to do like defeat your friends or team defeat a boss would rock for multiplayer, I think. ^^

Anagram

Banned
I can't enjoy them anyway so no I'd rather not have them. Multiplayer only adds to the amount of time we have to wait anyway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't enjoy them anyway so no I'd rather not have them. Multiplayer only adds to the amount of time we have to wait anyway.

Well...since Osaka did hire staff familiar with online multiplayer infrastructure last year, I'd imagine it is already in the plans somehow.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
As someone who has some pretty sweet internet and enjoys multiplayer, I'm hoping we get a mix of Mirage Arena and Days' multiplayer. I really like the idea of playing co-op with friends and missions, and the only reason i feel it didn't fair so well on Days was because of how Days as a single-player game was already so repetitive, that the multiplayer aspect was even more repetition - plus, no wifi. I don't think KH3 will or ever should pull a RE5 were it's co-op so you can bro out, but as an addition feature? Yeah, that'd be cool.

But, what I'm hoping for most is Mirage Arena with wifi. I wanna play against people on Command Board and try and outwit people, and then do some good ol' Kingdom Karts Rumble Racing with others because I actually really love Rumble Racing (possible spinoff please fund it SE). A VS Arena/taking on Arena Missions with friends would be cool too I guess but I'm mostly just here for the multiplayer on that sweet minigames. Plus, as I've learned with Dragon Ball Xenoverse, if I am ever underleveled, I can tag along on a mission with normal/overleveled people and let them take the damage while I come in like a wrecking ball.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm pretty indifferent to Multiplayer myself. I'm playing the KH series mostly for the story and the RPG elements of character building and when it comes to gaming in general I have zero time for any online stuff anyways, so I could care less about whatever "multiplayer" they choose to implement or not.

The only thing I would cross fingers for and hope is that there are no online-trophies at all, or if there have to be, that those can also somehow gotten offline.
There are few things more annoying than that you cannot "finish" a game trophy wise because there are online-only trophies that also count towards the platinum.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not going to drop dead if there's no multiplayer, but I would kind of like to play together with friends of mine, tbh.
IIRC, Nomura already mentioned they're planning to implement online features. Something like the mirage arena would be nice, I guess...And I really liked the command board...

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, I want to have PvP and maybe some co-op in the arena but nothing else, it would be cool if you could see players run around right outside the coliseum as well but that would probably require that small location to be it's own worlds space/room which seam to go against what KH III is doing with basically each world only having one room.

edtheiii

There's almost no game that couldn't be improved with the addition of co-op.

I mostly agree - the premise being if you don't want co-op, then just don't use it. As long as it isn't a mandatory thing, then co-op should be only able to add to the experience. However, we do have to take release date into consideration. Co-op (for KH3) strongly implies multiple playable characters, which will definitely add production time. Just look at FFXV, which had to remove multiple playable characters from it's original design so that it could be finished more reasonably.

If KH3 came out tomorrow, was totally finished, and I knew for a fact quality would not be affected, I would prefer it to have co-op. But taking into consideration the difficulty of adding balanced multiple playable characters, I would rather have KH3 half a year earlier. From a marketing perspective, it's whether the amount of happy fans (because of co-op) will outnumber the number of unhappy fans (from having to wait). I would personally guess the co-op community isn't strong enough to warrant the time investment, but I very well could be proven wrong.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Multiplayer tends to be handled by a separate team anyway. It doesn't detract from the development of single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back