• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, you think you hate the camera?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxSoxKH

A lot of people have bought BBS with one major issue, the camera.
The camera in BBS is a problem because it clutters with the Lock On to much. When you lock onto an enemy, it's impossible to move the camera. Because, when you do, it turns the Lock On, off!
So... the way the camera is normally is just utter confusion. It messes everything up for your gameplay experience.
Well, I'm not sure if it was just me, or if a lot of people know this, or just havn't said anything about it, but there is a VERY easy way to fix the camera/lock on issues.

Once you begin the game and/or scenario. The very first chance you have? Bring up the menu. You know the one where you press 'Start' to access? Yeah, that one.
Okay... once there, scroll down the list, and hit the icon called "Config". This stands for 'Configuration'.
In this menu, you can tinker with all the games technical differences. Boring stuff right?
Not many people are interested -in most cases- with this menu. Because theres really nothing of consequence to change. Right?
Well, guess what? You're WRONG!

Well, once the menu is opened, the first thing you see is:
"Controls| Type A | Type B"
Well, A is what the default is. We don't want that... why? Because it's the exact thing people complain over.
Highlight "B".
In this mode, instead of Lock On and Camera having shared buttons. They're seperated.
The Left shoulder button, when paired with the Analog controls the camera. And whereever you leave the camera positioned is where it stays when you begin to move. Pressing the L button again sets it back in place behind your character.
This leaves Lock On all to the Right shoulder button.
So, when in this variation, you can actually lock on without having to press both buttons at the same time. And the camera is not only by itself, without interruption by Lock On, you can also look all around the world, not just left and right.
It might not sound to much better in words, but when you try it in person, you'll be amazed at how wonderful the difference is.

Another nice trick to try:
The Shot Lock.
Shot Lock (SL) only wastes Focus when it actually is fired off. If you activate shot lock, without pressing the X button to activate the attack? It can be used as a camera. Try it out.

Welp, I hope this helps anyone who has a problem with the camera.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i havent had a problem with the camarea (or maybe im jsut used to it)

Another nice trick to try:
The Shot Lock.
Shot Lock (SL) only wastes Focus when it actually is fired off. If you activate shot lock, without pressing the X button to activate the attack? It can be used as a camera. Try it out.

this is the trick i use.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The only problem I have with Type A is that when you're fighting and there's a whole bunch of pots around and the camera locks onto those sometimes. But that doesn't happen to often.

impart

Climb The Sky
The camera does piss me off. its not unbearable, just annoying
ill try type B though. sounds good

gdude30

I use shotlock a lot for the camera.

Funny how IGN and other reviewers who are supposedly supposed to review a game don't even mention or try out the features in the menu such as different controls. Yet they complain about the camera...

IGN barely has any credibility left. Instructions manuals are still useful nowadays if people read em

I really don't find the camera that much of a problem. If there a bunch of enemies it is harder to lock onto one and than the next one fast. But I actually find it better to not lock onto one, turn the camera to the next one and so forth for a combo that kills weaker enemies fast.

I just play around with it I guess.

V

Ventus91

the camera control is a bit ehhh at points but it doesn't really bother me. Plus isn't the camera control always a problem with KH games?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i iwsh the camera could adjust its self right automaticaly like in god of war

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
yeah this is yhe only complaint i had with the camera. its too bad but it could be better. i sappose ill try this method out when i begin Ven's story.

Jakek9

I don't lock on to anything thats not a boss so the camera was fine for me intill I had to move it and my character was near a wall and I was doing something that involved platforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back