• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Father?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetruelight

I know this kind of post is pointless, and Nomura has said many times before that family ties don't matter, but I had the strangest feeling this could be possible. Could Master Eraqus somehow be Sora's Father? and could Aqua somehow be a relation of Sora's? The only reason I'm thinking this is that the only people who have ever wielded Eraqus's Keyblade is Sora and Aqua. Could that mean something? I got the feeling after seeing this on tumblr.

time control

I know it's just a theory thats probably wrong anyway, but what do you guys think anyway? :)

Veritas7340

It seems like a decent theory, but I don't think it would pan out. Nomura has said before that he intends Sora to be a regular kid so gamers everywhere can relate to him. This is explicitly referenced in DDD and even some hints were made in KHI and KHII. Making him the son of a prestigious Keyblade master would defeat that purpose.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Being shown in a concept trailer, Sora picking up Eraqus' Keyblade may or may not have meant anything, so it really shouldn't be used as a point of reference.

And the idea of Master Eraqus as Sora's father is... I can't explain, but I really don't think it's the case.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Eraqus being his father is incredibly unlikely.
Riku mentions Soras father in bbs in the scene were he meets Terra when he says that his "friends dad brought them to island to play because they are to young to go by themselves".

And i doubt can be out giving sora and riku boat rides to the island to play when he's always guarding the LoD.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The concept intrigues me, I'm not going to lie. That being said, I seriously doubt that Eraqus could be Sora's father. There would have to be way too many retcons and other canon rewrites in order for something like that to be.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Eraqus being Sora's father? LOL, that's a bit of a stretch. His father was already mentioned in BBS.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Duh guys, Sora is adopted! What ya'll don't know was that ME was on DI the day Sora was born, the very same day that MX came along with Ven and their hearts connected. Once seeing that Sora looked so different from him, ME assumed the worst. that the women he was with must've been cheating and denounced Sora as his son then left. Heartborken, Sora's real mom gave him up.

Till this day, Sora's adopted parents can't bring themselves to tell him why he looks so different from them.

I'd give way more credence to Xehanort and Sora being related some how (if only because they both came from DI) before thinking that Eraqus and Sora are related. Keyblades have nothing to do with blood relations. It's been hinted at the Master Keeper is a special Keyblade that exists alongside LoD and so is passed down from successor to successor. Sora picking up the MK was more to show that the past and present were connecting and to remind the audiance of what Sora has to do.

At the very most, it can be chalked up to foreshadowing that Sora may be the eventual successor of LoD, but these early trailers tend to be very conceptual. ME being Sora's father is a stretch.

blksabbath74

Nice theory, but no...

Obviously, Sora IS Master Eraqus. He time-travelled back in order to defeat Young Xehanort, and stayed behind in order to very precisely set up the events leading to Xehanort's eventual defeat. This included driving Terra towards Xehanort and faking his own death, after which his heart came to reside in the original Sora's feet, which is why they are so big.

The reason that Aqua could also weild his keybalde was that Aqua is actually a fully realized version of Xion that he created from Xion's heart in the past.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nice theory, but no...

Obviously, Sora IS Master Eraqus. He time-travelled back in order to defeat Young Xehanort, and stayed behind in order to very precisely set up the events leading to Xehanort's eventual defeat. This included driving Terra towards Xehanort and faking his own death, after which his heart came to reside in the original Sora's feet, which is why they are so big.

The reason that Aqua could also weild his keybalde was that Aqua is actually a fully realized version of Xion that he created from Xion's heart in the past.
My sides...XD
Sora's father is probably some ol' regular, invisible Joe who we will never see. Same with his mom.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Nice theory, but no...

GENIUS!

My sides...XD
Sora's father is probably some ol' regular, invisible Joe who we will never see. Same with his mom.

I really hope that we get to actually see them, even if it's just brief. At the very least, I want to see Sora's mom giving him his dinner, have Sora pretend to like it even though he's clearly gagging on it, and then leave.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Nice theory, but no...

I'll take the bait.

Just to refresh your memory, it's downright impossible. Travelling to a certain point in time is only possible if a version of yourself is present at that time. Sora was born around the time Vanitas was extracted from Ventus, so it would have been impossible for him to travel farther back than that and become Eraqus.

That's unless he uses Merlin's doors again, but why would he?

Last edited:

blksabbath74

I'll take the bait.

Just to refresh your memory, it's downright impossible. Travelling to a certain point in time is only possible if a version of yourself is present at that time. Sora was born around the time Vanitas was extracted from Ventus, so it would have been impossible for him to travel farther back than that and become Eraqus.

That's unless he uses Merlin's doors again, but why would he?

Nomura leaked that currently Xehanort only has Time, but that in KH3, they will be adding Timera and Timega...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As Sol has pointed out, Sora picking up the Master Keeper in the KH3 reveal trailer is about as much confirmation that that is an important story plot point as the capes were in the original BbS secret ending of KH2FM. It's just that, a concept trailer, but right now, I'm not going to be saying it's important to the story until I see it in game or hear more about it.

Aqua likewise got ME's keyblade since she is his successor, I wouldn't call that a "family bond."

Honestly, I think it's nice and all that everyone here is focusing on his dad...but more importantly, WHAT ABOUT HIS DINNER?!?!??!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As Sol has pointed out, Sora picking up the Master Keeper in the KH3 reveal trailer is about as much confirmation that that is an important story plot point as the capes were in the original BbS secret ending of KH2FM. It's just that, a concept trailer, but right now, I'm not going to be saying it's important to the story until I see it in game or hear more about it.

Aqua likewise got ME's keyblade since she is his successor, I wouldn't call that a "family bond."

Honestly, I think it's nice and all that everyone here is focusing on his dad...but more importantly, WHAT ABOUT HIS DINNER?!?!??!

The dinner will come...you know it will come...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I know right? And what about his poor mother?

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Interesting, but I don't think it would work. Riku gave Kairi her Keyblade and they aren't blood related.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Interesting, but I don't think it would work. Riku gave Kairi her Keyblade and they aren't blood related.
He lent her his spare Keyblade; he didn't give her her own.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Either way, she shouldn't have been able to use it if I understand correctly?

She should and could because of her encounter with Aqua in BBS which resulted in an accidental inheritance ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back