• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Space Dandy - "All about the legs, baby."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
OH. MY. GOD. Finale of the freakin' year! That was an amazing finale episode and such a beautiful way to end the series! Honestly, I'm tempted to disregard that "May be continued" message at the end, 'cause that ending was way too perfect! Honestly, I've never seen an anime that I've connected with since Madoka Magica! Thanks for the laughs, Dandy!

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
That finale was superb.

When the music from the QT episode starting playing as Dandy flew towards the weapon....and he's there crying and reaching out to the crew....my god. I had a supreme lump in my throat.

Please don't let this be the end of Dandy...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The show ended in a very dandy way. Don't be the end! *cries*

I always knew that wasn't Admiral Perry's real body, but I always figured he was just the flaming skull or a kid trying to be cool, not an old guy.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
That was a great episode. On Toonami Tom said we'll see Dandy again and I choose to believe him! But if that was indeed the final episode it was a great way to end it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That was a great episode. On Toonami Tom said we'll see Dandy again and I choose to believe him! But if that was indeed the final episode it was a great way to end it.
Well, Toonami will be rerunning Space Dandy at the 3:00am slot for now, so...I guess that counts as seeing him again. *laughs*

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Didn't realize the show had ended so soon. I need to download the few remaining episodes I have left to watch.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Loved the callback to Kanada's dragon animation in Harmagedon.

Didn't matter what universe he was in. Dandy was always after dat ass.

Respect.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think they wanted/hoped the series would continue on beyond 2 seasons as most episodes end with a two be continued tag line. Unfortunately, because of poor sales, I doubt we'll see anymore of Dandy.

Watanabe sure likes to resolve his anime's right at the very end. I think Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo put all their pieces together in the final two episodes as well.

Overall, I don't know how I feel about the show. I was skeptical at first, but grew to love it as time went on because of its quirks. It ended too quickly.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
It's already out in terms of torrents. Been listening to it for days.

There is unfortunately no Viva All at all on it. The last portion of the second disc is probably my favourite.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Just curious but has there been any info on an english Blu-Ray/DVD release for Space Dandy? I did really enjoy it and would like to own the series.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Just curious but has there been any info on an english Blu-Ray/DVD release for Space Dandy? I did really enjoy it and would like to own the series.
No word yet. Most likely won't be out until early next year due to the series still being released on DVD/Blu-ray in Japan and you know how Japan is in regards to reverse importation.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

No word yet. Most likely won't be out until early next year due to the series still being released on DVD/Blu-ray in Japan and you know how Japan is in regards to reverse importation.

I can tell you that the UK are getting it released on the 24th November this year.

Only the first 13 episodes though.

I'm trying to think if I should wait for a big boxset instead...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Hopefully this means to add a bit of something to the piss poor sales of Space Dandy in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back