• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Splintered Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Wow, talk about hating Nobodies. Alastor is absolutely hell bent on destroying all Nobodies and destroying the darkness, isn't he? Well, to be honest, part of me feels that this notion is a little unrealistic; I mean, you can't have light without darkness. I think our friend Alastor needs to be careful with his anger; I don't think he wants to fall into darkness. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Guilded.Raven

.... O... Mai.... Gawsh. Absolute fan-fiction perfection. It's poetic with a kind of flow that I have yet to find it's equal. For a story about Nobodies, the story portrays emotion in a rather beautiful way. It's darker than many (at least that I've seen), but yet that's what makes it trully stand out to me... I find myself nearly begging for more!

It made me so happy when you discover that Sora is actually wanting equality for the Nobodies. I really also want to know what happened to the other characters from the series... Like, how they died, and whatnot...

Please continue! <3

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
This is another interesting chapter. Alastor needs to cool down a bit. :eek:

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
IX.

There are now over seventy five of us. Another new member joined the other day. As to what his name is, I have not put forth the effort to memorize it yet. The past few months have been...quiet. Teams have been assembled to seek out and obtain information on the Union. I have been on standard reconaissance between worlds, paying visits to Clara, and watching...Ari...from afar on Saturdays. I do not know why my body commands me to do so, but I always find myself ontop of the Clock Tower, looking down at her. Some part of me suspects that she knows that I watch her, even if I have never joined her. I think that may be the only reason she continues to sit there, week after week.

I have taken to playing the piano again as well. For one reason or another, the compulsions to play instruments I did when I had a heart have been overtaking me. Sometimes I have an audience. Sometimes I do not. It makes no difference one way or another. Number XXXV occasionally joins me. He is young, or at least appears to be, and joins me on his cello. He is an adequate musician. Nothing more. Hardly a conversationalist. I write less and less, perhaps because of fatigue? No, I think that my motivation has been faltering because of our new, but unsuccessful efforts into learning more about the Union. Clara has provided a few insights, but so far I have no solid evidence to connect this Alastor to the Union. We might dismiss it as the rantings of a dying man, if not for the periodic attacks on members out in the field. We have suffered no casualties, but the attackers seem to have learned from their endeavour with me that sending one alone is not wise. All in all, they attack, and are repelled, thus they flee.

Perhaps not all of them are as fanatical as I had presumed.

Today is my birthday. It is also a Saturday.

*There is a vaguely accurate sketch of a woman's face, and the subsequent lines are written in a much harsher manner, nearly to the point of tearing the paper.*

What point is there in having a heart anyway? All of us have been corrupted, or lost our hearts to the darkness in one way or another, so who is to say that this is not an adequate punishment for us? Is there some divine providence declaring that only the truly innocent regain their hearts, while the rest of us fade into oblivion? Records show that there were a number of Nobodies that could be called good, even rebelled against an Organization, but they simply wound up fading away as well. Were they cruel people in their first lives? Or were they victims of circumstance? Did they die for love, despite lacking the ability? Do I even lack the ability anymore? My body acts irrationally, and I can do nothing to stop it. I feel nothing, yet I act with more emotion than the rest of us could hope to feel again.

Why can I not be the textbook defiition of a Nobody? Why must I act this way? Why..

Why do I miss her?

...There was a star-shaped charm deposited through my mail slot. The note attatched said it was addressed to me, and found by a Member in Twilight City. The charm is made of seashells, and is a grey colour. There is a small tag attatched to it. "Happy birthday, Nilex. Love,-"

I threw it. I do not know why, but I threw it...

What is happening to me?

-IX

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, that was a really sad chapter. I just feel so terrible for Nilex. Man, if he does not get his heart back at the end of this, I will be really upset; he deserves nothing more than getting his heart back and going off and being with Ari/Xira. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Exvind

Nope, there was just a little lack of clarification there

Also, think about it, Nobodies long for anything to confirm their existance, and while they may not feel any emotional ties to their birthdays, it is just as important as their name, or any written proof that they lived.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
This is a well-writen, but sad chapter. v.v Hopefully things will be better for Nilex.

Exvind

Report MCVII: Class 9 Restriction. Multiple Documents Enclosed. Subject(s): No. IX
---------------
From the Desk of No. XIII Asst. to Head of Org. Research,

No. IX, Nilex, came in again today. He approached the Head some months ago with a theory on how Hearts seperate from our bodies may retain some residual link to us and cause us to react to emotions despite our disconnection to them. Needless to say, it was a radical theory that only urged us to persue this and our other theories as to regain our whole selves. However, over the past few months, his behavior has continued to grow somewhat more erratic, resulting in occasional outbursts, though his voice and mind seem to retain no sign of being in touch with his heart, even though his body is reacting to external stimuli. It is very, very perplexing, and the Council suspects that it may have to do with his innate ability to connect and gather hearts toward him. Still, I've perscribed some medicines that should prevent any more outbursts. It should appease his need to remain in control for future missions.

-Xavarex
-------------------------------------
Journal, I witnessed the most bizzare thing today. I went to the balconies this afternoon, and encountered No. IX there. However, he appeared to be weeping. But, we aren't supposed to cry. Does this mean that he still has his Heart? Then how do the Lesser Nobodies still obey him, and how can he use our abilities? Is he a "Special" Nobody? I left him alone, but the thought is disconcerting in regards to our operations.

-XXXV
-------------------------------------------------------------
Council Members,

The report No. IX filed regarding the Union has proved most useful in determining who our foes are. We have a name and a face on file as to who seems to be one of thheir leaders, Alastor Yggdrasil. However, since his appearance at the funeral some months ago, he appears to have vanished. This leads us to believe that the Union either has a world hidden away somewhere, or travels constantly. While the argument has arisen as to whether or not we should take a similar approach for our own safety, all data recently collected gives no indication that we are in any danger. The only three who know where our world is are not threats. None have the means, two are too old and decrepit, yet supportive, to tell anyone, and the third, well, we should all admire her, shouldn't we? Regardless, I am filing to continue scouting and espoionage missions while staying wary on the ever-increasing darkness and show of Heartless. The emblem variety seem to be naught but extinct, leaving only purebloods. A sign that the balance is dying, and quickly. We shall address this at our next meeting.

-No. I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X

The Council met, and summoned me today. They want to have eyes and ears probing for the Union. They've ordered I approach Ari. I am not sure I am capable. But I have my orders...to continue searching for strong clusters of hearts, to maintain a healthy relationship with the child Clara and to ask..

...to ask Ari to find and join the Union.

-IX

------------------------
End Report.

Last edited:

padlock

Awards
literary excellence ;) i didn't pick up any mistakes in this last chapter, although it was slightly confusing as to who was writing what, but i got it in the end ^_^

well done again, my previous opinion still stands *gives cake*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back