• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[spoilers] Jack Sparrow able to wield a Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Jack sparrow might be able to wiled a keyblade now?

Terra wasn't a Keyblade Master, yet Riku has a Keyblade 9 years later. Sora just like Terra has only the title, "Keyblade Master Material" that is my point, Sky.

I don't quite understand how you can play through BBS and still say Sora is at TAV's level. The commands alone were created with the intention of showing just how different in abilities a person with proper training is compared to someone who hasn't had it. Megaflare? Transcendence? Command Styles? Shotlocks? All easily prove that Sora still has much to learn. I'd say that he's probably around Ven's level, but not Terra's.

Sora and Riku are taking the test, not because they are ready, but because a Master is desperately needed, and Yen Sid is willing to overlook the difference in their abilities compared to true apprentices because of it.

Allister Rose

French Lover

they'll probably make one of them master and give them special master information. not because they're the level of master

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing

I don't quite understand how you can play through BBS and still say Sora is at TAV's level. The commands alone were created with the intention of showing just how different in abilities a person with proper training is compared to someone who hasn't had it. Megaflare? Transcendence? Command Styles? Shotlocks? All easily prove that Sora still has much to learn. I'd say that he's probably around Ven's level, but not Terra's.

Sora and Riku are taking the test, not because they are ready, but because a Master is desperately needed, and Yen Sid is willing to overlook the difference in their abilities compared to true apprentices because of it.

Granted, Sora has still much to learn. Granted, Sora got all of this thrown at him at once, while Terra and Aqua are well-trained. Granted, Yen Sid is in a bind. Terra and Aqua have been trained for somewhere around 7 years, (Considering they both had Keyblades when Ven arrived) but with what? Break the target? Hitting whatever Ven was hitting during the tuturiol? Practicing their swings? And more than likely sparing with eachother? But did they have any experience fightng monsters, such as; the Unversed and the Pureblood Heartless, until they were ordered to go find MX? I don't see that happening and this exact thing happened to Sora. (Granted, Aqua and Terra were a lot more prepared than Sora was)

Also Terra and Aqua are unbalanced; Terra uses brute force while Aqua uses magic. Sora is a balance like a master and shares Ventus' agility. (Granted, many of just bash at our enemies, but that's not nesscarily Sora's style. Granted, it is very likely) The drive forms are an example that he is a balance; Valor is brute force, Wisdom is a moving shotlock, Master is Brute force at first and then ends off with magic, and Final could be considered magic. (Seeing as you need concentration to use magic, and Sora is using his mind to levitate his two Keyblades) You get the picture, besides training and a little bit of knowledge he pretty much is Terra and Aqua'a equal. (Seperately)

Even Aqua needs to dodge after unleashing whatever magic she uses. (1st to last boss in Keyblade Graveyard and Final Boss are pretty good examples of this)

Sakulily

No, that won't happen.
Atleast I hope it doesn't.. Just the idea of Jack Sparrow wielding a keyblade.. just no.

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.

How is this even still a discussion? Nomura's probably doing a major facepalm because he accidentally put this in. Anyways, he would still need to be chosen, and go through a whole bunch of Destati crap, in which Darkside would pwn his a$$

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Granted, Sora has still much to learn. Granted, Sora got all of this thrown at him at once, while Terra and Aqua are well-trained. Granted, Yen Sid is in a bind. Terra and Aqua have been trained for somewhere around 7 years, (Considering they both had Keyblades when Ven arrived) but with what? Break the target? Hitting whatever Ven was hitting during the tuturiol? Practicing their swings? And more than likely sparing with eachother? But did they have any experience fightng monsters, such as; the Unversed and the Pureblood Heartless, until they were ordered to go find MX? I don't see that happening and this exact thing happened to Sora. (Granted, Aqua and Terra were a lot more prepared than Sora was)

Overuse of the word "granted." Somehow, this annoys me :\
Yeah, we all know how much fail the first part of the exam was, and about how they didn't have the opportunity to fight monsters, but hey, a majority of their training most likely consisted of sparring with each other, and their Master, and they're definitely more powerful than the small fry scattered throughout the worlds.

Also Terra and Aqua are unbalanced; Terra uses brute force while Aqua uses magic. Sora is a balance like a master and shares Ventus' agility. (Granted, many of just bash at our enemies, but that's not nesscarily Sora's style. Granted, it is very likely) The drive forms are an example that he is a balance; Valor is brute force, Wisdom is a moving shotlock, Master is Brute force at first and then ends off with magic, and Final could be considered magic. (Seeing as you need concentration to use magic, and Sora is using his mind to levitate his two Keyblades) You get the picture, besides training and a little bit of knowledge he pretty much is Terra and Aqua'a equal. (Seperately)

Why are you bringing gameplay into this? You might as well be saying Sora's 1337 hax0r skillz of reaction command awesomeness is a great measure of his strength. Terra, Aqua, and Ven were split up into three separate fighting styles to provide more variety as you play. If BBS just focused on one of them, with only one scenario, no doubt they'll be perfectly balanced as well. And I wouldn't say "unbalanced", but just "more proficient in".

Even Aqua needs to dodge after unleashing whatever magic she uses. (1st to last boss in Keyblade Graveyard and Final Boss are pretty good examples of this)

Again, it's gameplay.

Just because you needed to cartwheel away so often when you were controlling Aqua doesn't mean that actually happened.

Box_ghost

Jesus....a ceremony isn't necessary, it just increases the likelihood of someone getting a Keyblade. Smh who performed one for Sora? =/

That being said, I HIGHLY doubt it.

Sora touched Riku's light. [snicker]

Ummm he got the keyblade because of Ven. Take Ven out of the equation and he never would of gotten the KK in the first place.

No. The KK went to Sora in first place because of Ven bbeing a wielder.

lolno.
Proven otherwise.

What is known is that since Kairi touched the Keyblade, she can use one.
This does bring in the question of Leon and Jack.

KeyofDarkness

Well Kairi touched aqua's keyblade for a few seconds and she got a keyblade, but technically sora's not a master....

Lukar

Well Kairi touched aqua's keyblade for a few seconds and she got a keyblade, but technically sora's not a master....

Terra isn't a Master either, but he still managed to give one to Riku.

Gram

Banned
Awards

sorry double post, can someone delete?

Gram

Banned
Awards

kairi can use a keyblade but she doesnt have one.
destiny's place or the gayblade (lol old name) is rikus.

Terra isn't a Master either, but he still managed to give one to Riku.
ah but terra is at a masters level, sora is roughly at vens.

Xenin

Banned

kairi can use a keyblade but she doesnt have one.
destiny's place or the gayblade (lol old name) is rikus.

ah but terra is at a masters level, sora is roughly at vens.

I extremely agree with that one!

jerbear772

OK first of all Terra did the ceremony second aqua said what this was going to protect Kairi im pretty sure those were the words and im thinking that means she did the ceremony Sora didnt do anything and nothing happend. So there i hope that makes sense to someone else to.

jerbear772

not even Ven is way way stronger

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

OK first of all Terra did the ceremony second aqua said what this was going to protect Kairi im pretty sure those were the words and im thinking that means she did the ceremony Sora didnt do anything and nothing happend. So there i hope that makes sense to someone else to.

Yeah, the magic spell she placed in Kairi's necklace was what sent her to Destiny Islands, but that wasn't the ceremony. The real Rite of Succession happened when Kairi was running away from the Unversed, and grabbed onto Aqua's Keyblade. As soon as she grabbed it, the rite was initiated.

not even Ven is way way stronger

I wouldn't say "way way stronger", but Sora is more or less equal to or slightly higher than Ven's level.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sora a higher level than Ven in terms of battle power? On what do you base this assumption?
As far as I can remember Sora had problems in his fight with Roxas where he used those light shields and his advanced light powers.
Ven is capable of harnessing even more powers of light (Faith, Salvation, Pulse Bomb anyone?) and combine them with his affinity for wind (Tornado, Stratosphere, Multivortex). If you count in the Cyclone and Wingblade-commandstyles (the latter being six frickin' bladelike energywings on his back) and compare this to the abilities Sora had in KH II I highly doubt Sora is stronger at this point.
With the forms (especially Final Form) he might be close to reach Ven's level, but surpassing? No, not yet...
I'd refrain from comparing him to Terra and Aqua now but I'll assume there's a little bigger gap to close.

However, let me remind I'm only talking about "battle power" and progress in harnessing his abilities here, in terms of "heart strength" I think Sora has one of the strongest hearts seen so far in the Series.
Additionally considering Sora's heart is also some sort of a hotel for nearly all the unfortunate existences who got screwed up by the plans of the villains...must be quited crowded in there...

---

About that keyblade mess, let me rephrase how I understand it and then please tell me if I'm correct or not.

1. Sora's keyblade was originally Riku's but now it is his own cuz when he regained it in Hollow Bastion in KHI it choose him permanently as its wielder.
2. The only thing Sora gained from Ven is the ability to dual-wield cuz Ven's injured heart takes a nap inside Sora's heart since the end of BBS.
3. Riku's Soul Eater sword transforms into Way to the Dawn, which is Riku's true keyblade as a keyblade wielder of the Between.
4. Kairi has the potential to wield a keyblade cuz she grabbed Aquas Keyblade in Radiant Garden, but she hasn't one of her own yet since no keyblade chose her to be it's wielder.
5. The Destiny's Embrace Kairi uses in TWTNW in KHII is a transformed copy of Riku's Way to the Dawn.

...hope I got that right...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back