• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► (SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Riky_X

Well no one literary saw the Foretellers fall, so what if they are in the background fighting over the X blade??? And someone had to summon Kingdom Hearts, because it doesn't just appear like that, right? We still have to wait for the next and final update, probably theres more of the X-blade in it,and of Luxu...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is it ever shown/said how Gula obtained the Lost Page?

He hasn't obtained it, but he knows what it says on the page.

But nope. This is the first time it's been mentioned since they introduced the Book of Prophecies.

Double

I just saw the scene where guilt was first introduced in the theater right after the scene where you find out that if a player dies his/her chrithy dies too .

I ,as well as many "new" players, just activated that scene upon reaching level 20, so there should be a lot of people who don't know its place in the timeline.

Also, rewatching the scene with nightmare chrithy in this update tells me that he regards "showing the player nightmares" and "making black costume heartless attack the player" as one and the same thing.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
What if Luxu told Ava that speech about how everything begins in Darkness and everything also ends in Darkness? I've always wondered how Xehanort knew that, could it be possible that Luxu told him that?

Also, I think this "traitor" was just a Foreteller manipulated by Luxu/MoM. I don't think any of them would become the traitor on purpose...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Loose ends will most definitely be addressed on Back Cover and KHUx and Season II. We never got to see that cutscene with the Seekers and Guardians in KHx's finale. Though I'm willing to bet that Back Cover will tie some knots, but will leave more loose ends to be addressed in KHUx. It's possible we might get a KHUx and Season II closure during the year of KH3's release.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just saw the scene where guilt was first introduced in the theater right after the scene where you find out that if a player dies his/her chrithy dies too .

I ,as well as many "new" players, just activated that scene upon reaching level 20, so there should be a lot of people who don't know its place in the timeline.

Also, rewatching the scene with nightmare chrithy in this update tells me that he regards "showing the player nightmares" and "making black costume heartless attack the player" as one and the same thing.

It was confusing even when Guilt was added in Chi. Iirc, we were just coming off of the Crystals of Light event, and the similarities between the two was rather suspicious. Guilt was more or less treated as a side event; only when they added Theater Mode did we find out they added it to the main timeline, and in a place in the story earlier than when it was actually introduced.

Also interesting to note; Guilt was only referred to as the "sins of the Heartless" in interviews and the notice they released when it was first added. So for those who haven't really been following, I can see how this may come out of nowhere.

Luxu

Awards
To those confused about how the Dark Chirithy came to be. The guilt we have been collecting gathered into darkness creating him. The Black Costumes are nightmares, or perhaps an abstract darkness from the heart (Like Vanitas). And I think the Player no longer uses Medals/Cards. Because they have grown strong enough to damage the Foretellers, and kill non-book creatures. So those might be used as kinda a simple gameplay thing

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So it looks like the order of Foreteller battles is Aced --> Invi --> Gula --> Ira --> Ava (minus whichever one is the Foreteller of your Union).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Are you guys going to post the actual video with the translations? Or are you just posting the translations?

I've already said that the subtitled Ava battle video will go up later today. The translations for it were added to the OP last night.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I've already said that the subtitled Ava battle video will go up later today. The translations for it were added to the OP last night.

Alright alright. You just posted that order of foreteller battles, which led me to the front page which just had the translations so I came to the possible confusion that that was it; just making sure. You're hard work is appreciated.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Those bangles confuse me. We can collect Lux without them just fine, so are we converting the sins of the Heartless? They are the only source of Lux so it has to be something like this, maybe we have one bangle from the start.
Then there is the power bangle which exclusively converts the sins into empowering darkness. I don't know why Spirit Chirithy thinks it can convert the sins into light too, because this never ever happens.
Finally there is the light draw bangle from the crystals of light events which converts these sins into light like expected, but they are only valuable to the Moogle and the unseen shadowy figure (strongly suggested to be the Nightmare Chirithy).

All this is going nowhere, why was the Lux needed in the first place besides being some sort of protection against the darkness that was in large parts caused by the collection of it? Both these plot points are never talked about again at the end, even though it was the entire premise of the game. Now it's all about the traitor who ruined a plan we weren't even informed about, a plan which needed the holograms of the book of prophecies, Heartless and Dream Eaters to work.

It's a real shame all this story progression falls flat in the end and we're left with basically the same questions that were created during the beginning of the game, I really can't think of an even more unsatisfying finale at the moment.

Vaddix

Awards
To those confused about how the Dark Chirithy came to be. The guilt we have been collecting gathered into darkness creating him. The Black Costumes are nightmares, or perhaps an abstract darkness from the heart (Like Vanitas). And I think the Player no longer uses Medals/Cards. Because they have grown strong enough to damage the Foretellers, and kill non-book creatures. So those might be used as kinda a simple gameplay thing

Erm...is it a bit different in Unchained? Perhaps I misinterpreted, but I was under the presumption that Dark Chirithy gave you the Guilt Bangle in the first place. Or at least, it seemed to be implying that the Chirithy giving you the bangle was not the one you were used to. I'm really less familiar with the scenes of the browser version in terms of differences against Unchained, so I may be mistaken, but if I'm not, then saying "the guilt we've been collecting...creat[ed] him" might not be entirely accurate.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Gula: Unable to permit disharmony...

Ava: I can't believe that this is reality.

Gula: ...you will be disappointed by fate...

Luxu: That's why, as fated, the battle is unavoidable.

Gula: ...and lose sight of true strength...

?

Gula: Misreading the truth, you will venture forth in secrecy...

*Ava creates the Dandelions in secret*

Gula: And then with that one strike, a bell will toll for the final battle, and the battle will begin at last, and the time shall be chosen...

*Ava and Luxu clash, causing the tower bell to ring*

*does best Patrick Star* I'm the last I would've suspected, but I was looking for ME all the time! It's the perfect crime!

Yep, Ava was the traitor. *dun dun duuuun!*

----

Nightmare Chirithy: Unlike you Spirits, we Nightmares are beings that show bad dreams.
Because of that we can sever bonds, and live free.

Chirithy: Spirit…? Nightmare…?

Interesting that Chirithy apparently doesn't know what he is.

----
Nightmare Chirithy: For now…

Let's meet again in another dream...

Chirithy: ...Another?

Groundhog Day looping confirmed.
That's interesting, so I guess this means not only is Unchained another loop, but that its "season 2" will probably be as well, presumably with some differences, like maybe who creates the Dandelions/is the traitor, or if (and I do mean if) we remember the last loop we can change things.

Vaddix

Awards
Groundhog Day looping confirmed.
That's interesting, so I guess this means not only is Unchained another loop, but that its "season 2" will probably be as well, presumably with some differences, like maybe who creates the Dandelions/is the traitor, or if (and I do mean if) we remember the last loop we can change things.

Precisely what I was thinking/suggesting a bit earlier on; if this takes place in the Realm of Sleep, would we not expect the denizens to be experiencing a sort of endless cycle of nightmares, the same dreams without end until the world is awakened?

Luxu

Awards
Precisely what I was thinking/suggesting a bit earlier on; if this takes place in the Realm of Sleep, would we not expect the denizens to be experiencing a sort of endless cycle of nightmares, the same dreams without end until the world is awakened?

I think that because the world was one, the Realm of Sleep like the RoD was not created just yet allowing the Chirithy to exist, as well as dreams and nightmares.

So KHX does not take place in Unchained, but KHUX does?
But what exactly is Unchained? Why is it both a state and a Realm?

Vaddix

Awards
I think that because the world was one, the Realm of Sleep like the RoD was not created just yet allowing the Chirithy to exist, as well as dreams and nightmares.

I suppose we're not yet sure. It's possible, but I'd err on the side of this already being a dream, happening "presently" more or less, replaying events of the distant past.

So KHX does not take place in Unchained, but KHUX does?
But what exactly is Unchained? Why is it both a state and a Realm?

Going off of what I said above, I'm betting "Unchained" may be another dream layer down, not unlike the layers of dreams we saw Sora and Riku sinking and diving into respectively, like regular Leonardo DiCaprios. Which is to say, I think when we see the player laid down, being comforted by Ephemer and Skuld, they are perhaps about to drift down into another layer of sleep. Sleep, in that sense, somewhat fits as both a "state" and "realm" as you say.

Luxu

Awards
I suppose we're not yet sure. It's possible, but I'd err on the side of this already being a dream, happening "presently" more or less, replaying events of the distant past.

Going off of what I said above, I'm betting "Unchained" may be another dream layer down, not unlike the layers of dreams we saw Sora and Riku sinking and diving into respectively, like regular Leonardo DiCaprios. Which is to say, I think when we see the player laid down, being comforted by Ephemer and Skuld, they are perhaps about to drift down into another layer of sleep. Sleep, in that sense, somewhat fits as both a "state" and "realm" as you say.

But they are physically inside it...

Vaddix

Awards
But they are physically inside it...

"They" who? Regardless of who you mean, what is your point? DDD already established that entering "Sleep" and going to deeper layers of it is, at least in part, a physical process. But I may need a slightly more verbose explanation of what you're getting at to respond adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back