• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starting Someone on KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
I started my sister on KH about a year ago. She is more of a casual fan, only playing KH1 and KH2. Now she is considering playing DDD, so I'm making her play BBS so she isn't totally lost when it comes to DDD. So I said all of that to ask this; Have you ever started someone else on KH? If you have, how did it go?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
My 8 year old sister played through Aqua's story in BBS, she got through like half of the game before she got bored with it

State

Awards
My 8 year old sister played through Aqua's story in BBS, she got through like half of the game before she got bored with it
Young'uns these days don't know how to appreciate actually games. '_'

ShailsTDSPT

Here is a tip: When you want to introduce someone to the game don't refer Disney. Hell. Just say you can't explain anything about the game and the trailers and kupo do no justice so they shouldnt look at them. The best way is to put them a controller in the hands in any place that is not a tutorial (KH1 Destiny Islands, KH2 Twilight Town) otherwise they will probably not evne look at it due to the presence of Disney Characters.

My buddy went wtf when he saw Donald and Goofy and thought it was boring cause I put him in Destiny Islands. I said Kupo it and went onto my save in Hollow Bastion - Insta KH Fan. Now he just wants BBS to play Aqua for some reason.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I think they are not learning how to play games. My sister can only play simple video games and she is twelve. So like sims. She enjoys mindless games where there is no inherent danger. Just Zule x)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Some people just don't like RPGs because they like video games for the sole reason of action and "story gets in the way". I've wanted my little brother to try KH for s long time but I can't because I know it's just not his sort of thing; his thing being shooters, racing, and sports games (because they make him feel manly). I lent my bro one of the God of War games for the PSP and he claimed it to be the best game he'd ever played in his life but couldn't get past the cutscenes with out yelling at the screen to shut up until he found out how to skip them. If he throws a hissy fit over God of War being too story heavy there's a snow balls' chance in Hell that I can get him into KH.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I got my sister started on KH2. bad idea because she only like the worst part of KH2, AT-FREAKING-LANTICA... but she has played BBS as Ven and Aqua and played enough of KH1

iLeen

Awards
Attempts:
1. I told my friend about KH and she said she's willing to attempt it. She came over, we played it, she is not interested (I ended up playing KH by myself while she sat ignoring everything that was happening on the tv screen XD )

2. My other friend was familiar with KH because she has watched her brother play the first one on occasions (although she has never playing it herself), so I lent her my PSP and BBS (as well as my knowledge on all KH storyline), and now she's much more into the game. We're also playing KHII together (actually her playing, and I butt in if a boss is slightly too hard for her, since we're playing on Proud). Pretty much, I'm preparing her for KH3D :3

I tried getting my brother into it but he likes CoD and Halo, for some reason he kept dieing and gave up said it was dumb.

3. This is what I'm afraid of hearing from someone who ends up not liking KH. My brother came over with my 5 -year old nephew and suggested letting him play KH so he has something to do. I refused because I didn't want my nephew saying it's stupid and boring (because he tends to say that about a lot of my interests...)

sdr08

i tried to recuit people but my friends are over 40 years old, even tho im 22, i talk KH everyday with them, but no luck.

BagelBreath

Awards
My younger sister watched me play KH1 and KH2 and fell in love with the story/characters, even though she doesn't understand a lot of it. Eventually, she made her own file and started playing.
She's played through most of the games now, she's only skipped both the DS titles because they're so terrible. Since she didn't want to finish them, I just let her watch the cutscenes in theater mode.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Told my best (girl) friend that she had to play KH1 or suffer. She did, played it all the way through on the hardest difficulty setting and loved it. Then she just watched the cutscenes for COM and went immediately in to KH2 and loved that game as well. She's been a gamer girl all her life, playing mostly Nintendo so it sorta makes sense that she would do so well with KH. I then lent her my copy of 358/2 Days so she could play on her DS and she didn't really like it and hasn't progressed that far in the story. It's because she just wants to continue with the story left off from KH2. I said that wouldn't do and we've come to an agreement that she should play BBS on my PSP which I am lending to her.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
It's pretty tough to get people started onto KH especially if you start them in the wrong places.

I didn't even do much to get my sisters into playing Kingdom Hearts 1 some 8 years ago besides tell them it was a good game they should try instead of the Sims they bought what I was selling. They didn't finish them, but they still liked it enough.

Also start them with the good KH games please XD.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I've tried to start my little brother on KH because he's the only one in our family who doesn't like it. He did have a go at the original game maybe three or four years ago, but he never made it off DI. :I
He has seen everyone else play the games, though I don't think he knows the story. He's really only seen bits of the game. I really think he should play BBS, but he won't hear a word of KH anymore. He hates it because I love it so much, I think. >_>

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yeah the Disney part is usually the deal breaker lol. People are like wtf disney, what do you even do in that game? Its hard to explain why it is awesome without going into a long speech on the story. Or like some of you have said, just hand them the controller in a good spot in the game where they can hack and slash rape destroy the little enemies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
No.

Not to sound mean, but if they were interested in what I like they would ask me or go off on their own accord; and no one does so I don't bother.

Oran

Awards
One of my friends was interested in playing KH1 and I pushed him over the edge now he is the only friend IRL I can truly talk about KH with out being given a weaird face. Another friend of mine played KH1 and two and left it at that I convinced him into wanting to get 3D when it comes out.

On the other side of the spectrum I don't want my sister playing any KH game.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
A very large portion of my friends (I have a lot by the way) play KH and it was actually them that got me into it. They would always talk about how awesome it is and suggest that I play it. What sealed the deal was when one friend sat me down in front of the game and we took turns playing. Since then I've become a bigger fan of it than all my friends. The Disney actually was a turn off at first but the ideas of heartless, hearts, keyblades, themes and elements from Final Fantasy, and stuff really got me hooked. I grew to love the Disney over time.

Abvirtual

A friend and I keep on talking about KH to our friends so they play it, and one of them will play them as soon as he gets a PS3 fixed xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back