REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Neo twewy is this yearPlus Endwalker, NEO: TWEWY, FFVIIR Part 2, all the Dragon Quest projects, Project Triangle Strategy, GotG, more Avengers expansions, new Tomb Raider, and more on the way. It’s wild how much output they have in development right now and seems like half of it involves Nomura in some capacity.
Note that I said those titles are on their way… Didn’t say they were coming next year. Many of them I mentioned are coming this year. I was pointing out that there are so many works coming down the pipeline from Square Enix in general.Neo twewy is this year
I have an inkling that FINAL FANTASY XVI is gonna be a Holiday 2021 title. If rumors about the game being more far ahead in development than we were shown are true, then it's a possibility. Otherwise, SE is gonna have a very busy 2022(unless FFXVI miraculously releases 2021)
It was aiming for 2021 before COVID so unless they got hit hard and had to push things back (I think XIV expansions were set back by 3 months?) then it couldI have an inkling that FINAL FANTASY XVI is gonna be a Holiday 2021 title. If rumors about the game being more far ahead in development than we were shown are true, then it's a possibility. Otherwise, SE is gonna have a very busy 2022
No, not exactly. I think it is aware enough to realize it’s a ridiculous isekai but not enough to see itself as tongue-in-cheek. Like this isn’t a WoFF situation. I think they genuinely want this game to be taken seriously xDDid anyone who played the demo get the slightest inkling that this title was supposed to be ironic, tongue-in-cheek as some have suggested - besides the jokester pink-haired-Prompto's lines?
...the demo will be available until June 26, 2021 and feedback will be accepted until July 2, 2021.
- players will have more party members available than the ones currently in the Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin demo.
- while other characters can join your party you can only ever a party limit of three characters.
- Players can switch these characters out.
- players will be able to change the equipment of their party members.
- Certain characters can only use certain types of equipment.
- Jack on the other hand will be able to equip any and all weapon and armor sets.
- Director Daisuke Inoue also shared that a total of eight different weapon types will be available in Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin.
@Taochan brought it up but all of their names are religious/biblical in reference.Here are some Stranger of Paradise: FINAL FANTASY Origin updates:
People can spend more time in the Shrine of Chaos, as Square Enix extended the dates for the Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin demo.www.siliconera.com
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin will have more party members available than the two characters shown in the demo.www.siliconera.com
And to the surprise of no one...
Creative Director Tetsuya Nomura confirmed that Stranger of Paradise is not a continuation of the first Final Fantasy game.www.siliconera.com
- Creative Producer Tetsuya Nomura goes on to state that this game is not a continuation of the first Final Fantasy game.
- In the interview he states that while Stranger of Paradise is based off of the first entry in the Final Fantasy series, the crux of the story is that Jack is a stranger to this new world. Nomura describes the world of Final Fantasy as a “Paradise,” and Jack is therefore a stranger in that land.
- the Shrine of Chaos that is available during the limited time demo will differ from the one that will appear in the complete game.
- Nomura also explained that Jack’s appearance, specifically his starting outfit, was designed to clearly state that he is not from the world of Final Fantasy.
- Additionally, due to Jack and the Warrior of Light sharing a similar goal, Nomura mentions that they had to design these characters to be completely different from the actual Warrior of Light.
- Additionally, he does state that Jack’s name has a special meaning and that the reasoning for it is spoiler related.
I presume that Jack's name being the key to the plot is that, perhaps, someone realized that there's a time loop going on with Garland and the Warriors of Light and they decided to "jack" someone into the time loop in order to end it. Maybe it was Matoya the Witch?
Hmm... I made a quick Google search, but if the references are any good, then "Jack", from the Hebrew "Ya'akov", in its Greek form "Iakobos" could mean "Supplanter". A "supplanter" could be "someone or something taking the place of another". Maybe Jack is taking the place of the Warrior of Light? What I'm speculating right now is that someone may have become aware of the time loop and decided to end it by replacing the involved parties in it: the Warriors of Light. What better way to have events play differently than by changing its actors?
Oracle Spockanort said:No, not exactly. I think it is aware enough to realize it’s a ridiculous isekai but not enough to see itself as tongue-in-cheek. Like this isn’t a WoFF situation. I think they genuinely want this game to be taken seriously xD
Noivern said:Having a non-twink Final Fantasy protagonist that is also not a teenager or very young adult is extremely refreshing to me.