• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fashion and Style Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagayaki

Awards
Is anyone else interested in fashion? Mainstream, or alternative, it doesn't matter. Myself, I discovered Lolita fashion. I used to be the ugly girl with no sense of fashion whatsoever, before I even knew what it was. And when I was getting into cosplay and conventions, I thought that all Lolitas were snobs. I mean one of them sort of laughed at me because she thought I was cosplaying L from Death Note (I was being myself, who hadn't slept, showered, or eaten for a day and a half--L would at least eat). And after I swore off conventions years later, I just looked up the fashion again, and did some research. I was amazed that a lot of the things in the Lolita lifestyle were things I do already. And the people who wear them are actually polite and beautiful. You can go here to learn more: lolita-tips.tumblr.com

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm mildly into fashion. I'm not that concerned about what's mainstream, but if something's popular and I happen to like it I have no problem wearing it. Mostly, I just like to try and look nice.

Fortissimo

Yeah, i'm not even denying it anymore.

But it wasn't till recently that I really started to admit it and actively pay attention to what was in or not. I also get kinda picky about where I shop because those stores are the only ones that have the style that i like. But it doesn't mean i wont give everything else a try. Especially nowadays I care how I present myself on days i'm out of the studio because usually I look like a trash queen most days of the week. :/
I'm just a dumb fArt student so I dress like that. But I'm happy and I love it. And I finally finally bought some Doc Martens so I can look good AND have some decent work boots.

noxy

I used to love Lolita fashion. I was obsessed with Kana (the super cute JRocker). But back then, it was really hard finding clothes in that style- even online. This was back in 2002/2003 when I was going through my goth/punk phase and had dreadlocks for a year. I still listen to my J Rock bands, I just don't dress like that anymore.

ANYWHO. My interest in fashion has grown a lot over the last 7 years or so, but even more so now that I live in NYC. It's like mandatory I step up my style game. Imo I'm kind of not that great at putting an outfit together. I'm especially no good at accessorizing.

My style is very basic- solid color tops(right now that means black/grey), jeans, boots, or flip flops. When I'm skinnier and look better in stuff, I rock my denim miniskirts in the Summer or a short dress.

I want a pair of cute cowgirl boots.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I kind of like fashion.

For the most part, I don't have really good taste in clothing. I usually prefer to wear clothes that I'm comfortable in. Such as big sweatshirts or loose clothes. Of course, my family happens to tell me later on that I need to wear more color or that I look homeless. (I wore too much gray last year. And one of my pairs of jeans had a really big hole in it.) Therefore, I try to put more outfits together to wear every day to look nicer. I don't really care about what's popular. But I like wearing clothes that I think I'll be cute in mostly. Thankfully, I was able to get a lot of clothes on sale after the holidays. I also got myself a pair of black heels. (Something I always wanted.)

Shawty

Awards
I like fashion, but I don't really keep up with it. I wear what fits my personality, and if it happens to be popular at the moment, so be it. I don't really care if it is or isn't, as long as it looks good on me and feels comfortable for me.

I do have two senses of style though, what I wear really depends on how I feel that day.
I absolutely love the edgy "punk rock" look, leather jackets, a lot of black, oversized tshirts, ripped jeans, etcetc paired with killer winged liner and dark red lipstick, but I also /really/ love very feminine clothing with lots of pastels, high waisted skirts, blazers, cute dresses (though I rarely wear them) with a nude makeup look. (think cutiepiemarzia style).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, I am totally into looking cute. I don't really wear my cute stuff to school because when it is 5am I'm much too lazy to put the effort in...or when I have to work I'm like "diddly it my sweater is fine". I only bother on the weekends when I'm going out with friends, or when there in an event to go to.

I don't really wear makeup (mainly because I'm allergic to most of it) except for eyeshadow and lipstick and some eyeliner.

But I love dresses and skirts, even though I don't wear them often...and I only ever wear heels or boots. I rarely wear tennis shoes or flats or sandals. My current lazy school day outfit is a light cardigan with a loose shirt and skinny jeans.

noxy

Guys I'm going to Distant Worlds in Jerzey! Both shows! It's the day after my bday and I'm struggling to put an outfit together.

I've axed out wearing a dress. I'm chunky right now, so I'm not really feeling a dress... I've ordered a pair of black suede over the knee flat boots, so I need jeans and a shirt and a new winter vest or something....

NowakiMagica

Website
www.nowaki-magica.blogspot.com
I'm interested in fashion, but I don't follow any trends or anything like this. I also don't read any magazines or look on the web for certain things concerning fashion. The only thing I do that have to do with fashion, is thinking about the way I put my outfits and where I do my shopping. I sometimes look for inspiration but this is really rare and mostly I forget about these "inspirations" really quickly.
I used to wear Lolita fashion, but I quit since it became too expensive for me and I can't stand all of this rules since I like to be really creative with the way I look. Sometimes I still wear Lolita, but it's only once a year or so.
Actually I can't describe how my taste in fashion looks like... There are days where I really like to be all-girly with some flowers in my hair an dresses, and than there are days where I like to wear ripped tights, short skirts and a leather jacket. However, especially in Winter I often wear pretty comfortable clothes and kind of boyish clothes and long black coats. It really really depend on what I like on a certain day.
Here are a few examples that describe how my wardrobe looks like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
I try but im not good at it.

I mostly wear t-shirts, and jeans. ocasional skirts or dresses. Its not that i have a bad sense of fashion. Just cloths arn't cheap. I rather get a book or game lol. But i do attempt to look nice. Just not always come across.

also wearing cloths is hard for me, because a lot of the cloths I love, I either can't fit in, or i can't pull off, I had a tumor at the base of my spine. (Been removed) but theres still a noticable bump so i try to get things that hide it.

I was bullied a lot in school by it, and even though im in college and twenty-three now. The anxiety i get when it comes to cloths is high. I'm trying to slowly stop hiding but its taking time.

I like darker cloths, but pastels look better on my skin tone (I have olive skin) so my wardrobe is a lot of blues, pinks, purples, and earth tones. but mostly its t-shirts with pictures and jeans as i said. I do know i have an eclectic style and taste. I like pretty much most styles lol.

Last edited:

Kagayaki

Awards
I finally bought the petticoats! I bought two of the bell-shaped ones in the standard size, to save money. The manager of Clobba Online said that the standard size might fit me, despite the fact that it comes up to three centimeters smaller than my waist measurements. The petticoats are actually supposed to stretch to fit over your hips, but they might end up tight. They came out to over 178 dollars... And that's with airmail shipping, not EMS. The shoes are next. I'm probably going to order airmail for them, too.

And I just cut my hair short. Dramatically short. It's naturally curly/kinky, but there's no point in me straightening it. It just got too tangled, and it's going to get hot outside, anyway. I used to be afraid of having hair this short, but it just feels that much better. I don't have to put hairclips in it, or constantly tuck it behind my ears. I'll still wear wigs for Lolita.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I used to wear whatever but as of late I've become more self-conscious. I shave until I can get 5 0'clock shadow and I've been wearing my leather jacket I haven't touched in two years (which now fits me), and my hoodie under it but now its warm outside so I pick between one or the other.

noxy

I've got a good head start on my Summer wardrobe.

It's all from Old Navy and Target cuz that's p much all I can afford ever lulz

I've got 3 strapless maxi dresses, a really cute blue linen strapless dress, a maxi skirt, a bunch of basic tanks and some new workout gear.

Now to actually start working out :D

Kagayaki

Awards
I miss my red retro dress. I lost it in the laundry somewhere. I was going to wash it. I even have matching shoes...

So, it's prom season! ...Not that I should care. But I'm hopefully going to a formal dance at a convention, and I'm in a bit of a dress dilemma. I found the princess of all dresses, but it's in a high price range. It's in my favorite color, and there's this illusion neckline with little rhinestones. It has a sweetheart bodice, and a flowy train, and it's got a metallic accent on the waistline, so it's really flattering for me. There are others that are less expensive, but they're plain, and I wanted a dress to go with a tiara. I already have white satin shoes, which aren't the same color, but goes with it anyway. It's on Amazon. I'll show it to you later.

My $15 shoes just came in. I get 90 percent of my clothes from Amazon. I have a hard to find size for...everything. Shoe shopping is especially painful. I have a short, wide size, and Zappos shoes are ugly and expensive. 400 bucks?! I might have to wear those custom made Antaina shoes for my everyday wardrobe.

Sometimes I get my pants and socks from *shudder* Forever 21. They have cute designs, and affordable pants that fit me, but a lot of their stuff is just too out there to wear in public. And their sewing quality isn't always good. And I'm getting sweatshop vibes from them. I wish they weren't so popular. I feel even more so about Victoria's Secret. My half sister and my stepmother love that place too much. It's not a secret if everyone knows about it! I can only fit one thing from there. Their perfume and body products are overpriced versions of what you can buy in drugstores. And their Pink line is just sweatpants with their logo on it. And I don't like maxi dresses. They're so ugly. I only found one that was modest, but it sold out. I remember other detestable trends like long skirts with athletic shoes, upside down and backwards visors, over the top goth clothes and makeup, and glitter eyeshadow (I can't believe I tried that in high school and college...).

And I'm starting to hate cross lacing or corset lacing in lolita. If it gets out of hand, it looks too much like anime. And I don't even have a full coord yet, but I'm already starting to hate the Antique Clock print and the Chocoberry print from Bodyline, simply because I see so many others wearing it. You'd have to make it look special. I have Angelic Pretty's Cream Cookie Collection in light blue, but after seeing someone else's coord with the same thing, I'm afraid of not looking as good as the others wearing it. I'm lucky to have that thing alone. It's completely sold out in a month!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think I can say I'm pretty into fashion. I don't really pay too much attention to what's in at the moment, but I tend to really like dresses lately. In the past year I went from owning one dress for everyday wear to about 11.

Oops.

Also I became fond of heels and really long boots. Before my Rarity cosplay [which is the most glamorous I'll ever be], I was actually too afraid to wear heels because of my height [at 5' 10" i tower over nearly everyone], but Passion coaxed me into getting a pair and I can't thank her enough for it.

I also started out being one of those kind of girls that had one or two pairs of shoes... now I have like, at least 15 functional pairs of shoes or boots at least.

I'd absolutely love to get into lolita fashion but i'm afraid that it's harder for me to find stuff that fits, being not only tall, but general definition of curvy everywhere. Most of the clothes aren't really tailored for my size and stop sometimes two sizes before mine.

In general I can thank cosplay for this, I suppose.

Kagayaki

Awards
I'd be lucky to find underwear in my size, that's less than 65 dollars. Even though I don't have much of a choice, I like florals. I want the rest of my clothing in florals, too.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I need short sleeve shirts. A hoodie used to be fine and dandy but this 90 degree weather is killing me. Why did NY have to skip spring?

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Yo! Honestly... I don't care for fashion. I just make my own shit haha Skinny jeans with sweatpants over them, some type of v-neck, a necklace, and a bunch of wrist bands with a vest or jacket and some shades, no matter the season, is pretty much me year round haha just switch the skinnys for cargo's, the occaisional bathing suit attire, and my birthday suit, thats like my entire wardrobe hahaha

I like suits. But I'm the slim type, so I don't wear them often. I have a few things I want to get tailored so I can get back into my on trend, but as far as underwear... Spider man boxers af! No spideys? Got my Marvels. No marvels? Guess I'm gioing with Stewie (Keep Calm Family guy addition haha) When all else fails... No... they never fail haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back