• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Kairi and Sora's relationship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Sora and Kairi ever be in a romantic relationship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
This is something I have wanted to make for a while, but never had the time until now.

Alright, so a lot of people ship Kairi and Sora (And I mean, A LOT) they are also hinted to have romantic feelings for one another. As we have seen from Sora himself as well as Kairi, and as a result people see it destined to happen. After all, Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game! So it would make sense if it ended on such a happy note...Right?

Well, what if that's not true? At its core, Kingdom Hearts is a game about friendship. Proven from when the Keyblade returned to Sora after saying that friends are his power, or with Ventus before fighting Vanitas for the last time. Its a game geared more towards friendship than love, so sorry but Kairi and Sora WILL NOT be in a romantic relationship anytime soon, or at all. (They also won't get married, as I've seen some people suggest). Hell, we have yet to see much of Kairi in the games as she is rarely seen, as well as barely any lines for a main character.

Well, Sora deserves at least a kiss from Kairi at the end of KH3 right? Wwwweeeelllll, that would most likely be awkward for Sora as well as Kairi. It seems that all Sora will get is a bunch of hugs.

But, hey who knows?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Wasn't there already two or three threads like this last year? lol.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Anywho, I'm in the idk. I would say I wouldn't care, but I'm interested to see how their relationship would go.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*breathes* Kairi needs to grow as a person and for Sora and Kairi's friendship to be developed before I will even find it remotely acceptable for them to be a couple. *leaves thread*

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
*clap clap* Good job Ethy. Maybe they should just steadily grow to an relationship instead of them immediately going, "OMG, I love yooou! *kiss*" or just a little less dramatic than that. Other than that, Idk.

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
As one Sora and Kairi shipper i don´t worry about it, i just move on the future is filled with mysteries.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
While I think eventual romance is inevitable between them, I also can't actually see it happening in game now a days other than being implied? Despite how Disney-esque and the Princesses falling love with Princes plots from the Disney moves, I find myself caring less and less about romance between the original characters for some reason? Maybe because I grew tired of it very early on in my KH days after running into very... rabid peoples. While my disdain for romance in general grew, I've continued to feel like Sora and Kairi would be a thing, but as of late, I've grown to love Sora, Kairi, and Riku as an OT3 and I almost can't imagine romance without all three. Haha

If they are gonna be a thing, then Nomura and crew should probably make an effort to show their relationship better. A lot of people said they didn't feel much for Sora, Kairi, and Riku's friendship in KH1 but I always have. We've gotten to see Sora and Riku's undying attachment to each other, I think it's time we see how Kairi mixes with the two better as well. Implications can only go so far, but at least they're there.

I've... be in other fandoms where people ship two characters that have only spoken to each other once or twice the entire series. I can accept Sora and Kairi romance based on what I've seen so far because of canon implications and allusions to events we've yet to see with our own eyes.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I agree that Kairi needs more development, and their needs to be a little more focus on her and Sora's friendship before they upgrade to being a couple (which is why I hope there are multiple segments of KH3 where you can have Kairi as a party member). I completely understand that viewpoint, and I agree with it. I just think a lot of us feel like the subtext needs to move from just implying they have feelings for each other to actually spelling it out sooner rather than later.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think there was romance hinted in the first three games, but it's kind of a dropped plotthread at this point. And, honestly, I hope it never happens. Kairi is easily the most dead-end character in this series. She is as bad a love interest as a character in general.

To throw the SoKai shippers a bone--at least it's the relationship that has the most odds of actually happening.

Caxinuld

Awards
*breathes* Kairi needs to grow as a person and for Sora and Kairi's friendship to be developed before I will even find it remotely acceptable for them to be a couple. *leaves thread*

I absolutely agree with this, especially after 10 years of Kairi being a blank slate with unused potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back