• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Hecatomb

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabazu

The Magic Man
They came as soon as he realized he had these powers. They came with dogs. They came with guns, of all sizes. They came in with a crash, his door reeling from the small battering ram they had used, and surrounded him. As soon as the crash was made, he had fallen to the ground, clutched the statue and put it in one of the coat pockets of his coat that had been lying on the ground. It was noticeble, until the st atue seemingly shrunk, condensed to a 8th of the size it had been, making it about the size of a quarter of a pop can. Then they arrived with thier weapons, pointing them at him, yelling. He slowly got up from the ground he had fell to as soon as they had come in, and they all stopped. A man came through the men with the guns, and he was strangly, in civilian clothes. He opened a black badge carrier, and showed Peter it, quickly, like a cop would to a criminal.

" Peter Harris Zwolf?"

The man said, pulling out a small palm computer, and using its touch screen;

" We have been watching you...As soon as you suddenly had become big with your pieces of mutant filth, we had a feeling you were a damned mutant. Some of those things you made were 'strange', otherwordly. Were gonna put you were you belong Peter, whether you like it or not."

Peter then seemingly put in his 'two cents.'

" Really now? Why?! I've done nothing but sculpt arts you stupid Religious nutjobs! You fricken theocratic dipshits, you-"

But Peter never finished his sentence, because one of the multiple men aiming their guns at him smack him in the face with the but of his pistol, resulting in a black eye and a deep gash in peters cheek. Peter fell. He fell hard. Instinct took over, and he twisted suddenly, grabing a small chunk of marble and throwing it at the man, it sharpening in midair, and impaling him. The man howled, and fell to the ground, his fellow men never even looking at him as he fell, not caring. Their leader only laughed

" Hahah, rookies.."

He typed a few words into the palm computer, and then muttured some things, Peter caught a bit though.

"Peter Zwolf.. Power; Controls stone. Status: Captured."

The only thing peter remembered after that, was a man with a dartgun shooting his neck. Peace found him at last for the next few hours at least. When he awoke, he found himself in the back of a military truck, with his jacket strewn over him acting as a blanket, and cuffs around his hands and feet. He nudged the coat from over his face and saw only forests.

Where the hell are they taking me...

Peter then rolled a bit, just to face the inside. Good, the guard that had been watching over him was fast asleep...The fat, lazy slob. He then felt something in his jacket... Those idiots fogot to check his coat! The statue was in there! He could escape... He apparently he had the power over stone right?

He concentrated on the statue and it then slid out of the thing, as though it had a will of its own. It slowly started to ' melt', and go around the cuffs, completly covering them with a thin caoting of obsidian rock, then crussing the metal completely by hitting certain points on the faulty metal handcuffs. With the handcuffs gone, he made the stone float into the air, and it silently impaled the fat guard in the throat, allowing Peter to get the keys to his leg cuffs and unlock them. He took the obsidian stone morphed statue from the guards throat with a disgusted look at the blood, and jumped out of the back of the truck, running into the forest, never looking back. Now if he could only figure out where he was.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
"Help indeed! This man parked his car on the sidewalk! And its on fire! So many violations. You are a very bad man. Now, I want you to move this car now!"

The police officer was dumbfounded. Was he actually getting yelled at for getting into an accident? What confused the officer even more was this woman. He worked on the force in this city for nearly fifty years. And yet, he had never seen her before. A thought occurred, apparently, as the man suddenly ran to his companions car. It had a few dents, but otherwise fine. He jumped in a began to rummage through some paperwork. Zo, being curious as she was, peeked inside the police car. The officer was looking for something. But what?

A shot of triumph answered these questions. Like before, he shot out of the police car, holding a piece of paper. Sweat tumbled down his face. The crazy look in his eye told he had found something very important. All of a sudden, Zo felt awful. She had never felt this way before. Not since...Oh crap.

"Now it all makes sense! This..THIS is why we have no record on you, Miss Dier. Or should I say...Zo Aypa!"

A mutant by now would be in shook. They would be figuring out some way to escape or to kill this man. But not Zo. She still gazed at the man as if she had no idea what he was saying. She looked down and began to mumble. It looked like she was talking to herself. Then, she raised her head and nodded. She agreed.

"I am indeed sad that my game is over. And I was having so much fun too! Does this mean I have to be watched over again?"

The police man, by this time, had already drawn his gun. He did not know what kind of power Zo held, so he was being extra careful. He walked over to Zo, still pointing his gun.

"Oh, I am sure it will be worse, you scum! You are coming with me!"

The officer reached for Zo's hand, but she pulled away playfully. She raised both of her arms, both hands closed tightly.

"Before I go, pick a hand! There is a surprise inside! I promise I won't hurt you. Pinky swear!"

He did not know what to do. A crowd was gathering fast. They were whispering, some even laughing. Children as well. If he didn't "play along", this mutant might try to kill her way out. Maybe if he just went along with it, she might come calmly. Besides, he had the upper hand. She was surrounded. No way in hell Zo could escape. The officer pointed his gun at her left hand. She opened it up revealing Nothing. She shook her head sadly, pouting a little. He then pointed to her right hand. It opened and....there was noting. His face went bright red as the crowd began to laugh louder.

"I don't have time to play your stupid games you sc-"

Something crawled down Zo's sleeve. A ferret popped out of the sleeve, fangs bared. Before the officer could react, Slink latched himself to the officer's face, tearing it to pieces. The officer began to scream in pain, trying to wretch the thing off of his face. But Slink was able to escape the man's clutches. Turns out Zo was not talk to herself before. She was talking to Slink. A part of the man's eye was visable beneath the ferret's rampage, pleading to Zo.

"I did said I wouldn't harm you. But I didn't say anything about Slink. Now, you be a good boy and let me close shop. I need to start escaping now. Bye bye!"

ooc- I love Zo so friggen much.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
As he sat in the Camaro, waiting for the catastrophe to subside, he watched some very, very interesting events. Apparently those within the pet shop were only mildly aware of what had happened -- or so it had seemed. His left eyebrow twitched out of curiosity as he slowly sat back up in the seat. He was glad that no one had seen him do what he had done... at least, no one had come forward yet to 'fess up about it. Either way, Isaac knew when to take advantage of a situation. He only wished that he could get out of here, but that was sadly not an answer at the moment considering the pile up and cars that had stopped to see what was going on in this crazy place.

He slowly slid out of his car, feeling his energy starting to return. It'd be a bit before he was back up to full power. He steadied himself by putting a hand on the hood of the car. Isaac turned around only to hear a guy ask for help. He looked at him.

He pointed at himself as if posing the question: "Me?".

He then averted his attention back to the girl who was now standing outside what was presumably her pet shop and giving the officer whose car had nearly hit it a good ranting. Isaac smiled for a moment before stifling a laugh and then withdrawing the smile. He did frown though, when he saw that the policeman was rummaging through another car to get some papers for something. It was almost just out of plain paranoia that he guessed what those papers were. His fears were concerned as the man cornered her and pointed out who she was. She had powers too, it appeared. A ferret suddenly came launching out of her clothing and latching onto the officer.

Isaac wondered inwardly if he should help her. Perhaps she had the situation handled, but he had doubts. Slowly, his mind gave way to chivalry, and he got back in his car and drove over to the pet store, parking basically in front of it but away from the police cruiser. He got out and waved his arms at the girl as if motioning for her to get in the car.

If she had it handled, that was fine, but he was always willing to help. Meanwhile, he turned to the busted out window to see a few people inside the store. There were three -- a young man, and what looked to be a father and daughter from the way the man was positioned aside the child. Isaac waved at them nonchalantly. He looked back at his black Camaro and smiled inwardly. They wouldn't catch him if he was even chased in the first place. He looked up though, to see another officer running towards the shop, and he motioned with his left hand almost invisibly, and the cop suddenly ran into what seemed like an invisible wall, knocking himself flat and unconscious almost instantly.

That probably attracted a little attention...

Last edited:

Endgame

:D
A bloodied, injured Luke stumbled from the pet shop, covered in cuts. The inadvetdant 'explosion' of the front window had showered him with shivers of glass... all of which had seemed to move as if they had a mind of their own. David, perhaps, was more intent on protecting his daughter then he was on watching where the glass was going.

Chaos. Everywhere Luke looked. The police, the gathering crowd... and the Pink. Glowing, Pink, everywhere. Everywhere. His vision was so crowded with light now that it was just as bright if he closed his eyes. And close them he did, growing tired... oh, so tired. He couldn't keep them open. It was just... too much.

"No More."

The commanding voice issued from a bloodied man standing near the shattered Petshop. Red coated his clothes, his flesh, covering him almost entirely. He stood at an awkard angle, his head lolling to one side. And though his eyes were closed, a red light shone through the lids.

Instantly, the nearby officers drew their guns. Shining eyeballs was usually a massive indication that someone was abnormal. Seconds later, however, they found themselves almost unable to move as the worst feelings overwhelmed them. One had suffered from a slight cold recently. He now doubled over in pain, the contents of his stomach emptying themselves onto the ground. Another had a small infected cut on his left index finger. Within seconds, his entire arm was a bright red.

"You are all damaged."

He spoke not to the officers, but to Zo, David, Issac, and everyone nearby who was filled with pink light to his closed eyes.

"You are all broken."

His voice was not like Luke's at all. It was authorative, commanding, and cold.

"I will... fix you."

And suddenly, every nearby mutant's senses exploded with pain simultaneously. A pain so powerful it would force them to the ground, a pain so exquisite that they would be incapable of even moving. Their whole body would feel as if it were on fire, and being torn apart, for this new 'Luke' was trying to tear out whole pieces of their genetic makeup. To rip apart every cell in their bodies and remove the mutation.

OOC: First, sorry for inactivity. Work interviews, family 'fun', all sorts of crap.
Second: Trance-form Luke. Only happens when his vision is overwhelmed with imperfection. His power is not wholly presiding over disease, but any 'foreign' body or imperfection within someone when compared to the 'perfect, generic human'. A-La, mutations. My little way of punishing everyone for rushing to one place because there was the slightest bit of action.
Trance-Form's disadvantages is that it's very slow-moving, and focuses completly on the imperfections. So I'm expecting an NPC cop to run over and smack me on the head any second now. -looks at watch-

T

Tyler Durden

Pain. Not just the pain that came from a papercut, but pain from within the deepest corridors of his heart. Such pain was not natural, and Craig had to deal with it. He was lying there, writhing around on the ground like a pathetic being. And he wasn't the only one, apparently. There were a handful of others acting the same as him, and he was glad for it. Well not glad, but kind of relieved.
It would have been rather embarassing if he was the only one on the ground like an idiot.

As he was thinking this, an old lady walked up to a young man walking slowly, and bashed him over the head with her purse. This seemed to offer Craig some time, and he took advantage of it. Grabbing a loose stone, he hurled at the man's chest, expecting a sickening thunk.

He then got up, and jumped into the car that was parked in an odd position. "Would you mind driving? Things are going to get hot in here". Not waiting for an answer, Craig also grabbed a girl and put her into the car. Using his strength, it shouldn't be too hard to do so. What an odd series of events...and all started with groceries. Wait... what about Ash?! He couldn't just leave her here to deal with this. He leaped back out of the car, and turned quickly to the girl he had just pulled into the vehicle.

"Got to go, sweetie. Don't get yourself killed now."

With that, he ran towards the grocery store, where Ash would be.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
OOC: Except for the part where you forget that a mutation is NOT an imperfection, a genetic mutation (like the ones our character's have) are simply another step from the genetic process. In actuality if you were to affect this process then you'd have to affect mostly everyone in the area because 87% of humans have a genetic "mutation" of some sort, just ones that usually don't show up, but they are still there.

Still, for shits and giggles, I'll go along with this.

IC:

Isaac was looking at the girl, wondering if she was going to hurry up or not. Time was kind of essential to surviving this day, and there were parts that he still hadn't thought out. There was also the fact that he didn't feel like going to prison, either. However, with all that said, he was still patiently waiting and watching the situation unfold around him. Chaos was such an odd thing, it was evident in all forms of life, from the smallest single-celled organisms to the most advance that there were -- the Homo Sapien. Humans were currently running around the area, still trying to figure out the situation, but he doubted any of them were succeeding.

It was then that he noticed that guy from the pet shop walking out. The thing was, he didn't look happy with the situation. He heard him speak, heard his words. They sounded agitated enough -- like a parent who had just crossed the line with their bickering children. What was he going to do though? This young man seemed to have some sort of power though, because as he spoke again, two officers drew their guns but suddenly became incapacitated as the situation unfolded. Isaac then noticed the fact that this young man's eyes were glowing.

He spoke about people being broken... who was he talking about? Isaac had to wonder, but suddenly a definite guess came to mind. It was then that he started to speak again -- this time his voice sounding cold and very unlike the man they emanated from just a few seconds ago. If this man could do that stuff to the cops, Isaac only had to guess what he could do to him and those like him. So, in the mere matter of a split second, he took what was left of the power he had regained, and forced it into a concentrated blast of air that exploded right upon Luke, with around the force of probably about 4000 PSI. As he did though, a horrendous pain took over him, and he fell to his knees, holding himself.

It was as if fire had exploded inside his body. The young man had struck, but he could only hope that burst of air would knock him out of his concentration, or something along those lines. The pain was becoming more intense... thoughts couldn't form, brain malfunctioning, no words, no breath, just pain. It was the most horrible feeling that he had ever felt -- no. it wasn't a feeling, it was being The pain was so bad that it was physical, almost as if it had a solid form.

All he could do was wait in agony.

Then the pain stopped. He slowly got up, feeling every nerve-ending in his body, every cell, every beat that flowed blood through his entire being. He stumbled back into his car, in time to have some guy pop his head in on the other side, and before he knew what was happening, the guy stuck the girl in the car, and ran off for someone.

"Uh... okay." he mouthed. With that, he slammed his door shut, started up the engine, and drove, as fast as he could.

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
OOC: I'm assuming, Zetsumi, that this pain decreases with range.

IC:
“All right, lets get out of here,” said Dana, pulling her brother a bit more gently this time, her ears perking as she heard the exploding noise of screeching cars, and sirens rolling about the afternoon air. She didn’t like this…. So much attention in one place would not do them well. So she held his hand tightly and pulled on it, feeling him come willingly as they quickly began to sprint away from the ensuing chaos. She ignored the fading sounds of tinkling glass shattering, as she ignored all noises of discord surrounding her and her brother. He was quiet as they ran, obviously still reminiscing about his shortcomings… Dana would have sighed as they ran through the back ends of the various shops, away from the noises of the police and the attention… He tried so hard, but always, his nature came through… Even through they were the same age, it was like he was so much younger sometimes… But he was her brother… and she would look out for them.

Daniel’s eyes were downcast as he and his sister dodged around yet another fallen garbage can , now a few blocks away from the massive scene behind them. As they ran quickly away from the chaos, he felt a dull pain rise up in his skull.

“Ouch,” he gasped, grabbing his head with one hand as a sudden splitting pain blasted his cranium, “Ow, ow, ow,”

“Don’t stop,” breathed Dana heavily, her own eyes suddenly watering as the pain hit her, the fiery agony burning through her veins like acidic blood, “Just keep… keep going…” They trudged along, albeit slower, and as they maneuvered painfully around one last rusting garbage can, they collapsed, the pain slowly receding as Daniel’s back hit the alleyway wall, sliding down until he collapsed into a sitting position. Dana was breathing heavily, leaning against the brick wall, with a light layer of sweat clinging to her brow. Her eyes were closed, the lids shut lightly as she slowly fought to breathe regularly. Daniel’s eyes were open now, but as he felt the buzzing in his body recede, a sense of fear rose in him, like none he had experienced before… That pain… Where did that come from?

“Dana…” he whispered hoarsely, his legs shifting as he slowly began to stand up, his entire body shaking as it recovered from the attack of pain… “What the hell was that?”

“I don’t know Dan…” she replied, turning back to look the way they had come… They had gone fast, traversing practically a mile in such little time… But what was that pain? Not an ache, but a sharp pain, like something being ripped from her body against her will… “I just don’t know…”

OOC: Not that happy with it, but I had to post.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
What a rush! People pushing her everywhere. People beating up other people. It was very confusing for a simple mind like Zo's. One minute she was ready to go back into her store and free her pets. The next a strange feeling spread throughout her body. She had never felt this kind of feeling before. Physical pain, was it called that? It was awful. Zo was very unhappy ( you must remember Zo thinks in simple ways, so pain is too complex for her to understand ). She clutched her body for some reason, a reflex perhaps. Zo fell to the ground, putting even more pain on her.

A red liquid was seeping through her knee where Zo fell. Having never been scarred before, blood was something new to her. With a blank stare, she watched the blood trickle down her leg. A nauseating feeling mingled with the pain. Her hand began to violently shake. Slink, taking notice of this strange reaction, leaped from the police officer's face and scurried to his master. He immediately began to lick her wound. The shaking stopped. The nauseate was gone. Pain still existed, but Slink took away most of it.

The man before then swept Zo from the ground and placed her in another stranger's car. She did not notice, still shocked from what she saw. Slink did nothing to stop the man. Somehow he knew he was helping. He simply jumped in before the door was slammed and the car sped off. The car jumped off the ground as the car hit a speed bump. Zo went flying and smashed her head. The jolt, as painful as it was, woke her from the trance.

"What?..Where..Where am I? Let me go! Kidnapping is a serious offense! My pets! They'll be stuck unless I help them! The flames! Terrance is going to hurt me!"

Slink was as calm as could be, despite witnessing his master's secret being revealed. He conveyed the scene simply. The human driving was an ally. There was no reason to panic. But humans were too simple to understand this, unlike animals. He nuzzled Zo's neck to try to calm her as usual. It seemed to work. But Zo was still dissatisfied. Accepting is one thing. Getting all your questions asked is another.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
David wanted to die. Anything, anything would be better than this horrible, screaming, ripping pain that shook every part of his very being. A terrible ringing took vicious control of his ears, beneath which he could barely hear the screaming of his own daughter, despite the fact that she was directly beside him. His skin, his bones, his muscles, everything was on fire. Something was being pulled out of place, other things were being pinched in torturous ways, and everything felt as if it was being ripped apart at the core.

And then it stopped. Some twinges of pain still made him twitch slightly, merely the brain's memories of the merciless assault. Annelise had curled up into the tiniest of balls, clutching her knees to her chest and clamping her eyes shut with all the strength she could muster. She must have hoped that, if she could not see anything beyond her own eyelids, that the pain must not have been able to see her. Poor child. David went to move away from his daughter, only to find his right arm suddenly in the iron grip from his daughter. She stared directly into his soul, pleading not to be left alone, lest the bad return.
David picked the poor girl up, holding her somewhat to his side as he took in the scenery around him. Frankly, chaos had ensued. David could hardly begin to take it all in, let alone describe it. There was, however, a very large crowd of people surrounding the area, spectators of course, that he found most alarming, despite the presence of flaming cars and other similar, panic-inducing objects. Had they seen him use his powers? Surely they couldn't ignore the array of glass spikes that had moved themselves to accomodate the presence of David and his daughter. His face grew white, while Annelise's shifted from pain and fear to an expression of timid curiosity. Presented with such a situation, David did what any normal person would do.

He froze.

Though well aware that immobility would not render himself invisible, David could not help but hope that if he stayed perfectly still, no one would take notice of him. With policemen about and, according to the increasing howl of sirens, more on the way, he could hardly afford to be caught in public with a peculiar arrangement of glass behind him, much less in the middle of a disaster scene. He was like a bird that had been struck by a stone and fallen to the ground, completely motionless for the sake of its own life.
When one desires the earth itself to open its maw and swallow one whole, it would be most fortunate for one to possess a back up plan of sorts. Sadly, David was not granted such a luxury. He only stood there, stationary, hearing and seeing everything but listening only to the beating of his own heart.

ooc: Shitty. I should post in here more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back