• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Music is Dead" Debate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well, I've noticed some mixed opinions on this. It seems some people are of the opinion that music in general is only going to get worse. So, share some opinions, here.

Are the greatest songs humanity will ever create all here already? Is there some genius still making music that lives up to what once was? Or, maybe, music is not dying, but in a coma, and a saviour of some sort will soon bring some brilliant song to the light?

Musical charm

Re: The "Music is Dying" Debate

well, I don't think music is dying, I'm trying my best to master music, even though I'm young, music is VERY important to me, all I know is that music is already dead in my school, but that isn't stopping me from reaching my goal in music to be the best, so in my opinion music isn't dying, but its like what you said watson, its in a coma wait for it to wake up again, or something like that.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
The basic music genres are dying or are getting abused in a sense. When i say basic i mean Rap, Rock, and Pop.....those are the basic or mostly mainstream types...the people in these genres are selling out to the media and the fans and not producing original works. Its funny how underground musicians are so unique but when they get discovered by mainstream record labels the musicians style changes. And then the people who have been following this musician since they were underground or independent now are left wondering where that person they followed has gone. This is not always the case though so please don't make the mistake of saying that I said that. Music itself is not dying though. its just certain aspects of it are not doing so well right now.

Its funny how underground musicians are so unique but when they get discovered by mainstream record labels the musicians style changes. And then the people who have been following this musician since they were underground or independent now are left wondering where that person they followed has gone.

I think, in many cases, the change is actually just an evolution of the band's sound, albeit with better production. Normally, the change isn't really much of a change in the sound at all, it's a change in the fan's opinions.

Music is not dead and it isn't dying.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
I think, in many cases, the change is actually just an evolution of the band's sound, albeit with better production. Normally, the change isn't really much of a change in the sound at all, it's a change in the fan's opinions.

Music is not dead and it isn't dying.

I wasn't referring to sound, I was referring to lyrics more than anything...Its great when you get clear sound and better production but lyrics mean the most to me

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Music isn't dead, people are just pretentious about other people's preferences.

E

Eyesore

I think music of now is just as dope as the music of old, and to come.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Music can't just die. Music is eternal, dude. But I get what you're saying but I don't think it has gotten that bad yet.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Music is alive. It's just very hard to actually find music worth calling ~*music.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Music will forever be, that wont change
personally though, most of rap is starting to annoy me
not all, but the ones that go like: "I'M looking for the best sex, yeahhh"
i mean seriously, what the fcuk?

Last edited:

Vixx

Music is not dying, in my opinion good music still lives, we still have breaking benjamin, as long as serj tankian and daron malakian are alive then we are saved yea?
It does depend on your opinion, people who love rap, hip hop and pop are fine, others who enjoy metal, rock, and alternative...not so much, music is fine, i believe that someday we will get back up as rockers and start taking over mtv again eh?
But until that day comes, we have to deal with Justin Beiber and lady gaga, i do however like varieties of music, both old and new, but we are evolving, the black eyed peas are a great example of what music has "evolved" into, they were a good band, now their techno and sound like shit...
But who knows?

I guess we will see what happens in the future and just hope for the best.
-Vixx

Last edited:

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
im seriously, what the fuck?

Rap has become a mess......I listen to rap with a grain of salt.....Everytime i hear drake all i think of is wheelchair jimmy...I dont see drake all i see is a joke who is trying to be something he is not.....but everyone seems to like riding his nuts..so whatever.

When it comest to music such as rap...lyrics to me are the most important thing. My friend believes the beat is what makes a song....not to me...The lyrics have to mean something for me to like the song and then i may notice the beat. But quite a few rappers have hit that sex, money, hoes and clothes thing....I remember when rap was about saying fuck the government....now its about fucking some hoes. I dont know whats up....I guess the quickest was to make a dollar is the best.

Music is constantly evolving....that is correct....but into what? Something better or something worse....its all a matter of opinion.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Rap has become a mess......I listen to rap with a grain of salt.....Everytime i hear drake all i think of is wheelchair jimmy...I dont see drake all i see is a joke who is trying to be something he is not.....but everyone seems to like riding his nuts..so whatever.
You do know Drake does have a collection of good song right?

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
You do know Drake does have a collection of good song right?

Does he?

im seriously, what the fuck?

And yet those songs seem to be the most popular. :/

I think it's because the generations are becomaing more naive to the true aspects of life--it's not about the booze, the sex or getting the girl, but according to them that's what 'living in the moment' is, when in reality it's just a party that's going to end sometime; and tomorrow you wake up with a bad hangover and having to really face life again.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Some of the old school rappers that are still in the game are great. ESPECIALLY Kid Cudi. His lyrics may not be the best in the world but his imagination and creativity and how unique is sound is makes up for all of that.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Some of the old school rappers that are still in the game are great. ESPECIALLY Kid Cudi. His lyrics may not be the best in the world but his imagination and creativity and how unique is sound is makes up for all of that.

I love kid cudi and his lyrics are on point for this stage in his career. He is one of the few i like along with most of the rest of GOOD

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I like B.O.B. His lyrics for Airplanes are right. Like rap isn't the way it was supposed to be. It's all about keeping your bitch in check and banging people or getting high. Drake isn't horrible. He is pretty cool. Find your Love and Best I Ever Had are my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back