• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

αsiя;5236853 said:
This is video games people, more importantly it's a JRPG/ARPG video game. Don't use real life examples to trying to come up with Terra's age. These type of games always go with everything stereotypical. Using your own body as a way to come up with Terra's age is just as useless as coming up with a reason why Sora's hair didn't fall down when he fell into the water.

What I'm basically saying is that KH doesn't do realism.

yeah, that's what I've been saying, as nerdy as I am..I still know that kh is just a game.
if I want real, I'll play heavy rain. :p

Edit: my 100th post. uh-oh, it's happening..

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Terra's supposed to be my age, give or take a year.

I don't even look 19. I'm a sophomore in college and people think I'm a freshman in high school.

Realism doesn't apply to children born in 1991/1990/1989. Those kids are stuck in a timeloop. I am 19 and I get ages from 12 to 15/16.

Nor does it apply to KH characters. We are as trapped in time as they are.

Sempied

For being one of the most...well biggest characters in the series is where people are probably coming from with Terra's age.

On another note does anyone else want some cast interviews like what happened with KH2, and some sites did for FFXIII? I'd really like to see Willa, Nimoy, and Hamill perspective on Aqua, MX, and Eraqus. (Mainly Willa to see her actual interest in the role) and Jason already seems like he loved every minute of it, and Jesse sounds like he had fun as well.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

For being one of the most...well biggest characters in the series is where people are probably coming from with Terra's age.

On another note does anyone else want some cast interviews like what happened with KH2, and some sites did for FFXIII? I'd really like to see Willa, Nimoy, and Hamill perspective on Aqua, MX, and Eraqus. (Mainly Willa to see her actual interest in the role) and Jason already seems like he loved every minute of it, and Jesse sounds like he had fun as well.

That would be awesome, although the kh2 interviews were too short imo. I would also be interested in hearing what Bret Iwan has to say about voicing Mickey.

sonickenshin

Awards

That'd be nice. I'd like to see HJO's perspective on Vanitas too. Though that probably won't happen.

αsiя

space coke

That's if we can get the actual famous people to talk to us.

Sempied

αsiя;5237416 said:
If some internet radio was able to get Troy Baker, and Ali Hillis I think it'd be at the least pretty easy to get Jason, and Willa.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

αsiя;5237416 said:

And they aren't as famous as most other people. They can walk down the street and nobody would recognize them.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, that'd be cool. Although it'd be hard to get Nimoy... unless they record his interview while he was recording lines... that is to say if there IS an interview. Still, it'd be interesting to watch. I know I enjoyed the KH2 vids.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, that'd be cool. Although it'd be hard to get Nimoy... unless they record his interview while he was recording lines... that is to say if there IS an interview. Still, it'd be interesting to watch. I know I enjoyed the KH2 vids.

Nimoy might do an interview, if it is pitched to him the right way. He is pretty picky...but if he enjoyed his time with Disney while voice acting, he'd do it.

Sempied

Nimoy might do an interview, if it is pitched to him the right way. He is pretty picky...but if he enjoyed his time with Disney while voice acting, he'd do it.
I'm kind of shocked no one tried at E3 since he was there as the trailer was showing. Sure he wasn't with SE, but dang nabit why someone didn't at least bring up BBS in the interviews that did is entirely dissapointing, and sad.

DrunkBeardGuy

Totally off topic, but how do you "hide" spoilers in your post?

I can't seem to find anything that tells how to do it.

Thanks

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Totally off topic, but how do you "hide" spoilers in your post?

I can't seem to find anything that tells how to do it.

Thanks

[ spoilers ] *insert spoiler* [ /spoilers ]

^without the spaces between the brackets

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm kind of shocked no one tried at E3 since he was there as the trailer was showing. Sure he wasn't with SE, but dang nabit why someone didn't at least bring up BBS in the interviews that did is entirely dissapointing, and sad.

Nobody knew when E3 came around. Remember? Everybody said the trailer was fake and the press release was only a few days old. So Nimoy and a lot of main stream press didn't know about the leaked GameStop trailer.

It wasn't until the press release and then right after the E3 trailer played that it was known, but Nimoy probably had it in a contract that he doesn't have obligations to Disney or SE when it comes to events like that and it is his choice to say something or not if it is mentioned.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Nobody knew when E3 came around. Remember? Everybody said the trailer was fake and the press release was only a few days old. So Nimoy and a lot of main stream press didn't know about the leaked GameStop trailer.

It wasn't until the press release and then right after the E3 trailer played that it was known, but Nimoy probably had it in a contract that he doesn't have obligations to Disney or SE when it comes to events like that and it is his choice to say something or not if it is mentioned.

Even if it's in his contract that he's under no obligation, wouldn't it be some pretty good publicity for him if he did do an interview or talk about it in some manner? Not that he needs it (because, duh, he's Nimoy), but still, when you're in the entertainment biz, one would think that any publicity is good publicity.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Even if it's in his contract that he's under no obligation, wouldn't it be some pretty good publicity for him if he did do an interview or talk about it in some manner? Not that he needs it (because, duh, he's Nimoy), but still, when you're in the entertainment biz, one would think that any publicity is good publicity.

He's retired. Why would he need anymore "publicity" or anything?

Kind of sad... Master Xehanort is the last we'll ever hear of Leonard Nimoy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not really. Nimoy is retired so he doesn't need the publicity. I think that any attention drawn to him after his announcement of his retirement would pressure him out of it again like when Star Trek and the Fringe came around.

Which brings me here.

What if MX is in another KH game? What would we do then? Nimoy is in retirement...And I don't think he is as attached to KH like he is Star Trek. I don't think he'd come out of retirement just for little old Kingdom Hearts.

Sempied

Not really. Nimoy is retired so he doesn't need the publicity. I think that any attention drawn to him after his announcement of his retirement would pressure him out of it again like when Star Trek and the Fringe came around.

Which brings me here.

What if MX is in another KH game? What would we do then? Nimoy is in retirement...And I don't think he is as attached to KH like he is Star Trek. I don't think he'd come out of retirement just for little old Kingdom Hearts.
In this case i'd like to relate to Sean Connery whom later in 2003 after retiring with League of Extraordinary Gentleman; Came back to voice his infamous role as James Bond in the From Russia With Love videogame as to where he said that he'd be happy to come back if given the opportunity.

Or it won;t end up like that wishful thinking, and they'll either get a replacement, or use stock audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back