• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - The Drake Bell Speculation thread

I'm getting Josh Keaton vibes from the Master of Masters.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Anyone else think the Master of Master sounds kind of like Haley Joel Osment? His natural speaking voice is very close to his Vanitas voice, and the MoM sounds similar to Vanitas at points, particularly when he says "Unfortunately, you'll have to go alone from here."

Kurdistan

Why don't they get the actors in the same room when recording VAs? It's obvious they're just brought in to read out their lines as quickly as possible. There's no energy in the voice work and it just sounds really cheesy. Also, are those that write the dialogue for the characters tha are original creations different to those that write the Disney stuff?

The Disney stuff sounds awesome. It's idiosyncratic, the quality of acting is top-notch and it just sounds natural.

The voices for Aqua and the back cover film in the II.8 trailer just sound bad. Was I just less critical when I was younger? Or was it always like this?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Why don't they get the actors in the same room when recording VAs? It's obvious they're just brought in to read out their lines as quickly as possible. There's no energy in the voice work and it just sounds really cheesy. Also, are those that write the dialogue for the characters tha are original creations different to those that write the Disney stuff?

The Disney stuff sounds awesome. It's idiosyncratic, the quality of acting is top-notch and it just sounds natural.

The voices for Aqua and the back cover film in the II.8 trailer just sound bad. Was I just less critical when I was younger? Or was it always like this?
that isn y vocia actiing work in video game world yeah aqua needs some work which in the picture willa was aback to do redo lines backcover not bad i mean sure it oculd be worse i mean look at xv voices

sonickenshin

Awards

Yeah, it was pretty much always like this. The English side has their moments, but...for the most part it's always been pretty rough for the KH characters. The directors are more or less to blame for that to than the actors, though it might be the case of too many ideas bouncing around at once. Vocally, they're all pretty much fine....except HJO on 14 year old Sora.

The only time the Disney side was really rough the comes to mind was Re:coded

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Anyone else think the Master of Master sounds kind of like Haley Joel Osment? His natural speaking voice is very close to his Vanitas voice, and the MoM sounds similar to Vanitas at points, particularly when he says "Unfortunately, you'll have to go alone from here."
I dunno, I got more James Patrick Stuart when Master of Masters says "You're telling me that you think the world can be saved by just seven people?"

I honestly thought he was going to say "as if" at the end.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

you know who sounds like a good va for skuld rebecca shoichet espically her sunset shimmer voice is perfect match how i imagaine skuld voice be like

Ven_Roxas

Awards

Was drake bell ever confirmed?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Was drake bell ever confirmed?

No, but it's just funny to leave in the title because we all are like 99.9% certain it is Drake Bell and obviously he isn't going to confirm it is him until he's allowed. Who knows what his NDA says lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

No, but it's just funny to leave in the title because we all are like 99.9% certain it is Drake Bell and obviously he isn't going to confirm it is him until he's allowed. Who knows what his NDA says lol
"You're not Jesse McCartney, don't fuck up."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"You're not Jesse McCartney, don't fuck up."

Poor Jesse xD

Hey, at least this time its been Disney cast members who have spoiled things so far. Like Bill Farmer who will forever insist he recorded for KH3 and Jim Cummings who said he did his stuff for Pooh and Tigger.

I'm surprised Drake Bell hasn't slipped, but I think that is because he really respects Disney as his employer xD.

Ven_Roxas

Awards

I only asked because I watched TGJ (I know. Bad decision. I've been watching reviews and analyses of the new trailer) and he said "for those of you who don't know, the voice of young Eraqus is Drake Bell." And I know he can be wrong too frequently, so I was just checking that it wasn't confirmed and I just missed it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I only asked because I watched TGJ (I know. Bad decision. I've been watching reviews and analyses of the new trailer) and he said "for those of you who don't know, the voice of young Eraqus is Drake Bell." And I know he can be wrong too frequently, so I was just checking that it wasn't confirmed and I just missed it.

I'm glad you've made it back alive from watching that sh-

I like Drake Bell a lot. He's funny.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Look into Matt Lanter as the Master of Masters. Credit me and Ethy if you believe its him.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm surprised Drake Bell hasn't slipped, but I think that is because he really respects Disney as his employer xD.

He also just got out of jail, so he's probably not in a hurry to screw up.

Watch who you want, but for the love of god, don't follow his pronunciations for anything.

EPHEMERA ISN'T PRONOUNCED THAT WAY

Awards

He also just got out of jail, so he's probably not in a hurry to screw up.

Watch who you want, but for the love of god, don't follow his pronunciations for anything.

EPHEMERA ISN'T PRONOUNCED THAT WAY
1: What did Bell do to get thrown in jail?

2: How did TGJ pronounce Ephemera? Based on how he pronounced Dissidia and Theatrhythm[Don't know if I spelled it right] I can probably guess he pronounced it badly

Back