• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Princess and the Frog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Stereotypes don't have to be racist. However, being racist usually includes someone stereotyping.

It's in the bayou, where the African American population is notable, due to the history of the area and the current conditions. There are swamps because there happens to be a lot of warm, wet places. Alligators, fireflies, frogs; they all fit the setting, and considering the the story it works out kinda nice. The witchdoctor, again, fits in with history because of all the tellings of witchcraft a long time ago, and practicing of voodoo. The fact that it's so exaggerated is just meant to make it seem more "fun" than subtle, not to insult anyone.

kago

So Disney finally publicly shows their hidden racism....

I fail to see how Disney is being racist. If anything it's the opposite, a black princess and a latin prince. And like everyone says, it's stereotypes. And just about every cartoon in the world is based on stereotypes.

axelroxasxion91

I fail to see how Disney is being racist. If anything it's the opposite, a black princess and a latin prince. And like everyone says, it's stereotypes. And just about every cartoon in the world is based on stereotypes.

I agree, it was racist that there WEREN'T any black princesses until this movie. Btw, I didn't know the prince in this movie was Latin:confused:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
So Disney finally publicly shows their hidden racism....

How terrible of them to finally have an African American Disney Princess. How horrible of them to be accurate. They are so racist for finally give us nonwhite characters when we have spent the past decade bitching at them. You are one of the hundreds of pricks who can't be happy.

kago

I agree, it was racist that there WEREN'T any black princesses until this movie. Btw, I didn't know the prince in this movie was Latin:confused:

Prince Naveen was white at first, he had a light skin tone. But after so many people (mostly black people who claim they're not racist) complained about Tiana being with a white prince; so Disney gave him a tanned skin tone. And seem to take a lot of pride in themselves when they announced that is voice actor is Bruno Campos, who is Brazilian (Latino).

I like him being Latin anyways, because i'm Latino. :)

Last edited:

axelroxasxion91

Prince Naveen was white at first, he had a light skin tone. But after so many people (mostly black people who claim they're not racist) complained Tiana being with a white prince; Disney gave him a tanned skin tone. And seem to take a lot of pride in themselves when they announced that is voice actor is Bruno Campos, who is Brazilian (Latin).

I like him being Latin anyways, because i'm Latin. :)

Interesting, I never knew that. All this time I just assumed the fictional country he's from is an African country, but guess I was wrong:embarassed:

kago

For the people that haven't seen the movie yet. It's good! I loved every second of it. Great story, art, animation, voice acting. Disney truly did it again with 2D animation.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Oh great.
No w we have another whore to add and this time she's Black.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
my mom, sister,niece, and nephew saw this movie and they thought it was great...well my mother, sister, and niece, since my nephew is still an infant, but yeah i want to see this movie because i've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

Muse

you look atrocious
The Princess and the Frog is the bees' knees.

Just saw it today, and while this may just be the hype talking, but I think it's one of the best Disney movies that I've seen. :v

Desidarata

Saw the movie today, it. was. AWESOME. I loved it the characters were so full of life, it was funny, and it has great music. My fave character would have to be Ray, and Tiana is now my 2nd fave princess, right behind Belle.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I haven't gotten a chance to see the movie yet, but what I've heard of the soundtrack is amazing. Although I may get too lazy to go to the theater and just watch it online somewhere.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
I've watched the film, along with my friend, a few hours ago and we find it awesome! The storyline and the musical songs are epic and loved the whole variety of characters in there, especially Tiana, Naveen, Ray, Louis and others. The whole film is a funny, romantic, sad and scary by the way. I also find Doctor Facilier is, indeed an incredible Disney villain and after seeing his fate (I won't give spoilers here :p) near the end of the film, his has got to be the best unusual but...scary Disney Villains' death I've ever seen.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back