• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Princess and the Frog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

So it was good? I haven't seen it yet. but the commercials claim that it's the best disney movie since the Lion King. Does it actually live up to that hype?

It's a nice change from the 3-D spamming but it's not as good as the Lion King.

Choc

lol, nothing beats the Lion King in my book, but I'm glad to here it's good!
I don't think anything could beat Lion King either. Lion King is only one of two movies that has ever made me cry.
Since Princess and the Frog almost made me cry, I say that's a good standard!

kago

Glad to see that everyone likes it. And that it's #1 in the box office. Best movie of the year! =D
I have to disagree with you guys, it's more of a different taste, but The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie. I don't need to cry in a movie for it to be really good. But the Lion King is a good movie, and that's why it's one of the classics. I spotted so many things in the movie relating to other Disney movies, that was an extra fun part of the movie for me.

About the movie (behind the scenes): The Art of Princess and the Frog: Down in New Orleans with author Jeff Kurtti Animated Views

the voice behind Dr. Facilier: YouTube - The Princess & The Frog: Meet Dr. Facilier

On another note:

Roy E. Disney died on Wednesday in Newport Beach, California, he was 79 years old. Roy, who helped revitalize the famed animation division of the company founded by his uncle, Walt Disney, died at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian of a stomach cancer, a spokeswoman for the Walt Disney Company said.

Mr. Disney, who had homes in Newport Beach and the Toluca Lake district of Los Angeles, was the last member of the Disney family to work at the entertainment conglomerate built by his uncle and his father, Roy O. Disney. As a boy the younger Roy would play in the halls of his uncle’s studio, where animators often used him as a test audience as they toiled on movies like “Pinocchio.” As an adult he helped bring the animation studio back from the brink, overseeing a creative renaissance that led to “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Lion King.”
Walt Disney had planned a sequel to “Fantasia,” the groundbreaking 1942 film that used animation to interpret classical music, but he died in 1966 before he could complete it. His nephew, Roy, took over the project and made it his passion, spending nine years on its execution. “Fantasia 2000” sold about $91 million in tickets worldwide, a disappointing total given its cost and time commitment.
Survivors include his wife, Leslie DeMeuse Disney. He is also survived by his former wife of 52 years, Patricia Dailey Disney, and four of their children: Tim, Roy Patrick, Abigail and Susan Disney Lord; and by 16 grandchildren. Mr. Disney was a big fan of referring to the past to define the future. He told a biographer: “The goal is to look over our shoulder and see Snow White and Pinocchio and Dumbo standing there saying, ‘Be this good.’ We shouldn’t be intimidated by them; they’re an arrow pointing someplace.”

Source: New York Times

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I saw this movie today. I loved it. The art, the music. It was just so sweet, and at times sad. I will buy this as soon as it comes out on DVD. :3

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I actually saw this movie a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it. It was a nice change from live-action/3D only movies, and the music was great as long with the voice acting and the art. I definitely need to get this movie soon.

Rix

:)
Awards
The movie isn't in the movies yet over here :/ But I'm definately looking forward to it now! I'm really glad to see that you actually tthink it was good.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I keep listening to the songs on YouTube. So good, so catchy.

Lonbilly

Awards
I think I like Mama Odie's song and Dr. Facilier's song the best. Although the whole soundtrack is quite magical.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I actually like Tiana's song. The art-style is really nifty.

Lonbilly

Awards
Which one? Like, all of them, or a specific one like Almost There or Down In New Orleans? Or another one?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I can only remember Almost There. And the opening song.
But, yes, I was talking about Almost There.

Lonbilly

Awards
Well personally my favorite Tiana song is the last one she does, I think that one was Down In New Orleans or something.

Although I can't really Almost There. I need to go look it up again.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
i saw the movie twice and i loved this movie. My favorite song was friends on the other side.

salixon

Re: [Movie] The Princess and the Frog

and did you guys hear, theyre making a disney rapunzel.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: [Movie] The Princess and the Frog

I saw it a couple days ago. Was really good IMO. Not the best Disney film ever, but it's the best thing they've done in a while... outside of their Pixar films. ;D

Kiwi +

Awards
Well i went to see it with my friend..it was a cute movie and all..didn't bore me...which i thought it would..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back