• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This MIGHT sound stupid, but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Button Mash or Not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Mostly button mash, but I might fool around for a minute or two and try to time it, which is hard with alot of characters in Days btw

Key_of_Faith

I really think most of the game turns into a "button-mashing session", quoted from...I dunno.
It wouldn't feel satisfying if I just timed my combos or whatever.

keybladealex

For me, it's a little of both. In Days, I like some of the characters Y button moves so for them I wait for that, but in all the other games (not including CoM and Re: CoM where you really can't) I just button mash.

Katurian

When I first started playing Kingdom Hearts, all I did was button mash. Then I became more video game savvy and learned that if I timed the buttons you mashed just riiiight, then I could do fun moves and combos lawl. Now I try to be a more dexterous with my fingers and concentrate on making combos work and what not.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
in BBS i actually time my button presses but with KH2 if you trained your thumb to press buttons in your sleep, you could have beaten the game over night.

Kiwi +

Awards
I mostly button smashed in the earlier KH games. Though the most recent ones like Days and BBS, I been timing my attacks a little bit more.

zaqareemalcolm

Guys, I think you misunderstood my question. What I mean is like, lets say, you want to use the standard 3 hit combo. Do you like, mash X/A uncontrollably (<<<kidding) or do you press the buttons with timing? (eg. X-Hit-X-Hit-X-Hit)

Absent axel

They fully understood. :p

Anyway I button mash because It helps me think that I will deal more damage.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
When I first started playing kingdom hearts 1 years ago I used to, even though it was a bit weird cous the attacks were slow. but as I progresse Is started to time my attacks and actually think of what I was going t use. But when kingdom hearts 2 came out, lets just say that was a diferent story. My friend used to get impressed and ask me how to do all those things. lol.

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
Like many others, mostly button mash xD At least you hit your enemies that way, lol >D
Anyways, with the true boss battles (those which are harder) I tend to think more of my actions and time my attacks... since just yelling 'CHAAAARGE' and jumping on, let's say, Xehanort doesn't really work XD

Fallen Prince

Guys, I think you misunderstood my question. What I mean is like, lets say, you want to use the standard 3 hit combo. Do you like, mash X/A uncontrollably (<<<kidding) or do you press the buttons with timing? (eg. X-Hit-X-Hit-X-Hit)

Like I said, only with BBS did I actually have to time my hits

tomasmccann

Awards
After Chain Of Memories you kinda get used to timing the hits. Also, i time them because i also use magic combos and magic finisher hits frequently

PrinnyGod

Awards
I almost always time my hits, but not in KH2. Actually, when I started playing KH2 again, I tried not to button mash, but I actually did worse than when I did button mash. That's mostly KH2's fault, not mine.

heartlessgrl2

deppends if its like a boss level that takes me more then 6 times to beat i start planing it ahead and stuff but button mashings usally works but then you never really plan to use magic or stuff like that

State

Awards
This is my philosophy:
Why time something when you can button mash?
I only button mash those attacks that you can't button mash. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back