• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Updated: Utada Hikaru may resume activities in Spring 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Staff of Utada's website have made a new blog post clarifying that Sports Hochi's claim of a Spring 2016 album release are false, and that while production on the album continues, no official release dates have been set.

Staff Diary (JP) | Hikki's WEBSITE

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I find this kind of funny since this isn't the first time news hinting at Utada's return were proven false on way or another

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Staff of Utada's website have made a new blog post clarifying that Sports Hochi's claim of a Spring 2016 album release are false, and that while production on the album continues, no official release dates have been set.

At least the album is in production. It wouldn't hurt from her to just give Nomura just one song and from there lift off.

Uncertainkitty

They really need to get her for KH3. I don't care if they don't have her for KH4 and so on. But She needs to make a song for KH3 since its the final chapter for xehanort.

Sdog

Awards

Meh, as long as its coming. Plus the longer out it is the better chance of a KH3 song ^-^. Though it could always be a single =)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ah, true kingdom hearts nature. The album is most probably being worked on and no release in sight~

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Wasn't there also the thing that Utada disliked having to make English lyrics for songs she felt were originally made for Japanese ones?
Wasn't she rather dissatisfied with the English versions of Hikari and Passion?

I really want her to create a theme song for KH3. It doesn't even need to be translated into two different languages. Having her touch on the theme for KH3 would be phenomenal.

I don't understand why english lyrics are important to begin with, was it Disney that wanted the previous themes to be translated? Other themes from Square like 'Ballad Moving Towards Hope' from Bravely Default are in japanese and is a gorgeous ending theme that stands out on its own. I mean the majority that play J-RPG's usually are influenced by other japanese mediums anyway not to mention that this is the 3rd installment. If people have got this far already then I don't see a problem.

Though i see three reasons why it will continue to stay in english. One; consistency. Two; to appeal to the western audience that still haven't picked up the series and three; this isn't a pure J-RPG by square, it was the western mix that made this magical in the first place. Disney will make sure.

All the signs seem to be pointing in the right direction. Even if all these omens don't come to light, I'm eagerly waiting to see what she produces.

EchoFringe49

I hope that the new theme is more melancholic and nostalgic than the past two songs combined. I want to be hit in the feels hard when I first hear it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
when you walk away

to your sanctuary

please oh baby

OG TOND

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
She's back, our singing angel has come down from Heaven to give her divine voice to us mortals?

why is there a question mark? why the creppy in how you said it? very compelling, gonna need an utada soundtrack for my range of emotions

redcrown

Awards
I feel like a minority in thinking the DDD was the best because of how well they blended the orchestral music with the animation flawlessly. It felt more true to KH than the other intros.

I thought Simple and Clean was pretty okay and fitting, the slower non-techno version moreso. Couldn't stand the Sanctuary song TBH, too moany and angsty.
But if her next song is more similar to Simple and Clean then I'll look forward to it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I feel like a minority in thinking the DDD was the best because of how well they blended the orchestral music with the animation flawlessly. It felt more true to KH than the other intros.

I thought Simple and Clean was pretty okay and fitting, the slower non-techno version moreso. Couldn't stand the Sanctuary song TBH, too moany and angsty.
But if her next song is more similar to Simple and Clean then I'll look forward to it.

i agree with the first paragraph completely, slight disagreement with the second due to pure nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back