• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Versus XIII is Nomura's last FF, after that he'll focus on Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

Final Fantasy: Scattered Details On Final Fantasy Versus XIII

His name: Mr. 33 cms. That refers to, uh, his shoe size. Besides large feet, he also has a humorous fighting style. (Don't we all?) In a recent interview with Japanese game mag Gemaga, Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura dishes on Final Fantasy XIII. What we learn:

* Versus XIII has a myriad of combat types which incorporate styles from Kingdom Hearts and Dirge of Cereberus. The player's POV changes according to their weapon. So if you have a gun, the perspective might change to FPS. A sword could be third person.
* Nomura says he can't concentrate on two games at once. So after he finishes Versus XIII, he'll jump into Kingdom Hearts 3. Apparently, he'll incorporate elements of Versus into KH3.
* Versus will be the last Final Fantasy for Nomura, who wishes to concentrate on the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

If that Versus XIII combat system pans out as cool as it is in my head right now, that game seems very exciting. The key word here though is "if." And it always is. Brian Ashcraft

---

Sweet. I bet he'll still work on character designs for FF games, just not directing, but good thing he'll focus on KH now!

This "jump into" thing kinda sounds like KH3 is underway (though I bet not ready to show. Or if it is they'll just show a CG trailer with maybe a platform announcement though I doubt it).

Cissy

Bronze Member
Kinda old news.

But yes. Apparently he'll be putting his full attention on the KH series.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Well, that's good news. I am excited about Versus XIII (honestly it looks better than XIII). And if they're going to incorporate similar elements in KH3, then I guess...Sora's gonna have a gun?

Mr. 33 cms is one smexy beast.

A

Audo

Ah, well. It makes sense, Nomura loves KH more than he does FF.
But, the series has to end eventually, and when it does, i'm sure that he will switch over to FFs again.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Mm, that's good news.
There's still at least a year to wait, though. :/

Charlie K

Back in Business
Ya thats old, but still cool, it's good that he's going to incorperate some FF in KH, maybe KH will become a tiny bit more dark? Or just better over all, and I geuss this may mean KH won't end at 3...Darn.

A

Audo

Elements of Versus =/= Putting some FF in KH.
If anything, it would be things like the battle system and that.
And KH is already become darker, thankfully. *hugs Watanabe*

Charlie K

Back in Business
Elements of Versus =/= Putting some FF in KH.
If anything, it would be things like the battle system and that.
And KH is already become darker, thankfully. *hugs Watanabe*

Ya, but only with BBS, I found that KH1 is darker then KH2, which is kinda lame.
But ya, whatever.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Old, apparently, but still interesting.

So,what would he do by focusing in KH. (prepares for massive negarep) isn't he just the KH character designer (I guess some battle too) How much control does he wield?

A

Audo

Ya, but only with BBS, I found that KH1 is darker then KH2, which is kinda lame.
But ya, whatever.
No, with all of the games.

Old, apparently, but still interesting.

So,what would he do by focusing in KH. (prepares for massive negarep) isn't he just the KH character designer (I guess some battle too) How much control does he wield?
O_________O
He is the creator, director, character designer, and he writes the base story for every single game.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I'm looking forward to Versus that is if it isn't rated M (parents won't let me have M games) I saw all the blood in the trailer

And there was blood in FF:CC and it still got a T rating, it more likely will get bumped up unless it includes a good amount of gore somewhat similar to RE:4. Otherwise there's not much to worry about.

Lexeon

I'm actually looking forward to Versus because I want to be able to play it in real-time. I don't like turn based games that much...although, most are pretty good games.

MegamanX1331

If this is old news, it's still new to me.

That is kinda surprising, but I guess it makes sense.

So, FF's will be more Amano-based from now on, right?
That's cool in it's own way i suppose. I DO love his art...

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If it's so old, why wasn't it ever main-sited? I dunno. It sort of seems important to me.
Kinda confirms a KHIII, too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back