• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Visonairies: Knights of the Magical Light SignUps/OOC!!! ^^

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar Rush

A crazy sugared high idiot XD
has become lost in the world, due to sugar high. ^
The world of Prysmos. It used to be a modern world, full of modern wonders. And the most advanced technogoly and machines of its kind were a common sight amongst the people. Then something happened to the world to change all that. The three suns that the world had orbited most strangely becamed aligned with one another and suddenly all technogoly stopped working at once.

For awhile after that event, the world tried to get their modern ways revived but nothing they tried worked. So for years afterward, the world slowly sank into a state of decay. Communties/cities became shut off from one another as the lands became desolated with savage monsters and even more savage barbarians.

Out of the madness though, rose two 'kingdoms'. One was called New Valarak, which most people started to claim was a good, honest city to call home. It was lead by a man named Leoric, and his group who were called the Spectral Knights. The other kingdom was led by a somewhat petty tryant by the name of Darkstorm. He led a group of knights called the Darkling Lords. These lands were considered to be full of poverty and dispair, thus naturally the two kingdoms came to be natural rivals in their ideals and visions. The two have clashed with each other so much that the common folk are used to it.

After awhile of the fighting, and the land further decaying into a sad state of madness, a man named Merklynn came around, claiming that a Second Age of Magic had begun and that he was a wizzard who had a way for salvation. He performed feats of magic to all to prove his points, and called all and one to come to his keep on Iron Mountain. When all have gathered, he challenged all to climb to his keep, through all the horrors and traps that await them, to gain a special award.

Many tried and many failed. After the day was through, only two groups had made it through, which happened to be the Sprectral Knights and their bitter rivals, the Darkling Lords. Upon seeing them enter his most inner sanctum, Merklynn came through with his promise and gave them gifts of magic. Each of the knights there recieved a totem to call their own, to which they could change into at any given point of time. Some there had banners on their backs and those banners were granted magic of their own, where the owners could call upon great magical beings and be granted their strength. For those that had no banners, Merklynn granted them the ability to bring machines back to life via magic. But to those with banners he gave warning that they could only use them once. If they wished to use them more than that, they would have to return to his keep to recharge them. For a price. They would have to go on quests for Merklynn.

Feeling proud of themselves, they left Merklynn's keep, to continue their struggles against one another.

Time passed and now three young folk have arrived at Merklynn's keep. Having heard of his offer from afar, they had traveled a great distance, seeking him out to try to cure a most curious disease that was plauging their home. Thus when they arrived to start their climb, little did they know that their arrival would signal the shift of power between the Sprectral Knights and the Darkling Lords.

For one was destined to go to the Darkling Lords, while another was destined to go to the Spectral Knights, but one was destined to be neutral. Whichever side managed to claim him, would gain the advantage over the other and finally end whatever strife they had been enduring. Who will claim, only Merklynn knew, and he wasn't telling.....

OK!! ^^ hopefully that is a good opener!! XD its been awhile since i've been in the loop but hopefully i can run this RP with some skill.... XD

But alas, i can't be in it myself!! XD so *ahem* WELCOME!! ^^ this here is a visionairies rp! its a really old cartoon.

Basically, in this world, only two groups have magical ability, which i hope i explained well enough.. XD. They can use this magic to change forms, summon the beings in their banners/staffs and operate machines if they weren't lucky enough to own one. so here are the rules!! XD don't we just love them? XD

1. no godmodding or any of the usuall no no's.
2. poweplay can be allowed, IF you get permission from the party in question and in a way that i can confirm that you did ask and they agreed or whatnot.
3. Language shall be kepted at a decent leve of respectability. The occaisinal f bomb and whatnot is fine, but lets not make them appear every other word... >>
4. Grammar is a must. XD if i can't read it and understand your post... XD nothing is going to get done... XD the occaisinal spelling error or text speak is fine, but don't overdo it to where its super common... XD
5. Romance can happen, but PG13.
6. One to two character limit. There are some custom characters in this rp i will need, thus you can have two customs, two originals, or one of both. just two is the max. no more. >< i may allowed a third to be added to the roster, but if things go smoothly.. >>
7. Minimum of two paragraphs when posting!! :/ no one liners. and no double postage and whatnot. >< just don't make this difficult.. XD
8. If you make an original character with a banner/staff, please use one of the beings i will list. Or if you can come up with your own, run it by me and i'll most likely agree to it if it seems to be good.

Template for Original Characters:

Name:
Sex:
What they look like in their armor:
Personality:
Bio:
Totem(the mystical beast or animal they can change into):
Side(Spectral Knights or Darkling Lords. The neutral one shall be controlled by me... >>):
Ability(which is to say, if they have a banner or not.):
Weapon(s):
So that's for originals. The customs are as follows:

Leoric, the leader of the Spectral Knights. His totem is the Lion and he has a Staff of Wisdom. His weapon is a whip.

Darkstorm, the leader of the Darkling Lords. His totem happens to be called a Mollusk, which is some spiky snail thing. He has a Staff of Decay and his weapons is a handheld golden sycthe.

Ashley, one of the three youths. She has a sister that is currently in the Spectral Knights group, but that is all she knows. She has no memory of who her sister is, or what she looks like, but only knows that they were seperated at birth. She climbs to the top of Merklynn's keep to help her two friends bring back a cure to their plauged ridden home. She is destined to also join the Spectral Knights.

Darvin, another of the three youths. He is a big guy, lots of muscle, and some brains to match. He only came on this journey because of the whispers of how powerful the magics can be, and doesn't think they should squander the cure back home. His destiny is to fall in with the Darkling Lords.

Merklynn is a NPC. Anybody can control if they happen to need him. He shall not leave his keep until a certain time zone in the rp, which i'll be sure to let people know.

Now, the totems can be ANY MYSTICAL BEAST or plain animal that you want. But please be within reason. The totem also has to be in relation to your character. For Example, Leoric was given his totem the lion, because of how courageous he acted during the trial to the top. Darkstorm was given his mollusk because he fell down a well and somehow managed to wedge his way back to the top.
So the totem can be either a trait of your character, or how they managed to get to through the traps. Let your imaginations run wild, but not tooo much.. >>

Now as for the Banners, they can considered as such. But to be frank, i'll just use some examples.. XD For one, Leoric has the Staff/banner of Wisdom. After saying his chant, he activates an owl to come out of it and he can ask for it to give him great wisdom. As for Darkstorm, he says his chant and a thing comes out that he can sick on people or things and make them decay into death or old age.

So, to try to keep things simple, this here will be a list of the available enities that you can use. As said in the rules above, if you think you have a good one, run it by me. It just may get approved. The list is as follows:

Knowledge, Speed, Might, Fear, Destruction, Healing, Invulnerability, Fire, Water, Flight, Disease, Teleportation.

After choosing one of those above, or making your own, you must put your chant next to it. It doesn't really have to ryhme, but it has to make sense and be short and sweet. after all, you might need the being on a dime's notice. XD But remember, the staff/banner can only be used once! Otherwise you have to go to Merklynns place and charge it up with the possibilty of being sent on a quest. :D

And that's all for now!! ^^ i hope to see people join, and hopefully we can make this into a good RP!! ^^ Lets get to it! :D

Member's List

Leoric-
Darkstorm-
Ashley - Aliahya
Darvin-
Chris (neutral dude) - Sugar Rush

Original Characters

Renn Gurski (Spectral Knight) - Shinra X-2
Derek Kanter (Darkling Lords) - UsagiOkami
Dariosal Penwat (Spectral Knight) - Ralor Penwat
Iatros G. Rivitos (in progress) - King Wolfe
Giras Ralon’quel (Spectral Knight) - Jub Jub376

Claimed Banners:

Knowledge- Jub Jub376
Speed- On hold for King Wolfe as of the moment.
Might-
Fear- Shinra X-2
Destruction-
Healing-
Invulnerability-
Fire-
Water-
Flight- Sugar Rush
Disease-
Teleportation-

Last edited:

Aliahya

Bronze Member
I would love to join as Ashley, My template shall be up as soon as possible

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
"Refute reality, deny perception, beckon the cry of the wild and bask in the light shone by truth."

Name - Iatros (E-at-tros) G. Rivitos (Riff-it-tos)/ "G.I.R"
Sex - Male
Age - 17
Totem - Wolf, naturally. His Wolf form is as followed, rather than become completely animal-like he retains his human-like features such as standing upright. He grows larger and wider in size, his clothes change with him, the hoody becomes black fur, a pinkish chest is revealed, claws grow and a tail as well. Simple but it does the trick.
Side - Spectral Knights
Ability - Speed

Appearance -

Standing at approximately 175.2 cm (about 5'9'') Gir has shoulder length near golden brown hair, at it's ends his hair spikes downward perpendicular to each other - unless ruffled. With maturing, sharp facial features i.e; chin, eyes, cheekbones, Gir appears to be ahead of his age and to others looks like he is in his early 20s rather than an upcoming 17 year old. With green-bluish eyes that appear opalescence at different angles, his expression is cold and hard; his icy stare intent - unconscious or not - on intimidating whomever falls beyond his gaze. Clean shaven, and with a much more younger face that completely and utterly contradict his much more older features, sometimes his real age is obscured by the veil that is his expression.

He wears a light black hoody over a white shirt adorned with blue/redish hues of blobs and other 'artistic' creations. His sleeves fall past his hands leaving them hidden within the sleeves themselves, though he adjusts them to no end, he wears a hair tie around his right wrist, and a wristband over his left. With black jeans and heavy boots, he isn't one for discretion.

Appearance w/ Armor -

Appearing heavier and almost bulkier than usual the armor just seems like a burden rather than support, completely clad in black with specks of gray tossed around here and there. The armor is completely shell-like and covers his body, this suit is anything but slim and discrete, the heavy metal of the armor slams and shakes the floor as it walks, but it makes for a perfect defense. Despite how heavy the armor looks it is surprisingly lightweight calling for quick acrobatics and fast movements, Gir is able to navigate with the armor with ease not allowing it to weigh him down a bit.

At first glance the armor seems to be rustic and chipped, however upon closer inspection it is smooth to the touch, everything about the armor is illusory; it is meant to make the opponent underestimate him. Leaving no spot unexposed, he looks more robot than man. The helmet holds a large dark - polarized mind you - visor that covers the horizontal portion of his face, running across his eyes. Other than that, it is a perfect sphere calling for aerodynamically movements.

Personality -

Perfectly and irrefutable indifferent. Not seen as a leader or even as a hero type, the only times he engages in anything if he is interested in said activity, or if he is dragged into the activity. But he is lazy to no extent, he would rather do with the flow than do anything bothersome or annoying, despite this - however - he is loyal to his very core and exhibits leadership ability under pressure. Much more intent on solving puzzles than rigorous work, he likes to float on by.

Under pressure - in battle that is - he exhibits a much more different persona. Calculative and decisive his movements are planned out to the very step that he takes, which follows into his fight style; conservative. Understanding his limits he does better to avoid passing those limits and would much rather call it quits than severely harm himself. Sarcastic and indifference don't exactly mix well. We've seen these types before, the geniuses that look down on everybody, feeling themselves superior, he isn't like that at all.

He just doesn't want to be superior.

Weapons -

Lunar Abstraction-

A double-bladed sword that shines a deathly black and gold when light shines on it. The reach of the sword is abnormally long, however the hilt of the sword is weighted to compensate against the weight of the blade. The handle has skulls and half moons adorning it, and a lightweight chain attached at the end to commemorate his fallen comrades.

Bio -

At around the same time the schism between the two kingdom erupted third party groups emerged fighting for dominance over everything, including the two main kingdoms. One of these groups just so happens to be the Revolutionaries, Gir just so happened to be the leader of this group - despite his dismay towards leadership. Among the small third party groups the Revolutionaries happens to be the strongest of them, however they were no match against the two kingdoms. A skirmish between the Revolutionaries and another small group broke out into an all-out war, as the Darkling Lords and Spectral Knights jumped into the fray.

The Revolutionaries soon disbanded due to... unforeseen circumstances.

They were wiped out.

Gir being the remaining member of the Revolutionaries lashed out in anger against the Spectral Knights, however rather than being eliminated he hopped on the bandwagon and aligned himself with them. His more dominant personality surfaced within the Knights, he soon became indifferent and uncaring to the small feud, claiming it was too troublesome to keep up; when in reality he doesn't want to care because he doesn't want to lose anyone.

Sugar Rush

YAY!!!! ^^ some replies!! ^^ ok, lets see... *scans the posts* Ok, i'll be sure to keep an eye out for that template for ashley. ^^ and lets see wolfe.. *lookis at ur template* hmm.. :/ u have to redo ur bio a bit. XD for there weren't any third parties that had made it to the top at the same time as the Spectral Knights and the Darkling Lords... :/ so if you have him be a part of the rebel group before they climb to the top, thats fine. Just make sure that he joined the Spectral Knights before the granting of magic. ^^ And hmm.... i'm being a little iffy... :/ but ur magic form may have to change too... for in the original cartoon, they became the animal. They were just either the color of green light or blue light, depending which side they were on. :/ i'll think about it, and let you know if you have to change it for sure. But otherwise pretty good wolfe!! ^^ and good to see u again!! ^^

Sugar Rush

YEP! ^^ just look at wolfe's template! ^^ besides, i had thought i had made that clear... >> hmm... oh well.. XD can't hurt to explain myself. :p

yes, you can have both. for everybody recieved a totem. The banners on the other hand just happen to be strapped onto certain people's back when they made it to the inner sanctum where Merklynn was waiting.... XD

so yes. ^^ though you have to pick one from the list..... or if you have your own... see if its a ok one to use by asking me... >>

and oh wolfe.... XD i just realized you also forgot to put in the qoute for the banner of Speed. :eek: if you can't come up with a qoute, i'll supply the one that they used in the cartoon. ^^

and soon i'll have my template up.. >> as soon as im done being distracted by a tv/ps3 combo attack... XD

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Sugar Rush I'm don't think I'll be able to do much until Wednesday, sorry for the trouble but as soon as I get back I'll edit my temp all right?

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
I gonna join but first I has questions! You say "mystical" in regards to totems, this mean we can turn into something like a Sphinx? Or was mystical merely referring to that fact that it is quite mystifying that they can even do this?

In order to reach his keep people had to go through all the challenges and whatnot, must they do that EVERY time they go back up to Merklynn's place? Or is it just the first time and then they manage to go in through the back door? Also if the first is the answer then approx how long would it take someone to make it up to his keep? Would the traps stay the same or would they change?

What exactly is the aim of each group? Obviously to stop the other but to what degree? What is eachs ultimate goal? I can't be sure which team I want my templates to belong to unless I know what they are going to be working towards. Just the other one to be stopped and defeated? Or the ultimate annihilation of the other group? Or something else entirely?

Sugar Rush

I gonna join but first I has questions! You say "mystical" in regards to totems, this mean we can turn into something like a Sphinx? Or was mystical merely referring to that fact that it is quite mystifying that they can even do this?

In order to reach his keep people had to go through all the challenges and whatnot, must they do that EVERY time they go back up to Merklynn's place? Or is it just the first time and then they manage to go in through the back door? Also if the first is the answer then approx how long would it take someone to make it up to his keep? Would the traps stay the same or would they change?

What exactly is the aim of each group? Obviously to stop the other but to what degree? What is eachs ultimate goal? I can't be sure which team I want my templates to belong to unless I know what they are going to be working towards. Just the other one to be stopped and defeated? Or the ultimate annihilation of the other group? Or something else entirely?

some good questions usagi!! ^^ so lets see here... hmm... *scans ur post* as for your first question, it can be considered as both. ^^ in the cartoon, some of the animals that the darkling lords could turn into weren't really 'modern' animals... XD one could turn into a flying dinosaur for pete's sake... >> so long as the mystical animal has to do with how u passed the challenge, or a quality of the person. ^^ next question... *looks again* ok.. the challenges... yeah. once the two groups had made it through the first time, they were allowed to come in the front door without having to go through all the traps again. The traps are only for those that are going up top for the first time to receive the magic and whatnot. ^^ so yes, all but the three new kids that are climbing the keep are allowed to go in/out without problems.

next... *looks a third time* ok. pretty much the aim of both groups was to rid the world of their rival's 'evil' The Spectral Knights wanted the world to be peaceful and whatnot, while the Darkling Lord's are pretty much the typical 'rule with total control/whole world' tactics. But as far as they can remember, both sides have been equal in strength/talent, so neither has given much up to the other side. So yeah... >> one side has to go... while the other gets to stay and do their thing. ^^ but that don't mean a plot twist or two aren't in the works! ^^ *wink wink*

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
“There are those who are with the Light, and wield its power. I, unfortunately, am the anomaly. The Light is my ally, though it is the Darkness I wield. Kneel before me, or you will be knelt. .”

Name: Giras Ralon’quel
Title: “The Sheil’attahn.”
Sex: Male

Age: “Where I am from, I was Eldest, living for nearly ten thousand years. Here, I am no more than thirty-five.”

Appearance: Standing at around 6’7 feet tall, his semi-muscled, thin frame is draped in robes of the softest, sin-black velvet, and supple leather boots nearly silence his footsteps. Fiery emerald-green coloured eyes peer out from beneath long, black hair that hangs to his shoulders, concealing pointed ears.

Silver runes are stitched into the black robes, with a full circle sewn at the central top of the hood, which Giras keeps pulled over his head. On his left shoulder perches a raven, his familiar, and he grips a staff in his right, silver-tinted hand.

What they look like in their armor: Giras assumes the form of a sleek, black and red armored knight, bearing a blade that shines with a cold light. He retains his abilities and such while wearing the armor.

Personality: Cold, unforgiving, brimming with wisdom and intelligence, Giras is an avid user of magic, though he takes part in the brutal melee combats of fighting. He believes in a higher truth, that everyone can make their own choices, and take control of their destiny, and serves the Spectral Lords, though he cares naught for them. He seems as though he carries someone alongside him, though he is, in fact, alone. Typically of a brooding nature, Giras prefers to work alone, though he can work together if necessary. Hating large crowds, he ever rarely goes out in the daylight.

Bio: Appearing from a mystical portal from beyond, years before the Struggle for Merklynn’s Keep, and a few years after the Technological Breakdown, he allied himself with the Spectral Knights. Giras thought most of their aims were of good taste to his liking; he still thought both the Spectral Knights and the Darkling Lords were nothing more than five-year olds fighting over toys in the battle.

When the Knights entered the Keep, Giras was awarded the Raven Totem, or rather, he took it without question. Since then he has remained secluded in the Spectral Knights’ headquarters, often taking long walks in the moonlight, observing the stars. Very few people notice him during the day, however, when he rarely leaves his quarters to go hunting for various items.

Totem: The Raven
Side: Spectral Knights

Ability: Knowledge “It is the cup from which I sip, the Key to unlock the Door of the Mind. .”

Weapon(s):

Eza’tier, the Staff of Eternal Nightmares – A black wooden staff with an emerald orb clutched in the grip of a silver, rune-carved, dragon’s claw. The Orb itself often hums with light, and on Giras’ command, may light up. It has several capabilities known to Giras only, and serves as a conduit for his advanced spells, incantations, and rituals. Used by Giras when he is not in his armor.

Zhar’shandar, Blade of the Abyss – An intricately-worked blade, featuring a golden wire-wrapped hilt, with crimson rubies set into the crosstree hilt. The sword is a typical half-and-hander, and the word Ezechel runs vertically down the blood channel of the blade. Used by Giras when in his armor.

Last edited:

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Apologises if this has been clarified previously but a quick question

Would Ashley have a totem/Banner, at the beginning of this RP?

Sugar Rush

well, usagi, those templates don't finish themselves... XD and i hope that the ones that are floating come down to earth sometime soon... XD

and OOOUUU!! TEMPLATE!! ^^ let's see here.... *looks at it* hmmm.... having the bird on the shoulder might stretch things a bit... but i'm cool with it... let's see.... now how far ahead of the merklynn's keep even did he appear at? if he appear like five seconds after the end of the technogoly, that's a no go.. >> but all in all, seems good! just clarify what time frame he came in and ur good! ^^

and to answer your question aliahya, no. >> she is just starting the climb to the keep on iron mountain. so she nor the other two will have a banner/totem as of yet. but if you want you can claim a banner for when she does get her totem. and you can also say in your template what her totem is going to be when she gets through, but then u may run into the risk of changing ur mind when she makes it through. ^^

hopefully that answers ur question. XD

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Ashley, one of the three youths. She has a sister that is currently in the Spectral Knights group, but that is all she knows. She has no memory of who her sister is, or what she looks like, but only knows that they were seperated at birth. She climbs to the top of Merklynn's keep to help her two friends bring back a cure to their plauged ridden home. She is destined to also join the Spectral Knights.

Name:
Ashley

Sex:
Female

What they look like:
Her hair is long, thick and almost delicate in presentation, it stops at the mid of her back, tied in a pony tail most of the time. Her hair is white. A soft rounded face that is complimented by two deep, endless, midnight blue eyes. She gives of an aura of innocence with a smile that makes most people melt when they see her. Moving down her thin neck to her body, which is thin and dainty for that of someone her age. She normally wears brown shorts, with a white singlet. That oddly highlights the scar that appears under her neck. Her shoes are hiking boots that are well worn, lace up that is just above her ankle.

On her hands she wears a pair of fingerless gloves that she can never be found without. She holds another scar on her right shoulder that she has no recollection about. Around her neck is a scarf that her Grandmother knitted her before she died. It is maroon.

What they look like in their armour: (announced later)
Her armour is white, trimmed with a gold lining. With arm cuffs and shin cuffs, it is sleak and allowed for easy movement. She has a helm that too is white. It is crafted from very strudy material and does not scuff easily.

Personality:
Curious and adventurous with a headstrong attitute and once she has a goal she will stop at nothing to achieve it. She feels for the plauge that has takn many of her family and friends, and she herself wishes to rid of it herself. She is always up for a practical joke, therefore her maturity is questioned. Yet in saying that, she understands the importance of respect. She does not speak freely of her past, and finds talking about herself difficult, therefore listening to other people a hobby of her own. She loeved her father dearly yet knows he kept many secrets about the world from her. She is naive and innocent, who tends to bring out aspects of people they didnt know of. Her biggest fear is death. She cares deeply for her friends and the people who show her kindness.

Bio:
From an early age, Ashley was a courageous and adventurous girl, who fear never struck. She explored the forests and climbed the highest rocks around her home. With only her father’s guidance Ashley lived in a world she was very happy and very proud to live in.

Yet one day her father left for the day, and in her fifeteen year curious mind she explored the “forbidden room” of her home. This room was always locked, and her father had last beaten her when she tried to open it last, but after much sneaking about she had found the key and her plan was to explore whatever was in there.

As she twisted the key, and unlocked the door she found a small table that held an aged book and a map. She looked at it to her dismay finding no words she understood in it...but a letter none the less.

“My dearest sister Ashley...
I send this letter in great fear of its interception as our enemy, the Darkling Lords are everywhere-”

The letter was torn and burnt except for the words above. The map was of Prysmos, yet a large inked circle surrounded a mountain that was written “ANSWERS-MAGIC-MERKLYNN” As she heard her someone re-enter the house she quickly closed the door and ran out too meet them. Although it was not her father, but a doctor informing her that he had admitted himself to a hospital, and died from a plague they could not stop.

For the next two years, people around her died from this plague that attacked every man, woman and child. Her and her best friends (Darvin and Neutral) were some of the lucky few that had resisted the plague for now.

On her nineteenth birthday she came to each of her friends and told them she was leaving...she would be going to Merklynn to find a cure, somehow both agreed to come with her, for their own reasons naturally.

So as it begins they walk all over the country in search of the infamous Merklynn, to cure their home from the most curious of diseases.

Totem
(To Be Announced)

Side:
Spectral Knights

Ability:
Healing "When suffering and pain consume the world, i will stand, my light will shine"

Weapon(s):
Ashley has never had any use for weapons, yet before her fathers death he trained her in combat in regards to a staff. Therefore upon her journey towards the keep, it is all the weaponry she carries with her. It is wooden with some well used grip at the ends of each side. Holding no magical properties whatsoever.

A sword: attached to her waste is a double edged sword, that was made for her by the blacksmith in the villiage she lived in. It is lightweight and perfectly balanced. A yellow stone is in the middle of the handle that sometimes emits a golden glow. Although unsure, the swords glow is due to a charm that protects the weilder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back