• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Waiting for the Gods

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked

absurdiam
WaitingfortheGods.png

"Even against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain." - Friedrich Schiller

________________________________________________________________________________________​

Judgment; the God of the Gods. He pondered in his room, walking backwards and forwards, the white walls becoming more and more boring as each day passed. He walked outside and into the briefing room, his favourite part of the Sanctuary. He walked over to his chair an sat with his face in his hands. Waving his hand, Judgment created a large globe in the middle of the room. It was the Earth, but not just a picture. It was moving. It was like he was literally looking down on Earth from out of space; a tiny living model of the world. He watched it with pure boredom. He had recently just sent the Good and Bad Gods to Earth so they could sort out there shit but as much as Judgment thought about it, he knew it wouldn’t change much and sooner or later, they’ll all end up fighting again. So, what’s the solution? But he had a great solution.

He closed his eyes and channelled his voice into all the Neutral Gods heads, "I need everyone in the briefing room immediately"

And so, the games begin and the world as we know it will change forever.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
"And that'll be all that Tokogae has to officially say on the matter. Any questions?"

Hands shot into the air like birds taking flight, unanimously squawking into the sky as if signaled by some unknown source. Ian Fragilis grinned slightly to himself at that imagery, placing his left hand solidly on the podium as he ran his right fingers through his black hair. This was how it always was in these public debacles. You make a statement and then the scavengers descend to feed on the meat you threw to them. As Ian's brown eyes traveled from eager reporter to eager reporter, he shut his eyes for a single moment, quietly retreating into himself for a moment as he gathered his thoughts.

Alright... you've made the statement. Answer a few questions, and then get out. Let the lawyers handle the rest. You're just the poster boy today... Hope for a quick resolution to all this...

"Alright," Ian said, eyes opening with a snap, leaning back, shoulders relaxing beneath his white dress shirt as he raised his right hand, pointing at a reporter close to his right, "You sir?"

The man stood up, lifting a microphone quickly as he smoothed out his suit's tie. His blue eyes flashed ravenously; a look that Ian recognized all too well.

That's great... he's fishing for dirty little secrets. Sorry bud; not gonna be your catch for today

"Well Mr. Fragilis, we're all well aware that TKGE is the growing pioneer in the innovative field of science, particularly quantum and astrophysics. What makes you think that TKGE would not commit these acts that they've been accused of?"

There was a murmur in the room as the reporter made his blunt statement, whispering for a moment before quieting quickly, awaiting Ian's response. The pulse clicked up a notch in Ian's head, and he felt a slight bead of sweat run down his side. But his eyes sharpened as his response came in a cool, collected manner.

"TKGE is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and the exploration of this reality. Everyone working here is well aware of the responsibility of our actions; the ethical responsibility that comes with what we do. Any accusations made to the contrary are not only lies, but shameful slander. Next question?"

As the man sat down, obviously unsatisfied, Ian caught another hand, a slender white one near the back. He sighed a bit to himself, raising finger and pointing to the far back. "Yes m'am?" The woman stood up, and there was a bit of a sudden silence that took the room. Ian caught a flash of blonde curls, and even from across the room, he felt those piercing blue eyes penetrate him to his core.

Great... a bombshell... keep it cool Ian...

"Mr. Fragilis," she spoke, her voice smooth, like water lapping through a gentle stream, "What do you make of the witness accounts then? The ones who claim to have evidence suggesting that TKGE may be involved in serious criminal activities?" Every syllabelle rang with succulent inquisition, and Ian couldn't help but grin a bit sheepishly, scratching the back of his head slightly as the words came stumbling out.

"The evidence presented by these witnesses has yet to be confirmed and is circumstantial at best. I have faith in these people ma'am, and I can assure you that TKGE's research falls well within the realm of what the Constitution allows. I think I'll let the courts resolve the rest. Anyways, that's all the time we have for today. Thank you for coming, and have a nice day." There was a scattered bit of polite applause, and the reporters began to shuffle amongst themselves as they prepared to leave the meeting room. Ian stepped down from the podium, pushing his fingers through his black hair as he gave a little sigh, glancing back at the reporters, who were already all buzzing the audio files back to their bosses.

Terrible timing; what with all the stuff going down abroad, this law suit better get settled quickly. People will say anything to make a quick buck these days...

Jax-Oh1

Multi-Demension King
Rain poured down from the sky, blocking out the sun. People rushed by, hurrying out of the rain. I'd been about a day or so since it started, and some thought it was gonna start flooding if it rained much longer.

However, there was one guy, who instead of huddling up and rushing too fast, who strolled along at an average pace. His coat's hood was soaked, as was his backpack, but he took his time, ocationally glancing upword, only to get splashed in the face. He had been looking up in the sky all day, trying to spot even a small break in the clouds.

Finally, in one of his looking up, he finnally saw it. The slightist sliver of sky in the distance. Smiling, He picked up his pace and continued on his way.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Plague took a sip of water while sitting on the edge of a bed. It did the body good...that is to say, if the body of gods can go bad. Really, drinking water was more of a game; reenacting what mortals do for fun. As far as he could tell, there were no negative consequences from eating and drinking. He should really test that out, and he vaguely wondered why he hasn't thought of it before. Surely he wasn't the first to wonder this? Nah, the "Good" and "Bad" gods were sent to Earth thinking they were humans, which meant they had to eat and drink regularly for a change. Naturally Good old Judgment and Mind thought that through.

"I need everyone in the briefing room immediately"

Chive blinked. That'd be Judgment. Chive...he rather liked that name. It reminded him of some kind of toxin. Slowly he stood from his bed and stretched, cracking a few bones here and there.
He mused to himself if he could say he was sick and blow off the meeting... Nah. Even if it was a somewhat good joke, this wouldn't be the best time for jokes. Chive walked out into the briefing room. Oh gods it was bright out here. There was Judgment, probably judging Earth again.
"Hello there." Chive--he really did like that name--said happily. Then he frowned.
We need chairs, he decided. Or at the very least, beanbags.

Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
Aiden leaned back in his chair, the front two wheels slightly lifting off of the ground. He had a pencil in one hand and a ball in the other. The pencil was twisting in between his fingers, a skill he learned in middle school. With the ball, he was tossing it at the wall across the room, only to have it bounce back into his hand. Precision, a skill he earned on his baseball team senior year. His head was bent back, staring upside down out the large window that occupied the wall behind him. "Beautiful scene." He whispered, catching the ball in his hand, and tossing it once more. "Even upside down." Aiden said, catching the ball for the last time before dropping it. The pencil in his hand spun out and landed on the floor as well.

Aiden sat up straight, fixing his tie. "Life is so boring leading the company." He murmured, tilting his head to the side to crack his neck. "All I do here is sit, sign papers, and toss this damn ball around." Aiden stood up. "WHEN AM I GOING TO GET SOME FUCKING EXCITEMENT AROUND HERE!?" He yelled, stomping on the ground, his foot landing on the ball. He slipped from underneath it, landing hard on the floor. "Great form of excitement." He whispered to himself.

Last edited:

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
Kale slept snuggly under his blanket on a bed rather messy in a room even messier. He was smiling as he slept, he was dreaming about laying down on bed of flower in the middle of large meadow. Watching the clouds float along with some small birds flying around like they were in love with one another. "Mmurmmr" he mumbled in his sleep like he was a baby. Kale was about to pet a bird until he opened his eyes. Kale sighed, sad he was away form his sanctuary which was actually a dream. Kale sat up on his bed, rubbing his eye. His nose was blocked and he had a sickly expresion on his face. "I wish I could go out and say hi to all my freinds" he looked out the window that was looking over his bed, the streets were packed. "Hmm...need to think of a reason to go out..." Kale thought and thought before noticing how hungry he was. "Ah! I have to get some chicken soup! perfect reason!" He jumped out of bed and looked at himself. All Kale was wearing was his boxers that had a small blue flame elbem at the top were the buttons were. "Hehe, I better not go out like this, I remeber the last time I did that" Kale blushed as he remembered how he walked up to his freind only wearing his boxers and since most of his freinds were girls, it didn't turn out too well. Kale walked over to his closet and pulled out a long sleeve shirt, a jacket, some baggy pants and a beanie he hadon the top shelf. He slipped on every peice of clothing and took a scarf from his drawer along with some socks. "There, nice and toasty" he said to himself smiling when he looked in the mirror. Walking out the door and down the hall, he said hello to his neigbours who were heading back to their apartments with bags of food, they happily replied back. When he finally reached the bottom floor he opened the front doors and smelt the fresh air. Taking the shoes fomr the rack near by he walked out and headed for the super market.

Stark

Bronze Member
A white hall lay before him in absolute silence. The hall seemed like it went on forever, but Travis knew that it couldn’t, it was impossible. Walking down the hall, Travis idea on that matter began to change. The hall could have gone on forever, who was there to stop it? Surely not Travis, since he didn’t even know where he was. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Or was this just a hall? Questions flew around Travis brain as he began to pick up his pace and eventually start to run. From a distance Travis could see a light, and with a sigh of relief Travis picked up his pace even more and with a sudden burst of speed, Travis ran into the light. Covering his eyes to hide the amount of light that would seemingly be in the room, Travis hears a voice. “Took you long enough Greed” Slowly taking his hands away from his eyes, Travis stood in a white room with 19 others and an empty seat. Where the hell was he?

Travis wakes up in a sudden panic, sweat dripping from his dark black brows and falling onto his bare chest as he sits up in the bed. The room he was sleeping in was huge it had two long windows on the right side of the room letting in the golden sunlight in and they also led to a balcony. The direction Travis was facing held a HD-TV which was mounted on a wall directly above a drawer. The left side of the room held more drawers and some jewelry cases on top of them. Right next to Travis king size bed was two small drawers on each side, one with an alarm clock on it and the other with a can of beer.

As Travis slowly regained his self after that dream, he leaned over to his right side to look at the time. 8:04 blinked on the alarm clock which was definitely wrong since Travis always made sure the clock was 10 minutes fast, which meant the alarm clock would ring in 6 minutes. Travis hated that sound, but he did have a bad sleeping problem and he couldn't wake up without it some days. Slowly easing his way out of his bed, Travis walks over and hits the alarm clock button so he wouldn't have to deal with the ring and then proceeded his way over to the windows. Travis slid them open and stepped onto the balcony which overlooked his garden. The garden held a fountain in the middle, which Doves turned into their bird bath and flower bushes lined up in a square pattern around the fountain. With a deep sigh Travis stretched out horizontally and made his way back into the house, leaving the windows open to feel the breeze. With another quick glance at the time which read 8:10, Travis knew he had to hurry and prepare for school.

Jumping into the shower and heading back into his room, Travis began to dress. Throwing on a white t-shirt a pair of socks and some boxer briefs from the drawer below his TV and a pair of dark blue jeans from the drawer on the left side of the room, Travis was almost ready to leave. Making his way downstairs Travis grabbed an apple from a bowl which held an assortment of fruits in it and then made his way to a closet near his door. The closet had jackets line up neatly on hangers and sneaker boxes on the floor. Taking the top box which held his black sneakers in them, and grabbing his favorite coat Travis went to sit on the couch. As he put on his sneakers, Travis took a huge bite out of his apple, going so far as to hitting the pit. He hated doing this, since the seeds were disgusting and would turn him off from eating the remainder of the apple. Jumping back up to his feet and tossing the half eaten apple into the garbage can across the room, Travis took his jacket and made his way into a side door which led into his garage. The garage held 5 sports cars and two motorcycles. Travis loved vehicles and these were just a few he had because all of them couldn’t fit in his garage. Making his way towards his cherry red Ferrari Travis grabbed a pair of keys which hung on the walls key rack. Travis got into the car and clicked the button in the car which opened up the garage door, and then picked up his cap which sat in the passenger seat. After that all that time, Travis was finally ready to leave and with his last action he put the keys into the ignition and drove off.

Wicked

absurdiam
Tegan woke up in her overly sized bed and stretch herself out, exercising the muscles that had also been asleep for so many hours. It made her yawn and she put her hand to her fast wiping the sleep from her eyes. She flipped onto her stomach and grabbed her phone from the bedside table, flipped it open and checked for messages. None. Oh well. There was knock on the door and someone entered, “Madame, it is time for you to start getting ready for school now. It’s your first day; you wouldn’t want to be late.” But she knew this and waved him away. She got up, showered and dressed into her school uniform. Disgusting that they make you wear these. So she decided to take it off and wear something else more fashionable.

Leaving out the door she told the person outside to make her bed and ran down to the limo. At school, she stepped out of the limousine; the air was swarming with the smell of leather, school books and body odour. Simply disgusting. She walked in and straight to the principal’s office and sat in the chair. She crosses her legs and says, “So, I hope that my timetable is finished and that you have reserved my table in the cafeteria. Plus I want my text books delivered to my locker. Thank for understanding.”

“Um, Mrs. Ai. You will need to change into your Uniform.”

“Excuse me? Do you know who I am?”

“You might be a special person in the big world, your father has made sure of that but you are equally as special as everyone else that attends this school. You will need to get that into your head before going to your first class.”

Stunned, Tegan moved toward the door and walked to her class with her head down, tears streaming from her eyes.

Akans

「moriya」
Xin Re peacefully opened her eyes into the blinding sunlight streaming into her room. The clock read exactly 8:0:03, 3 seconds after 8 o'clock.

She did it. That'll show those arrogant psychologists.

Xin Re gracefully uncrossed her legs and stood up, stretching, before quickly slipping into the bathroom for a shower. She had meditated the whole night rather than sleep, and had counted every second since 8 pm yesterday. She had been able to time every second perfectly and wake up at exactly 12 hours after she had started.
Plus, she felt great. Maybe she should do this every night.

On a challenge from a visiting psychologist, she had attempted something like this one a smaller scale, but this was the first time she did something as long as 12 hours. Her mind felt stable and her emotions were balanced. Mind over matter, the power of the subconscious. Meditation was an incredible tool for focusing the mind.

8:08:42. Xin Re lightly ran down the apartment stairs and towards her school, already planning her paper she was going to write. A formal tone that emphasized credibility over success would work best...

Passing the supermarket, she noticed one of her classmates, Kale, nearby. Filing away her notes for her paper mentally, she waved to Kale, changing direction towards the market as well. A coffee in the morning wouldn't hurt.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Once tucked behind her ear Ari held her permantent marker in her right hand moving it softly on the wall of the coffee shop that was in the market square. Line. . . Line. . . Curve. . . shade . . . Line As she began to loose herself in her image

A white room glowed . . . empty chairs . . . an aging man . . . a sudden jolt

Taking a step back, Ari had drawn exactly whay she had seen but a little more edged out. Shaking it off, she proceeded to write the name of the coffee shop in bolded letters once finished she walked into the shop. The Manager with her dull brown eyes greated her

"Your artwork's done" Ari's voice said in a bored tone

"Excellent" The woman handed over one hundred dollars cash, taking it she shoved it in her back pocket.

She looked around once more before she proceeded to walk out. Not realising a girl a little younger then her walked quickly around the corner Ari holding her permo marker. Ran into her falling onto her butt she swore loudly looking blankly at the girl whom she just ran into her brown hair and innocent face

---

Life stood in the garden of the Gods, tending to the beautiful roses that bloomed out of season. Proud she was of their beauty. Her over sized sun hat sat upon her spikey white blond hair that skimmed her neck lightly.

"Well my sweets what shall we listen to today?, the ocean breeze? the desert storm?"

The plant around her seem to edge closer to her, others blooming immediatly at the sound of her voice "My dears my dears, patience is the key, for without the wait no life is able" as she said the the flowers retreated to their original state

"I need everyone in the breifing room immediatly" a voice sounded in her mind. Judgement she thought "What are we going to do with him, my sweets" she touched a decaying leaf as it bloomed bigger and more healthy then ever.

She walked her feet dirty, but her cotton dress not even the slightest of mark upon it. Life walked into the hall, looking at Judgement Taking her spot next to Death and Mind she smiled towards him. . . Looking at him, she tilted her head "Judgement my dear, what is the rush, patience is the key to a happy life" she gave him a meaningful smile as she waited for her reply

Last edited:

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Kateus sat at a small round table, a small coffee at her side, half gone already. She attempted to read her textbook, but watching the patrons of the coffee shop prooved far more interesting. The customers of her campus' coffee shop never failed to entertain. Kateus leaned on the edge of her table to prop up her head as she watched, but the table lurched and a bit of coffee splashed onto the table. She cursed silently, wiped up the coffee, and leaned back in her chair instead to watch the crowd.

There were the quiet ones, who slipped in and out barely saying a word, or who took a table and peered up from their books and coffee cups, watching and waiting for a familiar face.
There was the occasional raucous crowd of giggling girls who burst in to order their tall-soy-double shot-no whip-whatevers and discuss the latest gossip on campus. Kate rolled her eyes.
Then there were the couples. Dear gods. As if there weren't enough crazies all over campus gluing their lips together as it was. "Take it somewhere else..." she whispered to herself.

She decided to turn to her textbook again. She did have a test in a few hours, after all. She leaned on the edge of the table again to peer over her book with her head in her hand, but the unsteady table lurched again, and this time, the coffee landed on her book and began dripping at a rapid pace onto her shirt.

"Shit!" she yelled to herself. She quickly pushed back her chair, and started to fight her way towards the napkin dispenser.

Last edited:
Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
Aiden lay on the floor, not feeling the need to get back up after falling. There had been a throbbing pain in the back of his head for a little while, and it had recently stopped. "Finally." He whispered calmly. "This fall gave me one nasty headache." Aiden stood up, feeling his head was fine enough for the lightheadedness that followed his quick standing. He walked to his desk, swaying to the side slightly, due to the rush of blood throughout his head. "Now. If I could jus-" His words were cut off from a knock at the door. "Come in!" He yelled to the door, sitting down at his desk.

"Mr. Roberts. Your jet is here. We're ready to take you to the school." It was his assistant.

"Which school?" Aiden sighed. "There's about a million of them. His assistant looked through a list of papers.

"The school named after your grandfather. You're going to give a speech about public safety." The assistant said, eagerly awaiting Aiden's response.

"Ah. That school. I forgot that was today." Aiden said, grabbing the ball that had recently made him slip. "Let's go." Aiden whispered, walking past his assistant.

The jet ride was fairly quick, and Aiden was soon walking up the stairs to the front of the school. "Remember sir, these kids are fairly older, so you're not dealing with children exactly." Aiden's assistant said, walking close behind.

"I got this Alan." Aiden said, opening the doors to the school.

ZackFair

"When is this going to end" Eau thought as he laid in bed watching the rain pour out of his window. "These dreams"..."what could they mean" Eau said to himself.

He has been having the same dream for months now. In his dream he is standing. Just standing on what looks like a hill above the city. The city is destoryed. Burning. Screams echoing in the distance. He turns around slowly and see's an army steching as far as the eye can. Thats as far as the dream gets before he awakes.

Lost in his own thoughts he glanced at his alarm clock that sat at his bedside. " Its ten" he thought. "Im Late for school".

Last edited:

The Dream

Awards
Kale was nearly at the market till he saw a familiar face wave at him, it was Xin Re. "Hi Xin Re!" he greeted waving back at her. He walked over to her and smiled. "You heading to the market too? I thought you'd be up and ready for school" Kale asked, a hint of sickness in his voice with each word. He put his hand in his pocket, waiting for an answer. He was glad he met somone he knew, it was his plan after all, so he decided to talk as much as he could.

Akans

「moriya」
"Hi Xin Re! You heading to the market too? I thought you'd be up and ready for school."

He sounded a bit sick today. But then again, there was that annoying flu flying around the town from who knows where. But she'd never been sick herself, so she wasn't too worried. Not that she had ever really worried in her life.

Xin Re opened her mouth to speak, something about how he was feeling today, when another girl, older and taller from the brief glimpse she had, ran out literally nowhere and crashed into her.
Stumbling back a meter before she caught her step again, she looked forwards towards the other girl.

"Ari? "
Xin Re had seen Ari around the school before, but she had never really talked to her, the most obvious reason being that she was 2 years older. But she had heard mention of Ari before, something about artwork and painting.

Rubbing her head, Xin Re looked towards Kale for confirmation. "You're Ari aren't you? Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't looking..."

The Dream

Awards
Kale saw Xin Re fall. He helped her up and looked at Ari. He'd seen her around the school once but she never seemed to talk to him, even though he never said hello to her either. "Hmmm, ah you are that Ari girl! I'd remeber your face sine I never forget one" Kale smiled and put his hand out to help her up. "Want some help?" He asked, eyes gleaming ready to make a new freind to love. He didn't really notice it but he'd always care too much about strangers, this was another one of those times.

Wicked

absurdiam
Judgement looked around the room as all the Neutral Gods entered the briefing room. All of them were equally destructive in there own way, dangerous but to keep the balance of the world; they lived. Judgment got up from his chair and gestured everyone to sit down, they did.

"Now, I have a weird yet interesting task for you. You can feel free to accept or likewise decline, though I would love it if you all considered." They all stared wide-eyed, like goldfish; they had no idea. "What I'm trying to say is, for lack of a better word; I'm bored." As blunt as it sounded, he knew that each and everyone of them felt exactly the same. "So, I've decided that I am going down to earth as a human. I'll make sure that the other Gods do there job and don't cause any trouble. So, who's with me?"

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Life looked intently at Judgement, she could not believe her ears she would be able to visit her children as so many times she wished before. A smile elegantly sat across her face as she timidly spoke up "Good knowing Judgement, i will go, you seem to have a way with words, old friend" she tucked her hair behind her ear and stood up, walking across the room to stand behind him.

---

Ari looked at the two people she had trippe over she had never seen wither of them in her life yet some how seemed so familiar. Shaking it off she stood up taking Kale's hand to pull herself up.

"You're Ari aren't you? Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't looking..."

"Yeah, sorry bout that" She was abit concerened about how this new girl knew her name, but shrgged it off as she yawned greatly

"Well; nice to meet you err, I'm sorry who are you? Im gonna assume from Collage but how do you know me?" her curisity got th better of her, she touched her ear to check her texter was still there and was pleasently surprised.

Wicked

absurdiam
Life accepted, it was good to see the reaction across they Gods faces; priceless really. Judgment walked to the door and turned back, "You can make up your mind whenever you see fit, it's up to you. But me? I'm leaving now." So Judgement went to his room and planned out his role in the world. Banker? Lawyer?.....Teacher.

Tegan was sobbing now, but she reached her first class. Before walking in, she wiped her eyes and got over the bridge she needed to cross; it wouldn't bring her down, she was the most popular wealthy girl in the school already, without even meeting anyone. She had a facade to keep up. Walking in the room, she stared at the teacher and coughed.

"Yes?"

"I am Tegan.....Tegan Ai. You know my dad?"

"Oh yes. Tegan, this is your new class"

"Hi everyone." Tegan stepped forward like she was about to recite something she'd practiced; which sorta sounded like she had, or at least said it before. "My name is Tegan Ai. I'm pretty cool, add me on myspace, you'll all find the link on this card." As ridiculous as it was, she started handing out mini-business cards. The class looked at her like some kind of Alien, their very own E.T in the room, except not so......ugly. She took her seat and took a spit ball to the back of the head, and their she was; top of the school. So she thought.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
With coffee on her skirt and her somewhat good mood gone, Kateus made her way to her class. She knew she was going to be late, but she really couldn't care less.

She walked into the classroom and acknowledged the teacher. They had been on pretty good terms for a couple years, so she was sure her lateness couldn't be that big of a deal. She looked around the room and found the last empty seat...next to this prissy-looking girl with puffy eyes. Huh.

Kateus made her way to the empty seat, and found a business card sitting on the desktop. A myspace link? Seriously? And was the business card...scented?

"Uhm, not gonna be having any of this," Kateus muttered, tossing the card to the ground beside her, taking her seat, sweeping her red hair to one side, leaning back, and prepared for a pretty boring hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back