• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

UltimaXOmega

Even people I know that like Dubstep, think that Face My Fears is booty. It's just obnoxious noises. No lyrics, no instrument, just beeps.

Awards
Even people I know that like Dubstep, think that Face My Fears is booty. It's just obnoxious noises. No lyrics, no instrument, just beeps.

We haven’t even heard the full song yet.... and the Simple and Clean remix had no actual instruments either.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The new song is comparable to the Simple and Clean remix that plays at the start of KH1. Like, its just another dance-pop song with more 2018 production instead of 2001 production? I don't know why people are freaking out omg. It's fun.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I saw someone compare Face my Fears to Subhuman from DMC5.

Why would you do that? Subhuman is terrible.

And once again, Face my Fears isn't freaking Dubstep. It's EDM. Do people just assume it's Dubstep because Skrillex?

Moose

Awards
The first part of the song is great but yeah I'm just not feeling the latter half, will have to see when the full song comes out.

Also the animation style is definitely different from any opening we've seen before, not necessarily bad, but different. I swear Roxas's model looks like it's just a super HD version of his in-game model while Young Xehanort looks his model is more like a character from the previous openings.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The song literally starts with a full minute of lyrics. We haven't even heard the full song yet.

Beeps...Yes, the song starting with a piano has no instruments and only beeps.

Now, please take 5 minutes to listen to the full version of Hikari - PlanitB Remix. "Obnoxious noises" have never been more plentiful.

Spockanort is the Tony Stark of this forum.

I'll accept that only as a compliment.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The opening is damn good. It's an inclusion of most titles to celebrate the series. I was not expecting all that, very fast paced too. I really like it when it cuts out to YMX. Big hype!

Echoecho6

Awards
Are the visuals really better than other openings? Looking at Xion, Roxas, and Axel, they seemed a bit weird and not as well done as DDD which was made like 8 years ago and for the 3ds?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now hold on just a second there

Not my words. He said beeps and no instruments. I’m merely providing him with an actual example of what he defined as “obnoxious noises”

I like Hikari in all forms, and have very fond memories of the long version.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KHinsider - The Race For The Hot-Take

​who will post the most spicy contrary opinion the firstest???

Enturax

Awards
No, because you sound absolutely ridiculous trying to logic up a reason why "Face My Fears" is an objectively bad song.

Yes, I read all of that in the journal paper and the various interpretations by entertainment news sites. That doesn't make music any less of a subjective experience. Music has become homogenized because there are so many more people making music and competing to get their music out there. With so much competition, you find a lot of stuff begins to sound similar because people are chasing after a sound that consumers are more likely to latch onto.

This is what is happening in almost every creative industry right now. Things will shift back into an experimental stage once people have realized they have gone as far as they can with the current trends and styles.

That doesn't mean all pop music is bad and is worse than music of the past, or that this song isn't good.

While it makes me happy it's scientifically proven the genre is rather extremely lackluster, it's still not an objective proof that it's a bad music... because nearly anything can be considered a music; any combination of sounds put into a rhythm. That's why I never used the word "objectively".

And you just explained yourself why mainstreaminizing stuff is a bad thing, BTW, if you ever wondered why I mentioned that.

Are the visuals really better than other openings? Looking at Xion, Roxas, and Axel, they seemed a bit weird and not as well done as DDD which was made like 8 years ago and for the 3ds?

Yeah, they look to me like a pre-rendered models from the game

Enturax

Awards
Alright I don't really have any stake in this, but

These are objective terms.

These are subjective terms.

it is scientifically proven that the music uses less unique melodies, less instruments, has less creative lyrics and thus it's worse in these regards, lackluster.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
it is scientifically proven that the music uses less unique melodies, less instruments, has less creative lyrics and thus it's worse in these regards, lackluster.

Care to show proof of this study? I'm not inclined to believe your claims at face value if you don't back them up. Or what, do you want me to do your work for you?

Enturax

Awards
Care to show proof of this study? I'm not inclined to believe your claims at face value if you don't back them up. Or what, do you want me to do your work for you?

Just watch this video, everything is niecly put
[video]https://youtu.be/oVME_l4IwII[/video]

Back