• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want Disney Worlds to remain?

• Yes, it is what made Kingdom Hearts awesome!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No, Why? Specify below.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Others. Specify below.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol

I wouldn't know why because the original aspects of KH are terrible.

Ulicies

They just need to break away from the plots of the Disney films and involve the Disney characters directly in the main story, then the Disney parts would also become more interesting again because one wouldn't know what awaits you next in that Disney world despite already knowing the world.

SE needs to pull the Disney characters out of their predetermined roles and make them more interacting with the original characters.
Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pete and Maleficent already do this to a certain extent...that should be made with other Disney characters as well.
I totally agree with this. The Disney characters outside of the list you mentioned are getting stale, and they need to either mix up their roles or switch focus on the story progression. Currently the KH formula is "Go to Disney world, enact Disney movie/storyline with added KH characters, rinse-repeat."

KeckII

Yeah, but I don't think Nomura would risk changing that, not at this point. He's in kind of a safe spot right now. Of course, if he really change that, I would full support, don't matter the result. He would have tried, at least.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Disney would really accept that?

Lol, I'd like to believe this as a rhetoric question.

The main formula of KH is original characters having adventures together with well known Disney characters in a Disney-setting.
The FF-characters are meant to be just cameos.
And we won't ever see actual FF worlds like Spira or Pulse in KH, that has already been confirmed very long ago.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Lol, the Disney characters are the majority of why this game got so much attention 10 years ago before it was released. This game wouldn't be what it is, commercially and story-wise (obviously), so it would fail without Disney.

WaveK89

I think the game needs the Final Fantasy characters to branch out rather than feeling like it's all from one world. I'm not saying we need Final Fantasy worlds, but have the more characters involved outside of Radiant Garden. Balance out Disney with more Final Fantasy.

Of course, we know there are other FF characters in other worlds, but it feels all so static. I suppose they have to fall in line with the world order just like any other world/Disney world. I don't think there can be any Gummi Ships flying around without a keyblade anyway...

Hmm...I suppose I just corrected my own opinion...

StVen

"Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol"

I'm wondering and waiting for the guys to react to this.

Well, I'm sorry if some people find this offensive. But that's not really the point of what I am saying. All I am saying was which cutscenes would you rather see. I would rather see KH original scenes one not the one with Ariel, Mulan, etc in it.

In any case, perhaps, I am the only 'one' who thinks KH without Disney would rocks! I don't really know about you guys but I find it interesting to see some people saying the same thing over and over again. lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, I'm sorry if some people find this offensive. But that's not really the point of what I am saying. All I am saying was which cutscenes would you rather see. I would rather see KH original scenes one not the one with Ariel, Mulan, etc in it.

In any case, perhaps, I am the only 'one' who thinks KH without Disney would rocks! I don't really know about you guys but I find it interesting to see some people saying the same thing over and over again. lol
Well, KH without Disney is... well... Final Fantasy. There you go, now leave Disney in KH alone you big sexist mook :) hehehehehehehe

Last edited:

StVen

Well, KH without Disney is... well... Final Fantasy. There you go, now leave Disney in KH alone you big sexist mook :)

Well that's one solution. But yea, I am really disappointed to have said it to my post. I didn't think people would react to that so much. lol So much that they would call you a sexist biatch just by that phrase. But I am not sexist as you think I am :p. That's just being rude I guess judging someone whom you don't 'really' know. My sincere apology though. It was an honest mistake. I didn't think that far ahead. But in any case, carry on with the discussion if you guys still enjoy it. :|

Last edited:

PrinnyGod

Awards
Without Disney, far fewer people would have tried, much less liked, KH1. While the series has tried to gravitate a little bit away from Disney, it's still at the heart(pun unintentional) of its appeal to fans.

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.
Disney is a major core to the games...so removing it is a big no-no.
It's what dragged me into it in the first place. New people we had no clue about interacting with classic Disney characters? Every child's dream really to be in their (Sora's) shoes.

Removing it in the future?
Neverrr gonna happen.
I don't want it removed either.

Right now I'm content with how Disney characters/world are incorporated into the games...aside from the worlds being freaking empty...but that's an entirely different topic altogether, no?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Well that's one solution. But yea, I am really disappointed to have said it to my post. I didn't think people would react to that so much. lol So much that they would call you a sexist biatch just by that phrase. But I am not sexist as you think I am :p. That's just being rude I guess judging someone whom you don't 'really' know. My sincere apology though. It was an honest mistake. I didn't think that far ahead. But in any case, carry on with the discussion if you guys still enjoy it. :|
It wasn't judging someone you didnn't know, it was assuming only one sex likes one thing. Its sexist and its obvious you'd be flamed in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back