• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want Disney Worlds to remain?

• Yes, it is what made Kingdom Hearts awesome!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No, Why? Specify below.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Others. Specify below.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Technically I though KH1, COM, and BBS all removed the whole well let's follow the disney movie storyline I think that's why they were enjoyed the most of the series thus far.

I think this was one thing KH2 shouldn't have done cause it felt like why was I here what purpose did I have to be there in the first place. Basically KH2 could have just been Mulan 2nd part, Beast's Castle, Hercules 2nd part, Hollow Bastion, TTown, TWTNW, and I feel like I'm forgetting a world, but that's where most of the story actually made sense in regards to the overall plot.

Still I'm just carrying on.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
No, we shouldn't get rid of Disney in Kingdom Hearts. Disney is the main reason why Kingdom Hearts was popular in the first place. I know it was the Final Fantasy element that attracted many fans, but most people who are fans of Kingdom Hearts were attracted to it because to the Disney element, including me. Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts if there were no Disney.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think I like the idea of getting rid of Disney characters. It's one of the things that distinguishes it from other Square Enix games.

DestinyKid

Banned
Website
www.lulu.com
EDIT: It is funny how Sora Resembles Mickey Mouse which would mean that Sora is in fact a character created by SE for Disney. I really don't know about this until now. I really feel left off. :(

150px-SoraKH1design.jpg

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

Dude i would have to say no on that becasue if he was truely made after mickey where are the ears, and also he looks nothing like mickey!

Last edited by a moderator:

DestinyKid

Banned
Website
www.lulu.com
Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol We've all watched Disney movies, we all know it's story so why not give something thats new. As you can see, i'm just talking hypothetically. I know its not going to happen but consider the possibilities. And c'mon you can't judge something that doesn't exist. Just think of the possibilities lolz

Also, I would enjoy Kairi Riku Sora in party all the way keeping all the gameplay and s***. :) I really think its not going to be 'just' another FF style series. :)
Did you mean that to be a insult becasue i would really love to take your post and! *Crushes it into a ball and throwxs it into an incinrator*(horible at speeling sry :'<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
EDIT: It is funny how Sora Resembles Mickey Mouse which would mean that Sora is in fact a character created by SE for Disney. I really don't know about this until now. I really feel left off. :(

150px-SoraKH1design.jpg

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

Dude i would have to say no on that becasue if he was truely made after mickey where are the ears, and also he looks nothing like mickey!

It's the scheme of the clothing, don't tell me you don't get that?
White gloves, red pants and big yellow shoes...Sora's KH 1-outfit is clearly modelled after Mickey.

Which I also not surprising when one knows the background:
Square Enix originally wanted Mickey as the main playable character while Disney insisted on Donald Duck.
Nomura then broke up the quarrel and offered the third option of creating a human protagonist (which he wanted anyways).

Rix

:)
Awards
No KH without Disney!

Just wish they could have executed the Disney Worlds better.. Liked how it was in the first game, so it should go back to that.

Echoes

They don't do a good job of incorporating the disney worlds with the orginal characters enough, it seems to be getting better with BBS, though. Am I the only one who wants to see a disney nobody?

For The King

Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol

I know this horse has been beaten to death, but I wanted to throw in my two cents. I'm a 21 year old male, and I love the Disney cutscenes. Yes I do enjoy the non-Disney custscenes, but the thing that made me interested and sold me on the idea of KH was the fact Disney was in it.

So the answer to your question from is me is a big hell no, I do not want a KH game without Disney. While I love the fact that it has it's own original story, I am a major Disney fanboy, and removing it would kill the series for me. It would be like an action RPG FF like Crisis Core or VsXIII and would lose a big part of it's originality.

wii.red24

i say no because i dont think kingdom hearts as a franchise never really needed disney and i dont think it needs disney to succeed however some if not most would disagree with what im saying but keep in mind that kindgom hearts and final fantasy are similar in many aspects and final fantsay doesnt need disney to succed and i dont think kingdom hearts does either however if they took disney out now it would probably ruin the franchise bcuz everybody is used to it by now they would of had to start without it from the gitgo basically

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I don't think KH needs Disney anymore. It could do perfectly fine without it.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
*Rolls eyes*
They still bring these discussions up? Gosh I remember arguing against this four years ago. . .

*Dusts off the old ham and cheese sandwich metaphor*
Ahem.

Kingdom Hearts is like your perfect ham and cheese toasted sandwich.
Lets say - Disney's the cheese - cause its cheesy
and Final Fantasy is the ham - cause its rather meaty.
And the Bread that hold it all together is our original characters

Now toasted ham and cheese sandwiches are good they're a nice combination for the most part.
In part - they complete each other to make something pretty specially yummy.

I agree - at times too much cheese is a little bit off-putting and sometimes cause intestinal blockage - however without it - you've just got a plain old boring ham sandwich - and ladies and jelly-spoons ham and bread is a boring combination - without the cheese, the ham and bread sort of falls apart and there's not much point in toasting it. You might as well just eat some baked ham.

Final Fantasy being the meat adds a contextual depth and interest to our toasted sandwich.
However our Cheese - the Disney allows it to still stay light, teach us to believe in our dreams, never give up hope and "laugh at stupid stuff that doesn't make sense". It keeps the bread together and stable.

I have no problem with more meat - so long as there's enough cheese to balance it out and hold it all together.

So who's hungry?

Sidenote: Like many others - I bought Kingdom Hearts - for the disney. I wouldn't have even heart of Final Fantasy without it. I bought Kingdom Hearts to amuse myself over a boring holiday - and well four years later and I'm still an overly obsessed little fangirl.

Last edited:

For The King

*Rolls eyes*
They still bring these discussions up? Gosh I remember arguing against this four years ago. . .

Ahem.

Now toasted ham and cheese sandwiches are good they're a nice combination for the most part.

I agree - at times too much cheese is a little bit off-putting and sometimes cause intestinal blockage - however without it - you've just got a plain old boring ham sandwich - and ladies and jelly-spoons ham and bread is a boring combination - without the cheese, the ham and bread sort of falls apart and there's not much point in toasting it. You might as well just eat some baked ham.

Final Fantasy being the meat adds a contextual depth and interest to our toasted sandwich.
However our Cheese - the Disney allows it to still stay light, teach us to believe in our dreams, never give up hope and "laugh at stupid stuff that doesn't make sense". It keeps the bread together and stable.

I have no problem with more meat - so long as there's enough cheese to balance it out and hold it all together.

So who's hungry?

Sidenote: Like many others - I bought Kingdom Hearts - for the disney. I wouldn't have even heart of Final Fantasy without it. I bought Kingdom Hearts to amuse myself over a boring holiday - and well four years later and I'm still an overly obsessed little fangirl.

tumblr_ljlo63TMGB1qf6y79.gif

Well said.

Sidenote, I really want a toasted ham and cheese sandwich right now.

AlphaJW

Twilight Town watching the sunset with my headphon
*Rolls eyes*

Ahem.

So who's hungry?

You Ma'am -IS AWESOME!
200b2dfdec.gif

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Nice sandwich metaphor. Without the inclusion of Disney properties, KH would just be an alternate plot in the FF universe and would definitely loose half it's audience, including myself.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*Rolls eyes*

Ahem.

So who's hungry?

this is the answer to this thread.. right here XD

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*Rolls eyes*

Ahem.

So who's hungry?

this..right here... is the answer to this thread XD

this is beautiful

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I'm worried about the series staying fresh if the only worlds they ever visit are Disney worlds. Let's be honest: there aren't enough Disney movies/franchises to sustain the kind of high-quality longevity that KH fans are expecting. Not unless you want three more games to feature Aladdin and Olympic Colosseum.

There are A LOT of Disney movies. I really doubt that would be a problem. If they every did run out, they would have gone through at least five more sagas, which means about 40 more games.

Worst case they could tap into the FF realm a bit more and introduce characters and worlds from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back