• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Riku's keyblade have an eye?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
^ I remember Mickey saying Riku handles darkness like never seen before. I'm not sure about Xehanort but I do remember him saying DDD that Riku was "resistant" to it now.
*just randomly adds two cents to other people's conversation and leaves* :smile:

Ah, its probably Mickey then. I was misremembering. YX did say to Riku that he doesn't know how he did it but that Riku had found a way to trap darkness inside his heart. Though I don't think he's trapped it, he's found a way to use it without being corrupted.

That would be an idea. What if MX's keyblade is the embodiment of darkness? That would be why it is the oldest keyblade, it corrupted the sixth foreteller who started the keyblade war and it has been passed down to current day xehanort. Every user who wields it is influenced by an ancient evil who wants the x-blade to control kingdom hearts, but why?

an alternative ending would be, sora wielding it and becoming corrupted, riku then wields the x-blade while fighting off it's powerful seduction and rescues sora with it. Or sora pulls a Sam Winchester and sacrifices himself permanently by gaining control and helping riku win within his heart, in which sora would save everybody like has been talked about and riku could become the new protagonist.

I really hope there isn't an ancient evil behind all this... Don't make the story even more complicated then it already is! Though, I could see it going that way, especially with Chi around. They're telling that story for a reason.

I think Sora would be too full of light to be able to wield the X-blade. Isn't it a heart of light and a heart of darkness needed to forge it? Wouldn't a balanced heart, one capable of controlling light and dark needed to wield it? Maybe it corrupts you if you are not balanced between light and dark... Maybe that could be Xehanort's undoing... He seeks the X-blade, hoping he can wield it but it burns him because he isn't balanced, so therefore cannot wield it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That would be an idea. What if MX's keyblade is the embodiment of darkness? That would be why it is the oldest keyblade, it corrupted the sixth foreteller who started the keyblade war and it has been passed down to current day xehanort. Every user who wields it is influenced by an ancient evil who wants the x-blade to control kingdom hearts, but why?

I'm not gonna say it isn't possible because it is, but...we haven't even really been formally introduced to the 6th Apprentice and at the moment it seems that the 5 Foretellers are working towards their own goals that are not as noble as their followers believe they are.

I've had similar thoughts about it, especially since prior to the official English translation of Young Xehanort's lines in Re:coded, fan translations from the Japanese version mentioned a "will" that was tied to the Keyblade Xehanort inherits. Paired with the whole "Another" thing in Xehanort's name...

But yeah...it's a thin theory. Not much evidence to build it and we could make a million ideas from what we know/don't know.

(Also I just really dislike the idea of there being another evil behind Xehanort. If it was just another Xehanort that existed during the time of the war and made sure his will lived on through this Keyblade and his heart was reborn in the future to what we see now, then cool, but some ancient evil? Let's avoid that overdone trope in JRPGs)

an alternative ending would be, sora wielding it and becoming corrupted, riku then wields the x-blade while fighting off it's powerful seduction and rescues sora with it.

Sora to wield Xehanort's Keyblade? I've been more of the opinion that Sora will probably become the one to wield the X-Blade and use it to use Kingdom Hearts to save the universe and momentarily lose himself before ~*friendship*~™ saves him.

The X-Blade is not seductive because it has great power, but rather because it is the key to the greatest power of all. Anybody who uses the X-Blade would likely not be controlled by it and instead if they coveted it so much before, they would already be power-hungry and influenced by that mentality.

Or sora pulls a Sam Winchester and sacrifices himself permanently by gaining control and helping riku win within his heart, in which sora would save everybody like has been talked about and riku could become the new protagonist.

Unless KH4 is going to do a whole "Search for Spock" plot, Sora's the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts and always will be even if he isn't the main character of a game. Nomura's said this a few times before and this is something I really doubt he will ever change his mind about.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Perhaps not an ancient evil, but maybe the darkness itself is getting stronger with each user, xehanort being the latest, and it breaks off into a new entity (again, after 3). And about a balanced heart being needed, which is why I said riku to wield it and not sora. I would be okay with a search for Spock storyline, where sora would have to be rescued from the RoD, all the while he is fighting his way out (or at least trying).

SoraForeverKH

I've been thinking about this, too. In my opinion, I'd say it has a big for the character. I think we can expect to learn more about it through KH X chin and KH III. It's there for a reason, so they must have skmething big planned for him. The only question is, will it be something good and represent maybe the five foretellers watching over the Worlds, or could it have something to do with Riku's unfortunate connection to a certain person? I'd hate to even consider it, but no matter how you look at it, the fact remains that he once gave Xehanort's heart room in his own heart.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
Man... I have a lot to catch up on! Whenever I had my idea for the reply, I would read the next post and found out someone already mentioned it. So everything I wanted to say is about covered! First thing... Star Trek isn't Disney, is it? The percent of that being in it is 0%. Sorry. But, dreaming is still OK! I always thought it was strange how Sora was able to wield End of Pain in DDD. But I guess it could be from MX too.
That would be cool to see Riku using the X-blade! But if anyone got to do it, it would have to be Sora. And I don't think he has more light than darkness. He couldhave as much dakness- if not more as light. Remember darkside? Hasn't it been said that darkside is like Sora's heartless or something? It's also in coded. It got really strong in the data world. Sora just chooses to use light I guess. Let's just hope he stays that way!
I don't know what they have in store for Riku in KH3. But I know it has to be something. His keyblade (Road to dawn) is cool and all how he got it, but he needs a new one now without an eye, representing he has nothing to do with Xehanort anymore.

hlc1988

Awards
Man... I have a lot to catch up on! Whenever I had my idea for the reply, I would read the next post and found out someone already mentioned it. So everything I wanted to say is about covered! First thing... Star Trek isn't Disney, is it? The percent of that being in it is 0%. Sorry. But, dreaming is still OK! I always thought it was strange how Sora was able to wield End of Pain in DDD. But I guess it could be from MX too.
That would be cool to see Riku using the X-blade! But if anyone got to do it, it would have to be Sora. And I don't think he has more light than darkness. He couldhave as much dakness- if not more as light. Remember darkside? Hasn't it been said that darkside is like Sora's heartless or something? It's also in coded. It got really strong in the data world. Sora just chooses to use light I guess. Let's just hope he stays that way!
I don't know what they have in store for Riku in KH3. But I know it has to be something. His keyblade (Road to dawn) is cool and all how he got it, but he needs a new one now without an eye, representing he has nothing to do with Xehanort anymore.

The problem I have with Sora potentially wielding the X-blade is that he isn't balanced. Unless Sora is able to do what Riku has learned to do with light and dark, by the end of KH3, then fine, but is there enough time for that to happen? Of course this is speculation. Sora probably will wield the X-blade, however, for me, I think it makes a lot more sense for it to be Riku - if there is a clause there that certain conditions have to be met for one to wield the X-blade. Sora isn't special - he's ordinary who has found himself involved with keyblades.

I remember what Aqua said to Sora in BBS... She told him that it was his job to protect Riku. I think that will stand even now, even into KH3. And I think it will have something to do with the X-blade ultimately.

Of course, Sora will open the door so he probably will be the one with the X-blade. Though it could be that Sora can't wield it properly and in the end it goes to Riku and Sora stands by him as his protector...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back